Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No argument about the attack being planned for for maximum impact at a public event. But as an event, I think you're overstating the Boston Marathon. Outside of the running world and the residents of Boston, it just isn't that big a deal, and certainly not much of a spectator sport. Hitting say the Superbowl or any NFL playoff, or perhaps the Daytona 500, would probably be a bigger impact, but they are more difficult targets. As horrific as this attack is, we do need to be thankful that it didn't take place at the start of the race when huge crowds were massed in a small area. The carnage would have been horrible.
An attack in Hopkinton would have arguably been more horrific than at Copley Square.

I sincerely hope that we are not giving ideas to future terrorists.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
*sigh* Are you that desperate to push your agenda that you politicize this tragedy just to do it?

...wait. Why am I even asking? Of course you are!
Liberals are the only ones politicizing the bombing.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yet here you are starting a thread about it and doing exactly that.

Are you a liberal now?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Yet here you are starting a thread about it and doing exactly that.

Are you a liberal now?
You haven't read the entire thread.

Barack Obama is politicizing the tragedy, I am not, and you are deflecting.

In fact you are using the ATDT - the AdiosToreador Deflection Technique.

Enjoy your evening reading "independent"(liberal).

Old 04-16-2013, 11:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do you know this for a FACT, or are you just speaking out of your behind? I'm guessing the latter, considering Boston is a majority-Democrat town - and also a very prosperous city, filled with tons of successful liberals (and conservatives, of course). My relatives live in the Boston area, they're liberals, and all have worked VERY hard their entire lives with no "handouts." So basically, you are flat-out lying.

And for somebody who supposedly works so hard, why do you have almost as many posts as I do, when you've been a member for FIVE fewer years? And I was a moderator for more than half of those years, so a good percentage of my posts were "official business." If you do have a job, I'd like to know how you get anything done with a posting average of 27+ per day! Hmmm, I smell a rat.
You should put some deodorant on then. I work from home if you must know so I do as I please. I suspect your post counting is something they trained you on in the moderator training course so as you can insult folks when you get fired from moderating. Or resign so you can run around and tell people how your deadbeat parents somehow raised you without handouts. Either way I would suggest you clean your place to get rid of the rat smell.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
You haven't read the entire thread.
I read the first post, yours no less, and found it wasn't worth reading.

Quote:
Barack Obama is politicizing the tragedy, I am not, and you are deflecting.
He is the POTUS, you are not. He has a duty to respond and address the situation, you do not. He has a duty to the American people, you do not. He didn't politicize it, he was doing his job. It got politicized out of necessity by everyone else, not Obama. Oh and I'm not deflecting anything. I made an accusation, you refused to answer it.

Quote:
In fact you are using the ATDT - the AdiosToreador Deflection Technique.
Cute, you can't even come up with your own form of argument against me. Seriously, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so if you think you scored a point for ripping off me and in that using your HDT, you're sorely, sorely, SORELY mistaken. Try again, liberal.

Quote:
Enjoy your evening reading "independent"(liberal).
Funny how you squeeze in that liberal comment think that's going to stick. Guess what, boy? It doesn't.

I'm not liberal nor am I associated with them. I am a moderate and independent. You nor anyone else has the right to dictate how I must act in order to be an independent.

Try again, boy. You're acting really pathetic and desperate. Back to politicizing this tragedy you go!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
He is the POTUS, you are not. He has a duty to respond and address the situation, you do not. He has a duty to the American people, you do not.
Did you fail high school civics?

The American people have a duty to respond and address all situations impacting the republic.

We have a duty to each other, the U.S. Constitution, and to all those who died to uphold it.

I would think that you of all people, a veteran, would understand this concept.

I guess that not all veterans are equipped to defend our nation.

I am not a veteran - but unlike you, I am so equipped.

Knowledge is power.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Did you fail high school civics?
Nope. Passed with an A+...what does this have to do with the topic at hand? You always do this. Derail your own thread. Rather sad.

Quote:
The American people have a duty to respond and address all situations impacting the republic.
Of course. That's what trained professionals are for...unless they are somehow not part of the American people?

Quote:
We have a duty to each other, the U.S. Constitution, and to all those who died to uphold it.
Thought that's what the military was for? Guess those 4 years I spent defending your rights were for nothing, huh?

Quote:
I would think that you of all people, a veteran, would understand this concept.
I understand it far better than you; however, unlike you I don't beat my chest and blare out for all to hear. Also, don't presume that you understand anything about the military. You've never served, you're not equipped to comment.

Quote:
I guess that not all veterans are equipped to defend our nation.
Don't you dare attempt to lecture me on anything, boy. I know what it takes to defend this nation; however, I did so for four years of my life (that's longer than you, by the way). That being said, my duty to this nation and country has been fulfilled. I passed the torch to someone else, they can handle the duties and responsibilities. I've earned my reprieve. What have you done to sit on your high horse and throne in order to talk down to me, of all people?

Quote:
I am not a veteran - but unlike you, I am so equipped.
You are not a veteran, you never will be a veteran, and you are not equipped. You just fool yourself into thinking that you are. I don't have to keep telling myself that in order to convince my brain into thinking that I'm equipped. I know that I am...a hell of a lot more equipped than you.

Quote:
Knowledge is power.
Of which you have none.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:14 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
You're the one who started a thread about the sad events in Boston just to make yet another tired, old dig at liberals.

So clearly, you are the one politicizing the bombing. Which is not surprising, coming from you.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:38 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Yet in other threads you have said that you lean to the left when I reminded you that you do claim to be an independent.
And I've told you a zillion times that I'm a left-leaning independent - do you understand what that means? It means I am neither Democrat nor Republican, register as either third party or independent, and that my specific beliefs are all over the map. I am liberal on social issues, conservative on fiscal matters, and either center or left on everything else.

I'm not sure why it's necessary to "pick a side" or label oneself, and I've always abhorred the concept of being a sheep/boring/etc. But if you insist on labeling me, just call me a liberal... because if that's the opposite of whatever you're displaying here, I will proudly wear that name (even if it's not entirely true).

Quote:
Perhaps you aren't as independent as you claim to be.
I am whatever I claim to be - or are you claiming to know me better than I know myself?

And why would I feel the need to lie about political beliefs, anyway? I've always been pretty open about my beliefs, and you know as well as I that they're not Dem or Rep overall. Thus, independent.

Quote:
I used to be an independent.
I'm sorry you lost the ability and/or desire to think for yourself. That sucks!

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-17-2013 at 01:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies