Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,942 posts, read 10,271,556 times
Reputation: 6476

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Obama too damn busy to go himself?
Yes.

Among other reasons that have been posted many times in this thread.

*Sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
 
977 posts, read 765,050 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You are outraged. Just look at your hysterical whining & pouting. You're like a child. Grow up man.
Get stuffed 'man'. You don't like my POV? Ignore it. Obama is a pathetic, political beast who hasn't enough class to attend the funeral because of politics. Either offer an argument against my point or go play in the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM
 
56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
One more time. How does he 'send them'? He has no authority over them. They were probably asked by Obama to attend. Obama too damn busy to go himself? Or did he not care for Thatcher's politics? Hmmmmmmm
Both probably. And so what? Why should we give a damn about Maggie Thatcher? What did she ever do for this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM
 
977 posts, read 765,050 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes.

Among other reasons that have been posted many times in this thread.

*Sigh*
Correct. The reason is that Thatcher represented everything Obama hates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
 
977 posts, read 765,050 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Both probably. And so what? Why should we give a damn about Maggie Thatcher? What did she ever do for this country?
Why give a damn about a shooting victim in Chicago? Well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
 
26,580 posts, read 14,485,895 times
Reputation: 7446
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
One more time. How does he 'send them'? He has no authority over them. They were probably asked by Obama to attend.
that's your argument?

Quote:
Obama too damn busy to go himself? Or did he not care for Thatcher's politics? Hmmmmmmm
and again, this would be status quo with the 2005 funeral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
 
14,247 posts, read 17,946,072 times
Reputation: 13807
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Bull. The Queen is a friggin' tourist attraction. Thatcher led their government. Don't be silly.
Unlike you, I do have a very good idea how the British system works. The Queen is head of state. Thatcher was the leader of the Conservative Party in 1979. As leader of the largest party after the election that year, the Queen invited her to form a government. She, therefore, became prime minister, not head of state.

You really need to inform yourself before making erroneous and uneducated statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,942 posts, read 10,271,556 times
Reputation: 6476
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Correct. The reason is that Thatcher represented everything Obama hates.
If you think she was so great, why didn't you go? You could have at least joined the crowds of other unimportant Thatcher supporters mourning her passing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM
 
977 posts, read 765,050 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Unlike you, I do have a very good idea how the British system works. The Queen is head of state. Thatcher was the leader of the Conservative Party in 1979. As leader of the largest party after the election that year, the Queen invited her to form a government. She, therefore, became prime minister, not head of state.

You really need to inform yourself before making erroneous and uneducated statements.
The Queen is a figurehead. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
 
56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Get stuffed 'man'. You don't like my POV? Ignore it. Obama is a pathetic, political beast who hasn't enough class to attend the funeral because of politics. Either offer an argument against my point or go play in the street.
Why not spend your own money and go since she means so much to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top