Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but had to vote against it for procedural reasons,",. Please explain.

Scroll up a whopping three posts.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Reid supported the measure but voted against it to preserve his ability to bring the measure up again.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
And speaking of ignorance, you do realize that Harry Reid supported the legislation but had to vote against it for procedural reasons, right? You might want to indulge in a little reality yourself.
Man, you're quick to judge today.

Yes, I know why he did it, however, did you know that those other senators are also up for relection....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now who is pandering....maybe a little research before you blather would help you out!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 AM

600 posts, read 659,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
harry reid, Max Baucus, Heidi Heitkamp, Mark Pryor, and Mark Begich of Alaska (All dems) voted NO.

Yes, reality, deal with it...

so what!

its really interesting how republicans try to absolve themselves of responsibility by shouting out the names of a handful of dems that voted for a republican bill or attempted filibuster

the overwhelming majority of republicans defeated the chance of an actual vote of the fairly weak expanded background check bill this week; period, point, blank!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
The point, NRA-fed redneck compound-dwelling gun-nutters,
Why the name calling? You seem to have a bias that all NRA members are country living, outdoors types. I live in the suburbs with my wife. I've never owned a truck. I've been hunting numerous times but never killed anything. I'm just there fore the camaraderie with my friends. Do you stereotype others by race, ethnicity or religion?

Quote:
Tas machine guns are not required for either home defense or slaughtering Bambi, you are not entitled to one or other weapons like it.
But they are extremely fun to shoot. You missed the Knob Creek shoot last week:
Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot 2013 WITH HIGHJAK86 Night Shoot Cannon Minigun 50bmg Tannerite - YouTube

Quote:
Furthermore, if we all have to prove that we are properly trained in the use of an automobile, anyone owning a firearm should have to prove that they are properly trained in its use. That means licensing.
Beside these 4 safety rules, what do I need to know? 4 Laws of Gun Safety

Quote:
My father once said something about his war experience that has stayed with me: When you HAVE to use a gun and shoot at people, and you see what it does to them, you don't want one anymore, and you aren't so fast to put one in everyone's hands.
Even though I haven't shot anything, I have field dressed numerous deer. I've seen shredded lungs and shattered bone. I know that a .22-250 will zip through a skull with only a tiny entry and exit wound but completely scramble brains. On the other hand a 12 gauge slug will create a wound cavity bigger than my fist.

Quote:
Again, NRA, go play with your boomsticks if it makes you feel like you have testosterone or something, but don't start spewing about slippery slopes and screeching about some right to own whatever you damn well please just because you want it. I want a tank because I can't stand traffic on the highway. Doesn't mean I'm entitled to one.
Actually, you can buy a tank Military Vehicles on Milweb: the marketplace for jeeps, tanks, landrovers, artillery You can also buy other military vehicles directly from government auctions. Deuce and a half, armored transport or just a jeep are all available.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:01 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
so what!

its really interesting how republicans try to absolve themselves of responsibility by shouting out the names of a handful of dems that voted for a republican bill or attempted filibuster

the overwhelming majority of republicans defeated the chance of an actual vote of the fairly weak expanded background check bill this week; period, point, blank!

Priceless when one of their own former presidential candidates supported the measure, eh? Ooh, that maverick McCain! Never mind that one of the sponsors, Pat Toomey, is Republican. Would that we could paint Republicans with that brush, based on a handful. Alas, this photo is more red in the No column than blue.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM

600 posts, read 659,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac110 View Post
priceless when one of their own former presidential candidates supported the measure, eh? Ooh, that maverick mccain! Never mind that one of the sponsors, pat toomey, is republican. Would that we could paint republicans with that brush, based on a handful. Alas, this photo is more red in the no column than blue.

exactly...

Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Quote:
Scroll up a whopping three posts.
Thank you for your condescending advice.

Maybe YOU should read it.

I had already read the links, and BOTH links say, "Reid supported the measure but voted against it to preserve his ability to bring the measure up again.

My point in asking the question, the poster CLAIMED Reid HAD to vote... My contention is he CHOSE to vote..
Did someone hold a gun to his head and make him vote the way he did?

He didn't HAVE to do anything he didn't WANT to do. He did it for a reason he chose. Get it?
[/LEFT]

Old 04-19-2013, 12:37 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
So you've now posted utter nonsense, like you had to work really hard to fail to understand what was pointed out to you, since understanding it would have fractured your fragile perspective.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Neo-proggies are loving this thread.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies