Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,588,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I guess another trait of the people Im talking about, is that they don't really know the official narrative either. They don't really question as that would require hard work. Your right though, not all conspiracy types fit that profile i described. I know an architect who doesn't accept the moon landings were real, he still makes the mistake of not knowing enough about the official narrative and is less interested in science than I would have thought. How can you have a serious discussion with someone who thinks there was only a single moon mission?, or that it would be impossible for the Lunar Lander to have lifted off the moon? These are questions that could be asked and answered regardless of whether you believe it was real or not.
What do you mean they don't know the official narrative? 9/11 was an attack carried out by 19 terrorists with box cutters. The Twin Towers came down by fire created by jet fuel. Building #7 came down by fire. The Pentagon was hit by a 747. People understand perfectly what the "official narrative" is. However, unlike you, they don't blindly accept it as truth. No one is stopping you from blindly accepting the governmental account, so don't try and marginalize those who aren't as easily swayed as you are.

Last edited by Grizzly Addams; 04-16-2013 at 08:10 PM..

Old 04-16-2013, 07:52 PM

311 posts, read 491,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah why don't people just accept the official version of events? It not like the government would lie to us.
Really? The government doesn't lie to us?

Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,379,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreau36 View Post
Really? The government doesn't lie to us?
No, it wouldn't be in its best interest if people found out.

The Government would lose its credibility, and it would NEVER take that risk.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
No, it wouldn't be in its best interest if people found out.

The Government would lose its credibility, and it would NEVER take that risk.
I don't buy that one bit.

Great example is the WMD lie that Bush spread around just to initiate the Iraq war.

I think that one must discern things for his/herself prior to believing in a particular event occurring the way that they want you to believe. The problem is that most Americans believe in the lamestream media propaganda outlets like CNN & FOX whether than having a second opinion and thinking for themselves.

Government has becoming a laughingstock rather than a legitimate agency, no matter which party is in office. Many of them have been paid off as well to spread lies and other BS.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Quote:
I don't buy that one bit.

Great example is the WMD lie that Bush spread around just to initiate the Iraq war.

I think that one must discern things for his/herself prior to believing in a particular event occurring the way that they want you to believe. The problem is that most Americans believe in the lamestream media propaganda outlets like CNN & FOX whether than having a second opinion and thinking for themselves.

Government has becoming a laughingstock rather than a legitimate agency, no matter which party is in office. Many of them have been paid off as well to spread lies and other BS.
Yet we still vote for the same idiots from both parties!!! Apparently, the joke is on us.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 18 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times
It Is a conspiracy if 2 or more people are involved

Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,042,569 times
The problem is that "conspiracy theories" come in many varieties, which possess varying degrees of credibility. It's both unfair and unwise to lump all of them into the realm of the lunatic fringe.

There are those notions which are entirely untenable, and in fact can be rather easily disproven. These are often the theories that break along the lines of political party affiliation, demographics, and religious belief.

There are those which hold psychological appeal to the individual by allowing adherents to enter a sort of exclusive club of believers/knowers.

There are those which grow in notoriety due largely to the lack of government transparency. They can't be disproven, but the unwillingness of governments, and by extension the media, to provide the complete story leaves the subject open to continuing speculation.

Then there are those for which there is a significant amount of circumstantial evidence, but no smoking gun.

Virtually all conspiracy theories have at least a grain of truth to them. Some can be easily dispensed with. Some can be refuted with a bit of research and common sense. Others should cause us to seriously consider the veracity and motivations of those involved. In general, I would suggest that any time individuals holding positions of power and influence engage in activities under the cover of secrecy and high security, there is cause for concern.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yet we still vote for the same idiots from both parties!!! Apparently, the joke is on us.
In other words, we get what we deserved for not thinking "outside the box" & for refusing to leave the cultic two-party monstrosity that, quite frankly, don't give two-cents about the people.

The "I vote for XY because he's a Democrat or Republican" needs to cease if we desire real change and accountability from city hall, the state house or Washington, period.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Quote:
In other words, we get what we deserved for not thinking "outside the box" & for refusing to leave the cultic two-party monstrosity that, quite frankly, don't give two-cents about the people.

The "I vote fox XY because he's a Democrat or Republican" needs to cease if we desire real change and accountability from city hall, the state house or Washington, period.
You said it.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,515,679 times
Be sure to tell your local homicide detectives that the next time a murderer leaves a note claiming they did not do it, to believe them and close the case immediately.

After all, believing otherwise would make you a "CoNsPiRaCy ThEoRiSt".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.