Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Did you see those schools ? The middle school I believe was completely destroyed. That's an area they will need help.

I wonder if Obama will give the Eulogy at the funeral of the dead fire fighters ?

Like he would be welcome in Texas. Boston would be more polite if it were a rabid right wing President visiting such a blue city. With Texas, I doubt he would be shown much respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 05:39 AM

311 posts, read 492,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
[/b]
Republicans are all for themselves. When it is someone else tough sh--.
Wow, hope you didn't bit your tongue with the rather dark statements you just posted. It's rather tragic that in this day in age many bent over "heck or high water" to protect their cultic political ideologies even when there are multiple casualties. I guess people are that sick & twisted.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 AM

977 posts, read 763,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Perry urges all Americans to keep West in their prayers | Explosion in West, TX | Star-T...

In related news, all three members of the Congressional delegation representing West, Texas (Senators Cornyn and Cruz and Congressman Flores) joined in vowing to 'assist' victims. 'Assist'? What, are they going to personally stop by and help repair blown out windows and ripped-off roofs? No. What they mean is that they're going to do all they can to steer federal aid to the city of West, Texas.

All three of them -- Cornyn and Cruz and Flores -- voted against the bill that delivered federal aid to victims of Hurricane Sandy.
I thought there was always money appropriated for disaster aid.
Would you be in favor of states declaring sovereignty in order not to contribute to DC and they keep their own money? If states have to send money to DC then they sure as hell should be able to get some of it back when needed. Pick one or the other.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
In my opinion when there is a disaster we should all be AMERICANS before we are Right, Left, Republican, Democrat, or anything else divisive. This Texas town was nearly nuked by this blast so we should be doing all we can to help the survivors restore their lives.

Suburban Boston had a running gunfight with some stone crazy killers last night following a slaughter at the Marathon. This place is nervous but not terrified. Fortunately we were not West, Texas.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM

155 posts, read 110,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why are liberals in this thread politicizing a tragedy?
Are you sure it is just Liberals?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why are liberals in this thread politicizing a tragedy?

Wow, that is truly ironic, considering conseratives have gone so far as to accuse the Whitehouse of manufacturing Sandy Hook and ordering Navy Seals to bomb the marathon.

Pot, kettle, black.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
Are you sure it is just Liberals?

In the fantasyland that is Harrierworld, yes.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 AM

287 posts, read 185,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In my opinion when there is a disaster we should all be AMERICANS before we are Right, Left, Republican, Democrat, or anything else divisive. This Texas town was nearly nuked by this blast so we should be doing all we can to help the survivors restore their lives.

Suburban Boston had a running gunfight with some stone crazy killers last night following a slaughter at the Marathon. This place is nervous but not terrified. Fortunately we were not West, Texas.
You can forget that in this "confrontational polititcal" environment - "I carry MY parties flag and we're out to win at all costs, damnit!"

Old 04-19-2013, 06:29 AM

287 posts, read 185,062 times
Rick "electric chair" Perry is probably pissed off there are less people to execute. Does he have those electric bleachers built yet?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Secessionist Governor Rick Perry Begs President Obama For Federal Aid

While Perry is a shameful fool who embarrassed Texas during the GOP presidential primary, the good folks of West need the country's aid to recover from their terrible calamity and Perry's partisan blather should not reflect on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies