Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 09:27 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Sure, why not, but first all of you straight people need to line up and give up your marriage licenses that are federally granted and just accept your church weddings and that you get no rights, no protections with your marriages, then I too would give up my same sex marriage, just as long as we are all on the same level playing field. But till you all do that, we need to be treated equally, not separately. Are you married, BentBow? Church or court, or both?
When you make a good faith effort to support such a common sense proposal, then we will talk turkey.

You claim to be "equal" now concerning marriage, so you also share equal responsibility for changing the rules.

Quit pretending to be a victim.

You have what you want and are still whining.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:07 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Link? Proof?

Or just ignorant, intellectually dishonest blather?

My vote is on the later.

An Op needs to expand their resource library.... to something credible.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:58 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Next it will be to legalize marriage with your pet dog or cat. Just wait and see.
LifeSiteNews Mobile | ‘Marriage equality’ means legalized polygamy too: Slate columnist
Remember when anti-gay marriage folks argued that this was next, if they allowed same sex unions??

They always called this a "red-herring"........now look.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:59 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Can someone please explain how removing the gender restriction removes the number restriction, or the blood relation restriction, or the consent restriction, or the age restriction, or the species restriction?

Did removing the race restriction remove any of those?
Race is not a behavior or activity.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:17 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, but it was a start. Don't get me wrong, I do not think there should be or should have ever been laws against people marrying our of the race. Why was that even a law? I will never understand, of course I never understood any of the Jim Crow laws. I have mixed feelings about same sex marriage and of course things like marring your dog is totally stupid. But the polygamy issue isn't something to sweep under the rug. You can pretty well bet, if same sex marriage becomes a law, the polygamy issue will not be far behind.
Why is marrying your dog stupid? If someone is in love with their dog, who are we to say they can't fall in love and get married just like anyone else?

Old 12-26-2013, 10:23 AM

493 posts, read 782,776 times
Polygamy is alive and well in the same sex marriage paradise of canada, and neither the provincial nor the federal govt can do a damn thing to stop the fundamentalist mormons from subjugating young girls as objects of their possession.

did the sanctimonious liberal imbeciles who cried "congratulations canada!" when they adopted ssm know that the "freedom of association" clause of the canadian charter would also protect polyamourus marriage once ssm was made law? hell bleeping no, and even more sadly, they could not care less. gay marriage is about weakening the definition of marriage, if other members of society suffer as a result well so be it, "let them eat cake", or something....

i realise certain consider the constitution only a tool of their own convenience, but marriage never has been and never should be a "right". however freedom of religion certainly is. i would imagine that is one of the reasons the state of utah is fighting for the traditional definition of marriage. because they, unlike the liberal elite, are actually vested in the issue.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:29 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
Polygamy is alive and well in the same sex marriage paradise of canada, and neither the provincial nor the federal govt can do a damn thing to stop the fundamentalist mormons from subjugating young girls as objects of their possession.

did the sanctimonious liberal imbeciles who cried "congratulations canada!" when they adopted ssm know that the "freedom of association" clause of the canadian charter would also protect polyamourus marriage once ssm was made law? hell bleeping no, and even more sadly, they could not care less. gay marriage is about weakening the definition of marriage, if other members of society suffer as a result well so be it, "let them eat cake", or something....

i realise certain consider the constitution only a tool of their own convenience, but marriage never has been and never should be a "right". however freedom of religion certainly is. i would imagine that is one of the reasons the state of utah is fighting for the traditional definition of marriage. because they, unlike the liberal elite, are actually vested in the issue.
Polygamy in Canada is just as alive and well as polygamy is in the USA. It's illegal.
Canada turns a blind eye to the FLDS enclaves and so does the US.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Polygamy in Canada is just as alive and well as polygamy is in the USA. It's illegal.
Canada turns a blind eye to the FLDS enclaves and so does the US.

deny

the BC govt has been trying to put a stop to polygamy in bountiful bc ever since marriage was re-defined, and have been defeated at every turn. the freedom of association, or as the freedom of religion as it would apply to any american debate, applies equally to any religions idea of marriage as it does any other guay or straight couples.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:50 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
deny

the BC govt has been trying to put a stop to polygamy in bountiful bc ever since marriage was re-defined, and have been defeated at every turn. the freedom of association, or as the freedom of religion as it would apply to any american debate, applies equally to any religions idea of marriage as it does any other guay or straight couples.
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to get at. Are you saying that the US prosecutes polygamists?
Evidently, they're rewarded with their own shows on TLC.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to get at. Are you saying that the US prosecutes polygamists?
Evidently, they're rewarded with their own shows on TLC.
this reply perfectly illustrates the point in my original post about liberals not being vested or having any concern for others.

2+2 is a very simple equation, except to those who would rather pretend "4" isnt worth the bother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies