Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well, we're not going to reduce murder by taking away laws to prevent it. Guns are used in 68 % of homicides. One way to reduce murder is to reduce the availability of guns in the hands of dangerous individuals by universal background checks, the measure that was just voted down in the Senate.
So your saying criminals were going to go through the background check, thanks for clearing that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 12:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
A woman of courage indeed!

" "Over two years ago, when I was shot point-blank in the head, the U.S. Senate chose to do nothing. Four months ago, 20 first-graders lost their lives in a brutal attack on their school, and the U.S. Senate chose to do nothing. It's clear to me that if members of the U.S. Senate refuse to change the laws to reduce gun violence, then we need to change the members of the U.S. Senate." Gabrielle Giffords

Gabrielle Giffords Eviscerates Senators After Vote To Reject Gun Background Checks Amendment
A woman who has become a political pawn, prop, and lapdog for her own party agenda indeed!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
Well, we're not going to reduce murder by taking away laws to prevent it. Guns are used in 68 % of homicides. One way to reduce murder is to reduce the availability of guns in the hands of dangerous individuals by universal background checks, the measure that was just voted down in the Senate.
Universal background checks in California have done nothing to reduce gun crime. In 2011 California was number one in the nation in Gun Homicide rates.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Most of the mass murderers got their guns legally.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
A woman of courage indeed!

" "Over two years ago, when I was shot point-blank in the head, the U.S. Senate chose to do nothing. Four months ago, 20 first-graders lost their lives in a brutal attack on their school, and the U.S. Senate chose to do nothing. It's clear to me that if members of the U.S. Senate refuse to change the laws to reduce gun violence, then we need to change the members of the U.S. Senate." Gabrielle Giffords

Gabrielle Giffords Eviscerates Senators After Vote To Reject Gun Background Checks Amendment

I think that bullet to the head made you forget that an amendment to the constitution is in order, not a unconstitutional law, that stomps on the constitution once again.

Too bad, so sad.
Had he known he would die that very day..... Gabby, you would not have taken one for the team. The odds were in his favor, no one there was pack'n heat, too.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM

30,059 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Why should she have to give up her guns simply because she supports better gun control? You want to take someone's right to protect themselves who actually did face and survive a murder attempt with a gun? When was the last time you were shot in the head?
Never-

I am usually armed. I guess I don't want to be shot in the head, so I will vote to protect my gun rights.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:21 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,944,634 times
Poor Gabby. She's been reduced to bring Obama's anti-gun prop.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Poor Gabby. She's been reduced to bring Obama's anti-gun prop.
Um, she was shot in the head. A bullet went thru her head. A sick man purchased a gun and a large clip and shot her in the head at point-blank range. A bullet from a gun passed thru her brain and caused a massive injury from which she will never fully recover. Perhaps she has her own reasons for fighting.

What a stunning and aggressively ignorant thing to say.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,900 times
Well, how about Dick Cheney's lawyer?

What is his position on gun control?

He was shot in the face with a shotgun.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
Quote:
Why should she have to give up her guns simply because she supports better gun control? You want to take someone's right to protect themselves who actually did face and survive a murder attempt with a gun? When was the last time you were shot in the head?
What does surviving a gunshot wound have to do with her blatant, mind-numbing hypocrisy?

She's lame. She's not mentally healthy. She should be the first in line to turn in her guns since in fact she believes the mentally ill should not have guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies