Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,437,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
what if you don't love the woman, then what?

why should I support a woman that I don't like just because I had sex with her?
You have sex with a woman you don't even like? Dude you are so messed up.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:25 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,717,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Which means that we should make it easier for them to get guns?
easier? you are kidding me...ease is a non-issue they will always get them what ever laws you pass they will not follow them. why can you not understand this.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,824,748 times
sidewalks are for pedestrians surely, so I think it is fair to ban them in here.

slightly off-topic though of course.

but the funny thing is, is that many people look down on public transport - as if it's something to be ashamed off.

that is snobbery par excellence IMO!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Criminals tend to go through private dealers or straw purchasers. Logic would suggest that you tighten controls on both.
private dealers? you have to have a FFL order to be a "dealer"

what if they steal them? or bring them in up thru Mexico?

Logic also dictates that if the laws you have passed have not work, more laws of the same kind will not work, on the grounds that the laws in question only apply to law abiding person, and are unenforceable.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,824,748 times
What's messed up about that?

I didn't care especially for her personality but she was great looking - that's how sex should be. That is how we are programmed.

It's messed up to think that there must always be some kind of 'spiritual love bond' - that's just mumbo jumbo idealism.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,360,643 times
Quote:
sidewalks are for pedestrians surely, so I think it is fair to ban them in here.

but the funny thing is, is that many people look down on public transport - as if it's something to be ashamed off.

I find it funny, I use public transport all the time. As such I fill up my tank maybe once a month, and can drink as much as I want and never risk a DUI.

I find it very entertaining that many of the people who have disdain for public transit are also some of the first to lecture others on the virtues of thrift.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,200,684 times
Quote:

It's not off topic, since like the gentleman walking on the side walk, I have been grazed by cars on a low traffic road on a bicycle when I was occupying the curb side of the lane.

Since I do not have a car, I rely on my bicycle for speedy transportation to work. Both motorists and pedestrians apparently hate my mode of transportation.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 AM

7,434 posts, read 5,695,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson01 View Post
Everyone: "Lets make sure that only good, law abiding citizens get guns"
Sane people: "Okay, how about background checks, so mentally ill people cant get them"
Conservatives: "NO!!"
You people just are not that bright are you? The people that will kill will find guns not purchase them for christs sake. Do you for one minute think a gang banger is going to walk in a register a gun then go kill some. To be honest the raw stupidity of the moonbat league is wearing on this country. Your time is up.

I'm getting to the point that I think we probably should take care if moonbats because they just don't get it. Give them all the freebies they want on an island somewhere in the South Pacific.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
So we should go back to the 1920s when bank robbers could easily buy army surplus machine guns? Because dumping a lot of M1918 BARs onto the market with no controls at the end of WWI worked so well.
you are aware that most crooks in the 30s stole there guns from police station and nation guard armories.

and after the fact they would buy them any ways...

and please make the case on why its ok to buy and own a machine gun that was legal to buy/make before 1986 and how it is not possible to register/sale a post 1986 machine, same weapon, same design the only this that is different is the date of manufacture.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,200,684 times
Quote:
I find it funny, I use public transport all the time. As such I fill up my tank maybe once a month, and can drink as much as I want and never risk a DUI.

I find it very entertaining that many of the people who have disdain for public transit are also some of the first to lecture others on the virtues of thrift.
Public transport is associated with being a cost on the tax payer, despite having it's users pay a fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies