Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 09:20 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Adam and Eve lived for a very long time and had many children. There blood line did start with Adam and Eve but their many children had children and and it was a large population because they lived for 9 hundred years.
Wouldn't that still mean there was a lot of incest as their children would have to have brother/sister sex. Then there is of course Lot and his daughters.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Why would Noah have to save any of the animals? Why would god ask him to do so? Why not just make a whole new set? Or is god just a slacker who figured he'd worked for six days, did the best he could, and now can't be bothered.

I want to know where all that water came from and where it went afterward - or did god syphon it off to some other project of his?
Those are some pretty good questions.

Maybe god had some fields that needed irrigating and that's where the water went afterwards.

The other stuff - I haven't a clue.

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Or how people back then lived hundreds of years or how some man could build a boat and load up two of everything onto it.

Then again, if there were just two of everything on the ark, doesn't that take us right back to incest?

Seems to me that maybe god was a little obsessed with family members having sex with each other.
That actually reminds me of a silly quote from Roger on American Dad. In response to Stan being such an ultra-conservative religious fanatic, Roger says: "Ah, I love your religion - for the crazy! Virgin birth, water into wine; it's like Harry Potter, but it causes genocide and bad folk music. It's like the diaries of a madman!"
All jokes aside, It really is amazing to me some of the things religious people actually believe.

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Adam and Eve lived for a very long time and had many children. There blood line did start with Adam and Eve but their many children had children and and it was a large population because they lived for 9 hundred years.
Don't believe you. That's a lot of incest and a lot of, well let's be honest, retarded babies coming out with mental conditions due to that.

Nope. That's not logical. Try again.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I got here through conception after sexual intercourse.

Are you telling me there's some other way for a woman to get pregnant other than that and artificial insemination?
If you believe the bible there is always immaculate conception.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:23 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Why would Noah have to save any of the animals? Why would god ask him to do so? Why not just make a whole new set? Or is god just a slacker who figured he'd worked for six days, did the best he could, and now can't be bothered.

I want to know where all that water came from and where it went afterward - or did god syphon it off to some other project of his?

great question fuse. why didn't the big guy just make more animal pairs.

I wanna know why he continues to let children suffer with fatal sickness and for other children, deathly hunger. maybe he means to get to that too but it always comes up on a sunday and that's when he rests.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Really?

That husky notwithstanding, just how exactly would those pets recite their vows or sign the marriage license?

Can't go wrong with a parrot and some ink.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Do you not realize that what you're describing is still incest? Adam and Eve were the first two people. They then had children who were siblings. In order for those children to then have their own children, some incest had to go down. Either between the siblings themselves or the siblings with their parents. And that process had to keep happening as each generation had children. How long they lived has nothing to do with it. The point is they all came from the original two people, so they were all related.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Uh.....dude.

That means that Adam and Eve's kids were copulating with each other (and/or with their parents).

Don't you get that?

Just admit it - incest is ok with you but same sex relationships aren't.

Kind of a double standard, don't you think?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM

472 posts, read 570,737 times
It's amazing the extent that at least some religious folk will go to explain everything, even if it makes no logical sense, and then call on "god" as the explainer of the rest.

You can believe whatever you want, but keep it to yourself. The non-religious among us here aren't trying to shove anything down the throats of the religious.

The worst use of religion, imo, is as a reason for hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies