Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If society accepts sex between two men then the boys who are taught that this is normal will certainly react quite differently if a man should seduce boys into homosexual acts thinking it is quite normal.
Maybe we should get rid of heterosexuality too. Men go after young girls every day.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:38 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Huh?
You believe that sex between a man and a woman is normal. Does that automatically mean that you believe that sex between an adult man and young girl is normal? How about between an adult woman and a young boy?

Why the false equivalency?
Oh, you know why.... Emotional argumentation often leads to diminishing reasoning skills.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:43 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
I would prefer if schools didn't intervene. They should just stick to teaching math, science, English and history lessons, and not worry about sexual related issues or so called "tolerance" discussions. Leave that to the parents.
Yeah, sure, let homophobic parents teach intolerance against homosexuals.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:47 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There was no real abuse 40 years ago of homosexuals. They were a novelty and I can't remember even the roughest hick saying - I hate f***s.....We did not bother hating anyone ...We are now taught to hate and taught to be tolerant at the same time_ I wish the idiots would stop teaching any of this crap. Human beings will sort things out on their own.
I knew a few people who were effeminate in school and no one picked on them.

Also it is so promoted to be what you are today that boys will go to school with high heels and dress in drag to prove a point...not good... It is actually worse today because the gays are pushing their agendas down the throats of the public as if they have to prove something to the public.. that their sexual sin is normal.. no one really talked about homosexuality years ago.

Now it is brought up so much that it would be a problem to many in school as it is so well documented and talked about. It is doing the young minds an injustice to promote boldness of gayness. Boys wearing make up and dangling earrings and acting like girls will only bring less tolerance not more.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What school did you go to? The fact is that mommys and daddy's are everywhere and kids pick that up as being normal on there own. Why should elementary kids be exposed to homosexuals at school? Teach reading and math.
Why did former president Reagan campaign against the proposal to vote to ban gay teachers from California schools decades ago? Thanks to Reagan it was rejected at the polls. Yet, today, many people regard Reagan as one of America's best presidents. It's amazing some bigots are still opposed to gays teaching in schools.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:51 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
I will never fathom all the hatred and aggression towards Gay people. I mean there are plenty of people on this planet who are worthy of contempt and loathing but to have such visceral bigotry towards a group who really harms none is utterly baffling to me.

The concept of wanting your child to actually physically attack ( "Beat the crap" I think was the lovely and very Christian term)another because being different somehow makes it wrong is about as repellent and abherrent as it comes.

It's a wonder we haven't all quite managed to murder each other yet, considering how many of us are "different" one way or another....

The moral decrepitude and bankruptcy exhibited by some posters and their complete lack of tolerance, and empathy to those in society who do not necessarily fit the mould is rather telling.

I do often wonder how many of these posters are the same people crying for their "personal freedoms" and demanding the right to be who they are , worship as they wish, have the right to carry guns etc... But the Freedom to be Gay somehow seems a very low priority.

I am not Gay. And I could not more choose to be Gay than I chose to be Hetero. My sexuality does not harm anybody and neither does my Gay friends' sexuality. So quite frankly considering the actually serious issues facing our modern world who someone loves is not on my list of moral priorities.

I am more concerned about hatred than love and bellicose talk and attitude ( "beat the crap out of" moronisms) rather than sexual orientation.

Children are not porcelain Dolls. They have their own minds and a parent's job is to keep that mind open and receptive to knowledge, and understanding not close it tightly because it does not accord with our own views. How disrespectful to treat children like little puppets for us to manipulate.

I would be proud to have a child who was strong minded enough to disagree with me and stand up to me as long as the argument was an intelligent and logical one. Not one based on prejudiced and vague feelings of discomfort.... Or Hysteria.

If schools were teaching that being Gay is the only thing which is "right" then yes that would be indoctrination and grossly prejudiced. Teaching a child that some people are Gay and that these people are not evil but simply different is not exactly the horror fest some hysterical posters seem to think.

I now realise many of those nasty little kids I see who "beat the crap out of "others and become bullies are simply little apes mimicking Mommy and Daddy's own self righteous hysterical bigotry. Like all bullies creatures to be despised and ignored. Hateful behaviour copied from the so called "grown ups" who are in fact about as mature as a piece of string cheese.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:

Also it is so promoted to be what you are today that boys will go to school with high heels and dress in drag to prove a point...not good... It is actually worse today because the gays are pushing their agendas down the throats of the public as if they have to prove something to the public.. that their sexual sin is normal.. no one really talked about homosexuality years ago.

Now it is brought up so much that it would be a problem to many in school as it is so well documented and talked about. It is doing the young minds an injustice to promote boldness of gayness. Boys wearing make up and dangling earrings and acting like girls will only bring less tolerance not more.
So true. The Stonewall Riots apparently happened in 2004...

Just because you've been living under a rock doesn't mean that the rest of the world has, too.

Stonewall riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
So true. The Stonewall Riots apparently happened in 2004...

Just because you've been living under a rock doesn't mean that the rest of the world has, too.

Stonewall riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Rock ?! I think you are being generous here. I was thinking more like a swamp of primordial ooze....

Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I will never fathom all the hatred and aggression towards Gay people. I mean there are plenty of people on this planet who are worthy of contempt and loathing but to have such visceral bigotry towards a group who really harms none is utterly baffling to me.

The concept of wanting your child to actually physically attack ( "Beat the crap" I think was the lovely and very Christian term)another because being different somehow makes it wrong is about as repellent and abherrent as it comes.

It's a wonder we haven't all quite managed to murder each other yet, considering how many of us are "different" one way or another....

The moral decrepitude and bankruptcy exhibited by some posters and their complete lack of tolerance, and empathy to those in society who do not necessarily fit the mould is rather telling.

I do often wonder how many of these posters are the same people crying for their "personal freedoms" and demanding the right to be who they are , worship as they wish, have the right to carry guns etc... But the Freedom to be Gay somehow seems a very low priority.

I am not Gay. And I could not more choose to be Gay than I chose to be Hetero. My sexuality does not harm anybody and neither does my Gay friends' sexuality. So quite frankly considering the actually serious issues facing our modern world who someone loves is not on my list of moral priorities.

I am more concerned about hatred than love and bellicose talk and attitude ( "beat the crap out of" moronisms) rather than sexual orientation.

Children are not porcelain Dolls. They have their own minds and a parent's job is to keep that mind open and receptive to knowledge, and understanding not close it tightly because it does not accord with our own views. How disrespectful to treat children like little puppets for us to manipulate.

I would be proud to have a child who was strong minded enough to disagree with me and stand up to me as long as the argument was an intelligent and logical one. Not one based on prejudiced and vague feelings of discomfort.... Or Hysteria.

If schools were teaching that being Gay is the only thing which is "right" then yes that would be indoctrination and grossly prejudiced. Teaching a child that some people are Gay and that these people are not evil but simply different is not exactly the horror fest some hysterical posters seem to think.

I now realise many of those nasty little kids I see who "beat the crap out of "others and become bullies are simply little apes mimicking Mommy and Daddy's own self righteous hysterical bigotry. Like all bullies creatures to be despised and ignored. Hateful behaviour copied from the so called "grown ups" who are in fact about as mature as a piece of string cheese.
Yeah, well, see - you actually KNOW gay people. Clearly, you've been brainwashed, too. Just like me. It's so much easier to hate people when they are just an abstraction rather than a friend you care about.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:

here we have it again folks..."The gays pushing their agendas down your throat" complaint. Gays dont want to shove anything down your throat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies