Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Wicker is pro-life, pro-gun and anti-immigration, and against gay marriage so he does not have much in common stances with Obama.
Wicker voted in favor for the gun bill to open up for debate. Many of the far right wing gun nutcases viewed every person, especially those with an (R) next to their name that voted in favor, to traitors that are coming to take their guns.
Also considering the senator is from glowing red mississippi, who knows,...

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Both letters were sent from TN and were signed "I am KC and I approve this message"

Sounds loco to me. Like right wing loco.
Well, Senator Wicker is a republican, so I think it might be too soon to label the sender a right wing loco, unless, of course, Wicker is a moderate that an extreme RWNJ could have problems with (I know nothing about Wicker).

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Both letters were sent from TN and were signed "I am KC and I approve this message"

Sounds loco to me. Like right wing loco.
Since one letter was sent to Wicker (R), and the other to Obama (D), then you would think they were sent by someone who has something against both. Why would a right winger send ricin to Wicker? Why would a left winger send one to Obama? To me it sounds like a lone wolf person with mental issues, and no political agenda.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Since one letter was sent to Wicker (R), and the other to Obama (D), then you would think they were sent by someone who has something against both. Why would a right winger send ricin to Wicker? Why would a left winger send one to Obama? To me it sounds like a lone wolf person with mental issues, and no political agenda.
could be a moderate

Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, Senator Wicker is a republican, so I think it might be too soon to label the sender a right wing loco, unless, of course, Wicker is a moderate that an extreme RWNJ could have problems with (I know nothing about Wicker).
Wicker summary: pro-life, pro-gun, anti-immigration, against gay marriage

Obama: pro-choise, pro-gun control, pro-amnesty, pro gay marriage

Old 04-17-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Wicker voted in favor for the gun bill to open up for debate. Many of the far right wing gun nutcases viewed every person, especially those with an (R) next to their name that voted in favor, are somehow traitors that are coming to take their guns.
Also considering the senator is from glowing red mississippi, who knows,...
This.

Just look at some of the posts here on City Data, saying things such as anybody who votes for the bill, including Obama and Biden, should be lined up against a wall.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
could be a moderate
Maybe he is Canadian

Quote:
Wicker summary: pro-life, pro-gun, anti-immigration, against gay marriage

Obama: pro-choise, pro-gun control, pro-amnesty, pro gay marriage
Yeah, I had missed your earlier post about Wicker.

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
It's not about R versus D. Most of them are moderates either way. In any case, normal people understand the need for societal rules to live by, are willing to accept compromise and are not consumed by paranoia. They don't try to murder politicians. It is the extremist racists and gun crazy, anti-government, sovereign citizen types that need to be purged. Drones come to mind.

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
I'm sure they have a political agenda, just not your typical right wing/left wing meme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies