Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it is no longer the 1950's. a great deal of society today were not raised in "Mayberry" nor wear rose colored glasses.
There was nothing wrong with Mayberry. I don't belong to a particular era. I have seen over 60 years of social development. My attitude is one that has always adapted with the times. Because of my experience I can do comparisons between one decade and the other. Most of you out there are young and think that you are progressing and the past was inferior to the future- Moving forward in time does not ensure progress or evolution in human values or behaviors.

I will never agree with those who think they own children that are not their wards and who believe they have the right to train and indoctrinate kids to their way of thinking- Other people's kids are not you business...Have your own and raise them as you see fit.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:17 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
I am curious if gay rights supporters believe that children in elementary school should be taught that homosexuality is natural and normal. Would you allow your children to attend such schools that teach there is no difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality?

In the UK, many schools are adopting such a philosophy and the same is true in parts of the Bay area. I take issue with such teachings, because I don't believe children should be taught that same sex unions are natural and normal. The future doesn't look too bright for us.

Homosexual Indoctrination in UK Schools - it's happening now and teachers get paid a bonus for it! - YouTube

Simply put, promoting homosexual sex acts and trying to make it appear normal to children.. this is sick... next , men marrying boys and calling it love.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Simply put, promoting homosexual sex acts and trying to make it appear normal to children.. this is sick... next , men marrying boys and calling it love.
Yeah, because children can consent to enter into a legally binding contract.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,733 times
Quote:
Ah, your response simply makes me shake my head. How long have you participated in this forum? How often do you hear the same things over and over? And what does it take to not comprehend the simplest of principles? Two consenting adults...

I know you have heard or read this many, many times and yet, somehow, it just doesn't get embedded in your gray matter. Do you not know what "consenting" means? Does the definition of "adult" escape you? Or is it the combination of the two terms that gives you trouble?

It makes me sad - because you take yourself out of any meaningful discussion if you clearly fail to grasp such simple concepts. I am sorry, but I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously because of such a blatant inability to understand basic reasoning. I am certain others feel the same way. Why do you do this to yourself?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
I was taught to respect people, no matter who they are and not turn on some default condemnation switch simply because some of their preferences, skin color, body shape, handicap, or who they love don't necessarily synch with my own. Naturally, I was also taught that this tolerance needs to work within the framework of what is commonly considered to be lawful.

Thus, I'd rather have my kids taught to love and accept than to condemn (or sometimes even hate) and discriminate. That's just me, though.

Alas, I didn't grow up in the US. The idea to hate or dislike others simply for who they are is alive and well in this nation - at least for some people.

I can't help you - but you are holding on to the past. We no longer look at homosexuality as some kind of mental illness, we don't look at it as deviant in the eyes of the law, we don't let the interpretation of religious texts override our constitutional principles and striving for a more equal society.

You may have grown up with these ideas and they are, perhaps, ingrained in your thinking. Younger generations, by and large, no longer share these views and our society is evolving accordingly - as it always has.
So how far will your tolerance go? Men marrying young boys such as what North American Man Boy Love Association is also pushing for acceptance or tolerance.. now you can't be a bigot and have to tolerate everybody is your message..

Would you be tolerant, accepting a man to teach the kids in the neighborhood about homosexuality, that it is normal .. same thing but in a different atmosphere.. Why because it is in a classroom should it be accepted yet if a man taught young boys in the neighborhood that same sex was normal would it be any different?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yeah, because children can consent to enter into a legally binding contract.
If society accepts sex between two men then the boys who are taught that this is normal will certainly react quite differently if a man should seduce boys into homosexual acts thinking it is quite normal.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
So how far will your tolerance go? Men marrying young boys such as what North American Man Boy Love Association is also pushing for acceptance or tolerance.. now you can't be a bigot and have to tolerate everybody is your message..
WOW - and yet, AGAIN, you fail to understand the terms "consenting" and "adult." How can that be?

Quote:
Would you be tolerant, accepting a man to teach the kids in the neighborhood about homosexuality, that it is normal .. same thing but in a different atmosphere.. Why because it is in a classroom should it be accepted yet if a man taught young boys in the neighborhood that same sex was normal would it be any different?
Don't know what neck of the woods you live in, but here in civilization, homosexuality is considered normal. Some people are gay!

I grew up in a traditional family that had lots of gay friends. You know how that corrupted me? It taught me that they were normal. It taught me that they had the same worries and the same hopes as everyone else.

It also taught me that there was one thing that was very different about them: They had to hide who they were and had to constantly pretend to be someone else so that people like you wouldn't curse at them, bully them, or simply hate them.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
If society accepts sex between two men then the boys who are taught that this is normal will certainly react quite differently if a man should seduce boys into homosexual acts thinking it is quite normal.
Huh?
You believe that sex between a man and a woman is normal. Does that automatically mean that you believe that sex between an adult man and young girl is normal? How about between an adult woman and a young boy?

Why the false equivalency?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Yeah - like all those underage girls who currently throw themselves at older men, begging for sex. Hey, they've been taught that this is normal all their lives.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Man and woman were created for each other.
Absoultely, if their heterosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies