Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Next thing - there will a civil rights issue for those wanting to have sex w/ kids.

Gawker's Soft Peddling Pedophilia

Throughout the piece passive language like this soft peddles child rape. Constantly were are told that sex between adults and children as a "choice." Even "Terry" claims that the sex he had with his seven-year-old niece was consensual and Gawker simply takes his word for it without protest.

Then the piece goes on to reveal the "expert" testimony of a psychologist that claims that pedophilia is a "sexual orientation" just like homosexuality or even heterosexuality.

There is enough here that should alarm the gay community, too. The thing that should scare them most is that this article fully equates child rapists and pedophiles as just like them. The last paragraph is shocking for it dismissive treatment of child rape and its equation of such with “normal” sexual behavior.
The old adage is that the true mark of a society is how it treats the weakest in its ranks. Blacks, women, Latinos, gays and lesbians, and others are still in no way on wholly equal footing in America. But they're also not nearly as lowly and cursed as men attracted to children. One imagines that if Jesus ever came to Earth, he'd embrace the poor, the blind, the lepers, and, yes, the pedophiles. As a self-professed "progressive," when I think of the world I'd like to live in, I like to imagine that one day I'd be OK with a man like Terry moving next door to me and my children. I like to think that I could welcome him in for dinner, break bread with him, and offer him the same blessings he's offered me time and again. And what hurts to admit, even knowing all I know now, is that I'm not positive I could do that.

This is truly deviant stuff. But - you open the door to allow gay as normal, this is what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Logical Fallacy: Slippery Slope

There is no slippery slope to legalizing consensual activities between adults to allowing adults to victimize non-consenting minors (who cannot, by definition, consent).

(I'll give you a hint, since you're apparently too stupid to understand it: the fact that someone is born a certain way does not mean that we allow them to victimize others. This is why we do not excuse crimes committed by psychopaths, who may be born that way. You really should think through the implications of what you think passes for 'logic'. It's probably the whole thinking thing you have a problem with, I suppose. Consensual sex between adults, gay or straight, is not victimization. Which is why comparing it to pedophilia is moronic.)

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled idiocy.

Last edited by Voyageur; 04-18-2013 at 06:10 PM..

Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post

There is no slippery slope to legalizing consensual activities between adults to allowing adults to victimizing non-consenting minors (who cannot, by definition, consent).

(I'll give you a hint, since you're apparently too stupid to understand it: the fact that someone is born a certain way does not mean that we allow them to victimize others. This is why we do not excuse crimes committed by psychopaths, who may be born that way. You really should think through the implications of what you think passes for 'logic'. It's probably the whole thinking thing you have a problem with, I suppose.)

Well said.

When did people become proud of championing stupid arguments?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:

There is no slippery slope to legalizing consensual activities between adults to allowing adults to victimizing non-consenting minors (who cannot, by definition, consent).

(I'll give you a hint, since you're apparently too stupid to understand it: the fact that someone is born a certain way does not mean that we allow them to victimize others. This is why we do not excuse crimes committed by psychopaths, who may be born that way. You really should think through the implications of what you think passes for 'logic'. It's probably the whole thinking thing you have a problem with, I suppose. Consensual sex between adults, gay or straight, is not victimization. Which is why comparing it to pedophilia is moronic.)

I am glad to see the first reply addressed in this manner. It means there really isn't anything else that needs said.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Well said.

When did people become proud of championing stupid arguments?
Did you watch the 2012 GOP camapign?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Next thing - there will a civil rights issue for those wanting to have sex w/ kids.

Throughout the piece passive language like this soft peddles child rape. Constantly were are told that sex between adults and children as a "choice." Even "Terry" claims that the sex he had with his seven-year-old niece was consensual and Gawker simply takes his word for it without protest.

Then the piece goes on to reveal the "expert" testimony of a psychologist that claims that pedophilia is a "sexual orientation" just like homosexuality or even heterosexuality.

There is enough here that should alarm the gay community, too. The thing that should scare them most is that this article fully equates child rapists and pedophiles as just like them. The last paragraph is shocking for it dismissive treatment of child rape and its equation of such with “normal” sexual behavior.
The old adage is that the true mark of a society is how it treats the weakest in its ranks. Blacks, women, Latinos, gays and lesbians, and others are still in no way on wholly equal footing in America. But they're also not nearly as lowly and cursed as men attracted to children. One imagines that if Jesus ever came to Earth, he'd embrace the poor, the blind, the lepers, and, yes, the pedophiles. As a self-professed "progressive," when I think of the world I'd like to live in, I like to imagine that one day I'd be OK with a man like Terry moving next door to me and my children. I like to think that I could welcome him in for dinner, break bread with him, and offer him the same blessings he's offered me time and again. And what hurts to admit, even knowing all I know now, is that I'm not positive I could do that.

This is truly deviant stuff. But - you open the door to allow gay as normal, this is what you get.
So gay equals forty year olds having sex with five year olds? Are you sure you don't want to think this through a tad better then repost maybe?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,547 times
Quote:

This.

Whether it is a sexual orientation or not isn't the issue. The issue is that one has a victim and the other doesn't. End of story.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:47 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
I wonder how having sex with a minor is equal to a slippery slope since the minor isn't consenting?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:53 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
Ah, the evolution of the brain. Obviously, it has by-passed some members of our species.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:57 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

So people aren't born straight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies