Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
See what happens when these disgusting straight people want their special rights? It is a morally bankrupt lifestyle.

Well, it's what happens when you let straight people marry. Slippery slope: Straight marriage = polygamist straights down the line.

Solution? Ban straight marriage.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:38 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Next it will be to legalize marriage with your pet dog or cat. Just wait and see.
LifeSiteNews Mobile | ‘Marriage equality’ means legalized polygamy too: Slate columnist
Since the beginning of this so called special marriage concept usually defended by Christians.

Seems to me the bible has no problem with men having 2 or more wives. Though most of the old testament has nothing but sin and problems and all the lessons are death murder and stealing and wrath. Regardless of the reasons I can find many reasons to have 2 wives yet the bible is written by men :-) . In the new testament church leaders were restricted to 1 wife. This didn't come from Jesus Christ teaching this is was church rules and or the internal discussions on this subject.

Bible is Lamech, whose two wives were Adah and Zillah (Gen 4:19).

Abraham's wives were Sarah, Hagar (Gen 16:3, 21:1-13), Keturah (Gen 25:1),
Jacob's four wives are Leah and Rachel (Gen 29:28) and Bilhah (Gen 30:4) and Zilpah (Gen 30:9)
Moses' two wives

In the modern day having 2 wives or whatever does not mean you need to be a Mormon.
Of all the natural things having 2 or more wives would be more human nature then to be with only 1 woman.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
"Marriage Equality" is like "Reproductive Rights" and "Undocument Immigrant". Made up phrases to make bad things sound nicer.
Well said.

Liberals think that they can make up words and phrases, just like they like to redefine words, and then they scream "hatred and bigot" if people don't use their purely contrived non-vocabulary.

It is really pathetic that they think that such shameless tactics hold an iota of sense or logic, or are anything but transparent to those of us with rational thought processes.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:22 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
If polygamy is legalized my life will in no way be impacted. Polygamy is not for me, neither is gay marriage so I choose not to partake in either one and I find that I am all right. If other people make those choices then that is entirely their decision and if you find their lifestyles discomfort you and you believe they are morally wrong then they shall suffer the consequences (if any) of their actions.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:05 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
I love the religious zealots in here forgetting about this passage:

Matthew 7
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Also, here's what I propose the requirements of marriage should be (again):

1. Human and 18 years or older. No exceptions.

2. Of sound mind and judgment. Also, human.

3. Able and willing to sign marriage contract (hint: non-religious documentation) of own free will and volition. Also, human.

Just for those who want to marry their pets or whatever sick fantasy you have in mind. Enjoy! <3

Old 12-24-2013, 10:06 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Well said.

Liberals think that they can make up words and phrases, just like they like to redefine words, and then they scream "hatred and bigot" if people don't use their purely contrived non-vocabulary.

It is really pathetic that they think that such shameless tactics hold an iota of sense or logic, or are anything but transparent to those of us with rational thought processes.
No one who uses their beliefs to judge others is rational or logical, you have proven that over and over.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
No one who uses their beliefs to judge others is rational or logical, you have proven that over and over.
Harrier is only using your choice of vocabulary.

If you think that it is valid, then defend it.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Next it will be to legalize marriage with your pet dog or cat. Just wait and see.
LifeSiteNews Mobile | ‘Marriage equality’ means legalized polygamy too: Slate columnist

Get all Government out of the marriage business and we would not see these issues.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Get all Government out of the marriage business and we would not see these issues.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sure, why not, but first all of you straight people need to line up and give up your marriage licenses that are federally granted and just accept your church weddings and that you get no rights, no protections with your marriages, then I too would give up my same sex marriage, just as long as we are all on the same level playing field. But till you all do that, we need to be treated equally, not separately. Are you married, BentBow? Church or court, or both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies