Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
FWIW, internet access has greatly improved my productivity, and helps me earn more money. I actually have a shot at making real money because i have it.
Giving people cars will make them more productive as well..
Quote:
p.s. allowing home ownership to be scalable - as it is in the real world - would be a boon to growing and obtaining assets, but for some reason conservatives hate it.
Ooh, so now its hate to want people to be able to afford stuff and not live in poverty?

Old 04-18-2013, 01:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Um, you seem to be unclear on how it works. You 'get some skank pregnant', SHE lives off YOU, or if you are a deadbeat she lives off the government. You don't get to live off the government, and if you're not working, you get food stamps only for 3 months out of 36. Good luck with that.
Where the hell do you live that you think its only 3 months?

See this is the problem with liberalism, compelete and total ignorance..

"Well 3 months aint bad, so yes, I support it".. Completely ignoring the fact that 3 months IS A LIE..

Old 04-18-2013, 02:00 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Limited internet access should be free to all for surfing. Downloads/upload of files should cost money.
Then, how about you fork out your money to pay for all these people who get it for free? Yes, YOU and every other liberal out there who wants to take care of the "people." YOU take care of them and leave me out of it. I don't really care some people don't have access to the internet. You want internet, a computer, and a cell phone? Get a job and pay for it like the rest of us.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Then, how about you fork out your money to pay for all these people who get it for free? Yes, YOU and every other liberal out there who wants to take care of the "people." YOU take care of them and leave me out of it. I don't really care some people don't have access to the internet. You want internet, a computer, and a cell phone? Get a job and pay for it like the rest of us.
Sure. I'll put in for it.

Who can I cut the check to and how much does it cost for them to provide 10 households with internet for a year? I also have a few spare computers I could toss in, too.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Sure. I'll put in for it.

Who can I cut the check to and how much does it cost for them to provide 10 households with internet for a year? I also have a few spare computers I could toss in, too.
There was a link in the beginning of this thread. Send them an email, call them, or write them a letter. I gurantee they won't except one dime of your money or your computers. But if they do, tell them to leave my tax dollar alone and give it back too me.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
There was a link in the beginning of this thread. Send them an email, call them, or write them a letter. I gurantee they won't except one dime of your money or your computers. But if they do, tell them to leave my tax dollar alone and give it back too me.
Looks like Connect2Compete doesn't take any of your tax money, so you're good. Already sent them an email and messaged a few partners about getting together computers that match their requirements for a mass donation.

Quote:
Connect2Compete, launched as a program of the Federal Communications Commission in 2011, became an independent nonprofit organization in the summer of 2012.
And if you're looking to boycott companies that support their initiative, here's a few:
Microsoft
Comcast
Cox
FreedomPop
Arrow, Electronics

Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Liberals don't want the poor in their neighborhood and are happy to tax you in order to warehouse the poor in Somebody Else's Neighborhood --> affordable housing Somewhere Else.

Conservatives don't want the poor in their neighborhood, are unwilling to tax you in order to warehouse the poor in Somebody Else's Neighborhood, and otherwise don't care where the poor live --> no affordable housing unless there's a ghetto Somewhere Else.
The welfare lifers don't care as long as you give them free stuff.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Actually, first it was free landlines. But as that was instituted under Blessed St. Reagan, PBUH, it is beyond contestation.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:41 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
oMG PEOPLE ARE GETTING FREE INTERNET

THE HORROR
THE HORROR

THE COUNTRY IS GOING TO BURN IN HELL NOW

Old 04-18-2013, 04:06 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
In the Sandy after math the people's homes were being robbed. Homeowners had to put up a signs that said "We shoot trespassers" to try and protect what they had left. They had to have helicopters flying overhead to shine lights on the homes to discourage even more robbing.

This is an example of low life scum robbing people who just got wiped out, didn't even have heat in freezing temperatures.

Mr Ausie doesn't have a clue because he only see's useful idiots that help promote Obama's agenda.

I DO have a clue! There's scum everywhere, yes, but in a country that actually takes care of its people, you don't have these types of situations. No need use insults, I was just posting what I saw and experienced! Glad I was able to move to Australia. you can have your cut-throat "I've got mine" BS attitudes. No wonder America sucks so bad now!! Glad I was able to move out of there and to a country that kbows how to take care of its people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies