Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times

Advertisements

Having lived in the Houston area for over 20 years (some time ago),....I can honestly say that Sheila Jackson Lee is not intelligent enough to be classified an "idiot".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 11:19 AM

602 posts, read 574,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
basically, this forum shows that conservatives dont view what republican politicians do as dumb, they just see it as a difference of opinion.

So you agree with SJL

Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 AM

19,030 posts, read 14,205,095 times
In the beginning, only men who owned property and paid taxes were permitted to vote and hold office.
Oh, and another side issue - if they wanted political liberty - voting and holding office - they had to perform mandatory civic duties.
Like militia duty - the obligation to train, fight and die on command (17-45).
And since they were paying the bulk of the taxes, they were very frugal. And they didn't start any wars.

In the 1820s, this wise requirement was waived, and any warm body could vote.
The rise of the partisan political parties soon followed.
Things went downhill very fast.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

No... let's call a spade a spade here, and blame the gangbangers! They have the freedom of choice to NOT cause havoc in their respective neighborhoods, but they choose not to!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Maybe i should make myself more clear.

the opinion i was speaking of, was that of Palin and Bachmann, not Jackson(which isnt an opinion, it just stupid, just as the things Palin and Bachmann say). I was saying that those who defend Palin and Bachmann do so by saying that it is their Opinion and that you do not have to agree with them.

Im not sure how you got to the conclusion that i was talking about Lee's opinion.
OK, I'll bite. Name one stupid thing Palin has said.

Go!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Go!!!
Didn't she say something like, 'Tina Fey thinks she can see Russia from my toilet?'

Old 04-16-2013, 11:34 AM

315 posts, read 256,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Go!!!
Don't set your self up like that man. SJL is dumb, but don't set your self up.

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."

"'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010"

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin, botching the history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011"

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS4C7bvHv2w

Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Sheila Jackson-Lee: “Don’t Condemn the Gangbangers. Blame the Guns.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'd love to know who votes for people like this.....
Gangbangers, of course.

And the people who support them.

In SJL's inner-city congressional district, that's a majority.

And as long as she keeps pushing policies that don't reduce the numbers of gangbangers, she'd got guaranteed job security.

You've heard of the "Military-Industrial Complex"?

She's got a "Criminal-DemocratPolitician Complex" going.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Sheila Jackson-Lee: “Don’t Condemn the Gangbangers. Blame the Guns.”

Gangbangers, of course.

And the people who support them.

In SJL's inner-city congressional district, that's a majority.

And as long as she keeps pushing policies that don't reduce the numbers of gangbangers, she'd got guaranteed job security.

You've heard of the "Military-Industrial Complex"?

She's got a "Criminal-DemocratPolitician Complex" going.

Hmmm, I'm not too sure how many gangbangers actually vote?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
What a deluded, deluded woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies