Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,665,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm pretty conservative, (although leaning more libertarian these days....posts like this are part of the reason), but I have to ask, as I would any liberal:

Why did you title the thread as if it were fact when all you are doing is spouting off some half brained conspiracy?
Well in their merry chortling about "pressure cooker control" I was wondering if any of these guys cook with their guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Under pressure from Democrats for a safer United States, Pressure cookers have been dropped for sale by Walmart. Not yet but wait. We will need common sense licenses for pressure cookers.
I heard the Republicans are trying to get Target to ban the sale of microwaves. It hasn't happened yet but wait. The Republican fear is that the microwave gun will be removed from the stove, and with the use of a battery pack, used as a kind of ray gun that the NRA can't control. Republicans... geesh.

You know I can't make this stuff up.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
big crowds should be banned immediately, for your safty of course..

Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well in their merry chortling about "pressure cooker control" I was wondering if any of these guys cook with their guns.
I hunt and fish with my firearms, and I always eat what I shoot.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
big crowds should be banned immediately, for your safty of course..
You are absolutely right. "The right to peacefully assemble" clearly cannot be an individual right since it always requires more than one to assemble someplace. Therefore, as a collective right we should limit the number of people to groups of no more than three, because nobody needs to be associated with more than three people. Furthermore, each assembled group of three must submit to a background check, a psychiatric evaluation, and have loitering permits on their person.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
When I saw the thread title I knew it had to be a joke.

Cute!

Watch out, though. You can make an obvious joke about what Democrats do today... and next week you will find them actually doing it with all seriousness.
Next they will try to pass a law against making jokes about Democrats.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:24 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The only purpose of sticks and stones is to break bones. That makes sticks and stones an "assault weapon" by definition. All sticks and stones must be banned. Furthermore, the importation of sticks and stones should be banned. Anyone caught sticking a pebble in their pocket should be charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. In order to conform to the liberal mindset, we must enact laws that serve absolutely no useful purpose other than to deprive people of their inherent rights.
Guess we'll have to ban sticks and stones...

Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And liberals call that 'progressive'.

They want to progress toward bigger and more powerful government. That's "progressive".

Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I hunt and fish with my firearms, and I always eat what I shoot.
Do you use your rifle as a handy-dandy fishing pole, or do you just shoot the fish in the head?

Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Do you use your rifle as a handy-dandy fishing pole, or do you just shoot the fish in the head?
I use my .44 revolver actually, in addition to the fishing pole. Have you ever tried to haul a 200+ pound halibut into a fishing boat without shooting it first? It is not something I would recommend, unless you have a death wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies