Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM

977 posts, read 763,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
See, that's funny

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post27252386

Because here you started a thread saying you're on unemployment, which in the state of Illinois is paid for by taxes on employers.

So to me it sounds like you are full of.. something. You bust on others for "Whining", but let's take a look at some choice quotes of yours:

And you're accusing other people of being WHINERS? Seriously? You sound like a 7 year old. You just don't want to work, you want that unemployment check.

Indeed, you sure can , even when in reality you're on a glorified form of welfare paid for by the employers of the state of Illinois.
LOL!! No unemployment now junior. I am on my pension which is a helluva lot more than UI at my old local. $2100 a month. You guys have to do better than that. And yes. You are whiners. You want things given to you. If your hero strikers at Hostess Brands had not gone on strike, we all would have still been employed. The paperwork went through and I got my pension. Try harder.

Last edited by butkus51; 04-23-2013 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Say it aint so

Not the poster calling everyone around here lazy!

I'm not even gonna re-post what Butkus said in the thread. But lets just say he's not a 1 percenter.
Oh it is so. Had unemployment until the pension came through. And?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
LOL!! No unemployment now junior. On my pension which is a helluva lot more than UI at my old local. $2100 a month. You guys have to do better than that. And yes. You are whiners. You want things given to you. If your hero strikers at Hostess Brands had not gone on strike, we all would have still been employed. The paperwork went through and I got my pension. Try harder.
Quote:
Oh it is so. Had unemployment until the pension came through. And?

And your own here lecturing people? Hint: If you want to make people think your some uber successful business person don't post your pay that says otherwise.

From Butkus:

I have a telephone interview because I refused an offer of work. Here is what I am going to tell them. Will I lose my benefits? I just started UI a few weeks ago.........

Initially when I certified for my benefits I said I refused an offer of work. I was actually given an interview. I was never given off days or hours. I was told that I was being considered for the position along with others. On Saturday, December 1, I sent an email to ------ asking them to remove me from consideration of the position. I did not know what constituted an offer of work but nonetheless I did not want the job.

I was laid off on November 16. On Saturday November 17 I filed for unemployment online. I also found an online application on the ------ website. I was told by a friend that his brother worked there and he was getting around $18 an hour. So when Sylvia , HR manager for ------- called me on Monday or Tuesday I was asked what my salary requirements were. I told her between $14 an hour and $17 an hour. I had been making $17.84 at Hostess. She said fine and she would give my resume to the supervisor. Then I get a call for an interview with Mike for Wednesday the 28th. I show up and Mike says it will be freezer work on a stand-up electric forklift using an RF scanner. I ask him what the job pays. He first says "I don't know". Then later he says about $16.50. He then asks me if I ever used a stand-up fork or an RF scanner. I tell him I used a stand-up fork one time and never used an RF scanner. So he takes me out and asks me to get on the forklift to see what I can do. A supervisor has me drive it around a couple of garbage cans and move a skid. I didn’t even know how to use the controls. So I drive around slow and herky jerky, move a skid after hitting the rack and nudge another skid when I put the skid I was moving back to where I got it. Mike and the supervisor look at each other and shrug their shoulders. Then we go in the freezer for about five minutes. Mike asks me if I could work in that for twelve hours. I tell him “I think my ears are falling off”. Then on the way out Mike tells me he needs to get someone hired on ASAP in order to cut down on the extra days and overtime. Then I talk to Ed who is the manager and he tells me the pay is $10.62. Not the $14 to $17 I was lead to believe. Nor the $16.50 Mike told me. I also observed how fast the drivers were moving. I could never drive that well in one week. I was told by a man I know who drives in a freezer for Jewel that it would take you ‘years’ to drive like that. It seemed to me that Mike wanted to get anyone hired in order to fix his overtime problem.
I was then emailed about taking a physical and asked my uniform size that Saturday. I then emailed ------ asking them to remove me from consideration. I can in no way work on that equipment in that environment and do what they asked. I would have either hurt myself and/or others using that forklift. I have thirty years of experience on a sit down forklift and maybe thirty minutes tops of using a stand up forklift. I have zero experience in that environment and with that equipment. I would be a hazard there. I thought it would be inside a bakery. Not a freezer. I wasn’t expecting nights. I waited three days to withdraw from consideration because I was afraid that I had to take any job offered me on unemployment. But I cannot work where I honestly feel I am a hazard to myself and others.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
basically he spent his entire life as a garbageman, and hauling twinkies around on a forklift

then he got fired , is on unemployment, and is unwilling to do this other type of work

apparently he thinks this makes him some kind of internet-bad-ass

His little tagline is "sick of progressives" -- if it weren't for progressives his ass would be in the street right now. There never would've been a "union forklift job" for him at hostess, and there would be no unemployment for him and his wife to rely on.
More stupidity from the left.

You should be proud of your heroes that went on strike and shut us down. And you're 'progressives' are to blame for that. UI is granted by the employer like it or not. The pension is mine as of early this month.

The union? LOL! I resigned from the union in 2005. Still had to pay dues in this pathetic blue state but I got them cut. And I've had many jobs that were non-union over the years. Better pay and no dues.

No need to do other work lefty. Got the pension, took out a student loan, heading back to school in May.

"apparently he thinks this makes him some kind of internet-bad-ass"? Meaning what? I have my opinions and you have yours. Right 'bad ass'?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
You should've heard some of the things he's called me and other posters. He's been calling us lazy and whiney for about a good week now. Even got one of my threads shut down because of his baseless rants.

I just don't get some people.
Yep. Damn right you're lazy when you cry and whine and riot about what others make and do nothing for yourselves. No whining here kid. Got a pension and headin' to school.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
And your own here lecturing people? Hint: If you want to make people think your some uber successful business person don't post your pay that says otherwise.

From Butkus:

I have a telephone interview because I refused an offer of work. Here is what I am going to tell them. Will I lose my benefits? I just started UI a few weeks ago.........

Initially when I certified for my benefits I said I refused an offer of work. I was actually given an interview. I was never given off days or hours. I was told that I was being considered for the position along with others. On Saturday, December 1, I sent an email to ------ asking them to remove me from consideration of the position. I did not know what constituted an offer of work but nonetheless I did not want the job.

I was laid off on November 16. On Saturday November 17 I filed for unemployment online. I also found an online application on the ------ website. I was told by a friend that his brother worked there and he was getting around $18 an hour. So when Sylvia , HR manager for ------- called me on Monday or Tuesday I was asked what my salary requirements were. I told her between $14 an hour and $17 an hour. I had been making $17.84 at Hostess. She said fine and she would give my resume to the supervisor. Then I get a call for an interview with Mike for Wednesday the 28th. I show up and Mike says it will be freezer work on a stand-up electric forklift using an RF scanner. I ask him what the job pays. He first says "I don't know". Then later he says about $16.50. He then asks me if I ever used a stand-up fork or an RF scanner. I tell him I used a stand-up fork one time and never used an RF scanner. So he takes me out and asks me to get on the forklift to see what I can do. A supervisor has me drive it around a couple of garbage cans and move a skid. I didn’t even know how to use the controls. So I drive around slow and herky jerky, move a skid after hitting the rack and nudge another skid when I put the skid I was moving back to where I got it. Mike and the supervisor look at each other and shrug their shoulders. Then we go in the freezer for about five minutes. Mike asks me if I could work in that for twelve hours. I tell him “I think my ears are falling offâ€. Then on the way out Mike tells me he needs to get someone hired on ASAP in order to cut down on the extra days and overtime. Then I talk to Ed who is the manager and he tells me the pay is $10.62. Not the $14 to $17 I was lead to believe. Nor the $16.50 Mike told me. I also observed how fast the drivers were moving. I could never drive that well in one week. I was told by a man I know who drives in a freezer for Jewel that it would take you ‘years’ to drive like that. It seemed to me that Mike wanted to get anyone hired in order to fix his overtime problem.
I was then emailed about taking a physical and asked my uniform size that Saturday. I then emailed ------ asking them to remove me from consideration. I can in no way work on that equipment in that environment and do what they asked. I would have either hurt myself and/or others using that forklift. I have thirty years of experience on a sit down forklift and maybe thirty minutes tops of using a stand up forklift. I have zero experience in that environment and with that equipment. I would be a hazard there. I thought it would be inside a bakery. Not a freezer. I wasn’t expecting nights. I waited three days to withdraw from consideration because I was afraid that I had to take any job offered me on unemployment. But I cannot work where I honestly feel I am a hazard to myself and others.

Yes. And? Where was the whining? Got my UI until I got my pension.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Yep. Damn right you're lazy when you cry and whine and riot about what others make and do nothing for yourselves. No whining here kid. Got a pension and headin' to school.
I'm the kid but you were the one collecting government benefits while I was employing people.

Can't believe I wasted so much time bickering with someone with your maturity level.

The sad part is I'm trying to help YOU and you can't even realize it.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
See, that's funny

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post27252386

Because here you started a thread saying you're on unemployment, which in the state of Illinois is paid for by taxes on employers.

So to me it sounds like you are full of.. something. You bust on others for "Whining", but let's take a look at some choice quotes of yours:

And you're accusing other people of being WHINERS? Seriously? You sound like a 7 year old. You just don't want to work, you want that unemployment check.

Indeed, you sure can , even when in reality you're on a glorified form of welfare paid for by the employers of the state of Illinois.
Quote:
Say it aint so

Not the poster calling everyone around here lazy!

I'm not even gonna re-post what Butkus said in the thread. But lets just say he's not a 1 percenter.
Quote:
basically he spent his entire life as a garbageman, and hauling twinkies around on a forklift

then he got fired , is on unemployment, and is unwilling to do this other type of work

apparently he thinks this makes him some kind of internet-bad-ass

His little tagline is "sick of progressives" -- if it weren't for progressives his ass would be in the street right now. There never would've been a "union forklift job" for him at hostess, and there would be no unemployment for him and his wife to rely on.
Quote:
Stuff it..................bud.
I got the data from DOL. Take it up with them.
Screw past salaries. You live in the past? There's the problem with you whiny OWS types. Y'all cry, stomp, whimper and riot because you can't get your way. Get off your cryin' ass and work two jobs if you have to. But I doubt you;re capable of one job let alone two. Or get a damn education.

Who defines a lot of money? A group of sniveling brats and whiners who want everything given to them?

Hey genius. I live in the Chi area. That is why I use Chicago. Everything is relative. Pick a different city if you like.
Quote:
I'm the kid but you were the one collecting government benefits while I was employing people.

Can't believe I wasted so much time bickering with someone with your maturity level.

So typical. Those screaming the loudest about takers, makers, job producers, laziness, welfare - are the very ones collecting entitlements themselves. All the while pointing the fingers at others.

Busted.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Yes. You're the kid condoning people who riot because they don't get what they want. And you employ no one as far as anyone here knows.

And govt benefits? I was unemployed thanks to your precious strikers at Hostess. Not any longer.

You can't help me. I do not nor ever have rioted in the streets when I had no job or had a job that paid less than I needed. Not much maturity in that.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So typical. Those screaming the loudest about takers, makers, job producers, laziness, welfare - are the very ones collecting entitlements themselves. All the while pointing the fingers at others.

Busted.
Taking what? My pension?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies