Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
I've often wondered what people who believe that homosexuality is a sin would say about my friend who is a devout church goer & bible reader and is gay as the day is long. Who began to believe all of the garbage about gay being a sin. Who knelt down and prayed & cried & begged God to take away the feelings that he had, and yet kept having stronger and stronger and stronger conviction that he was exactly who he was supposed to be.
Has accepted who he is and is now happier (and incidentally much healthier) than ever before. He and his fiancee (they live in Washington) go to Church every Sunday and praise the Lord for letting them find one another.

I know there are plenty of people here who don't believe in God, and don't have faith in the spiritual world. But for those of you who do, how do you respond to a very real testimony like that?
I'm glad they live in my state.

I am so proud of the voters of my state for doing what was right and fair last November.

I wish the best for your friend and his fiance.' It sounds like they have the spiritual support they need and want and hopefully they will be able to be married in their church.

I, personally, am a non-believer but totally support others' rights to worship - and I am very happy when I hear of the churches who have opened their doors to same sex weddings.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I was actually indoctrinated to think of homosexuality as abhorrent.

I pulled myself out of the cesspool of bigotry.

I'm disappointed that you choose to remain in the muck.
I hope you watch the video I posted. It's not bigotry when you do not want someone to sin.. I also don't support people who have sex addictions or have attractions for people who are married. We are to pray for them and direct them to get help if they cannot control those urges. We all have crosses to bear.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Laughing at the goofy left. Can't even click on a link.

Laughing at the goofy poster who never offers anything but insults and personal attacks.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'm glad they live in my state.

I am so proud of the voters of my state for doing what was right and fair last November.

I wish the best for your friend and his fiance.' It sounds like they have the spiritual support they need and want and hopefully they will be able to be married in their church.

I, personally, am a non-believer but totally support others' rights to worship - and I am very happy when I hear of the churches who have opened their doors to same sex weddings.
If you are a Christian and believe in what the bible says then you are not doing anyone a favor to look the other way when they are doing things that will make them lose their soul. They may be happy now and you may be happy to make them happy but we do not just live for this life. We know our life with the Lord will be much better and it is eternal or it will be without the Lord and that is eternal as well.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Frankly, I wouldn't care if polygamy was legalized. Seems like a miserable way to live, but if someone wants it, who cares? The key here is "consenting adults". As long as I'm not subsidizing them.

The "slippery slope" to marriage with animals is a ludicrous and ignorant argument.
I agree.

In fact, I would think that legalizing polygamy would cut down on the welfare abuse of some families where the only "legal" wife is the first one and any others (and resulting children) are on the welfare dole.

And I'm sick to death of the attempt by the ignorant few to try to make a connection between homosexuality and bestiality and pedophilia and incest.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you are a Christian and believe in what the bible says then you are not doing anyone a favor to look the other way when they are doing things that will make them lose their soul. They may be happy now and you may be happy to make them happy but we do not just live for this life. We know our life with the Lord will be much better and it is eternal or it will be without the Lord and that is eternal as well.
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to your peaceful, loving god? Your god seems like a 5 year old that throws tantrums. "Worship me or else". No thanks.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
of course janelle goes and uses a highly biased anti-gay website as her source.
It is what I believe, why would I post a link to a site I don't believe? That would be silly. The link IS NOT ANTI-GAY it is anti-gay marriage.

If biased you mean it follows the bible and God's word and you think that is biased then that is only your opinion. Many do not feel that way. I should say millions.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
As I have said many times before, when same-sex marriage is legalized/recognized by the Supreme Court it will be just the begining. I have been saying that all along. Not only for other types of marriages but for how far the same-sex marriage/same sex agenda (teaching/acceptance/etc) will be foistered on everyone. And please don't compare the same sex marriage struggle to the bi-racial marriage struggle.
And I have said many times before that that isn't going to happen.

And I have been saying all along that allowing two people of the same sex the right to marry and to create a home and to perhaps raise a family together is a good thing.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to your peaceful, loving god? Your god seems like a 5 year old that throws tantrums. "Worship me or else". No thanks.
Yes, you got it. The first commandment. I am the Lord thy God, do not have any other God before Me.

He created us and He is our Father. He knows what is best for us and tells us not to follow any false gods but so many do it anyway now a days.

Worship me or else is not a tantrum. It's telling us how we can live a good life or follow others who will lead you to a bad outcome. Sometimes our parents needed to lay the law down but I didn't say they were throwing a tamper tantrum.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:57 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It is what I believe, why would I post a link to a site I don't believe? That would be silly. The link IS NOT ANTI-GAY it is anti-gay marriage.
Yes it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies