Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times

Advertisements

Thankfully the internet comes with an off switch so you don't have to be a part of the silliness. How you stumbled into this thread is what I want to know if conspiracy "nuts" bore you so much.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Thankfully the internet comes with an off switch so you don't have to be a part of the silliness. How you stumbled into this thread is what I want to know if conspiracy "nuts" bore you so much.
After such a sad day, I figured I could use a chuckle before going to bed....that's why I read this thread.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:19 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Sure thing.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,652,265 times
Most of the people I've employed over the years are conspiracy freaks (it goes with the job). Typical traits include too much booze and pot, living in a tin shed or caravan (trailer) and owning a $100 car -or part shares in a $100 car. Dog eared Nexus magazines or pot covered Uncensored mags are de rigueur

Knowledge of the "theories" is usually piecemeal and theories are often intertwined with other theories although not intentionally. It can be tiring getting educated by these types but on the plus side, there's always someone to have a few drinks with after work.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,364,800 times
what a funny thread...
you liberal wing nuts should really pay attention to your ownselves.

I see a lot of exconspiracy theorist here.
half you window-lickers whined about Bush/Cheney eating babies and taking over the world for 8 years.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
what a funny thread...
you liberal wing nuts should really pay attention to your ownselves.

I see a lot of exconspiracy theorist here.
half you window-lickers whined about Bush/Cheney eating babies and taking over the world for 8 years.
bull#@@

I have long believed that Bush''s administration incompetence is what led to 9/11, not a conspiracy.

I made fun of those idiots who said another "terror" attack was being planned and cheny/bush would become a dictatorship. Loose change refers to the capabilities of their brain.

Conspiracy theorist/counter narrative are, the way I view it, consistent across administrations

Old 04-16-2013, 06:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
If it can be proven false, it is not a conspiracy. It is just a nice try to spin it.

A conspiracy, is never proven false, but also never acted upon.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,595,971 times
Until someone can explain to me why JFK's head went backward when he was shot, why there was no 747 found at the Pentagon, why Israeli companies warned of an attack and moved out of the World Trade Centers weeks before 9/11, and why the government lied about the 2nd Gulf of Tonkin incident, until someone can explain all of that then it is ignorant to claim conspiracies don't exist.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 AM

287 posts, read 185,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Everything it seems is a freaking conspiracy..
It's seems this is the thought process shared mostly by of our "libertarian friends."
As well as shared/promoted by Libertarian Media.

First question asked at tonights press conference, "is this a false flag attack to take away our civil liberties".
As I type this there seems to be a mentally slow sounding guy trying to shout questions.

These people think everything is a conspiracy.
Sandy Hook
Aurora Theater Shooting
The Giffords shooting.
Loughner was a confirmed member of a conspiracy website. And is routinely defended by members of that website.
Which makes you wonder if sites or other certain media like that are promoting certain activities. We had the "different thinking survivalist/libertarian type" who shot the bus driver and held a kid hostage in his bunker for a few days.

It's seems that their thought process is that there are no evil people in the world, there are no nutjobs who do evil things. There are just false flags, and grand schemes by the government.

Yet these people dare to try to push their candidates on the public in elections. They really want their political views to be taken seriously....right

sigh......
There are conspiracy theorists because life is nothing but conspiracies. Bosses conspire against employees - employees conspire against bosses. We conspire to keep our own children in line when they don't listen to us. We conspire against our spouses to see certain things we might disagree with our way. We all do it. So why wouldn't governments, groups of people?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,595,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Most of the people I've employed over the years are conspiracy freaks (it goes with the job). Typical traits include too much booze and pot, living in a tin shed or caravan (trailer) and owning a $100 car -or part shares in a $100 car. Dog eared Nexus magazines or pot covered Uncensored mags are de rigueur

Knowledge of the "theories" is usually piecemeal and theories are often intertwined with other theories although not intentionally. It can be tiring getting educated by these types but on the plus side, there's always someone to have a few drinks with after work.
Interesting. I don't meet any of those criteria. In fact I was less into conspiracies when I was drinking and smoking regularly. There has to come a point in someone's life when they just can't buy into the bull**** anymore. While I agree that not everything is a conspiracy (Newtown, Aurora, and Giffords), there is enough evidence that information is being withheld from tragedies such as JFK, 9/11, Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, and many other events. I believe that people who question the "official narrative" are more compassionate than the ones who blindly accept it as they show a drive in wanting to find out the truth. However, in today's society, questions are no longer accepted. If you don't believe the governmental account you are made out to be an enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.