Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 10:28 PM

37,059 posts, read 42,023,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
comes with certain expectations of acceptable behavior by employees
I would personally LOVE to see the private innards of everyone at that school who made the decision to fire her. You know damn well their sins are probably worse and not acceptable behavior either. This is exactly why we need to regulate this stuff, sinners don't regulate themselves and sin is a stupid reason to fire anyone.

Last edited by Ceece; 04-20-2013 at 10:49 PM..

Old 04-20-2013, 10:46 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,951,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I know this will shock the liberal C-D posters but the fact is that many religious schools, including Jewish and Islamic, do not allow homosexual teachers.
Hmmmmm.
I work at a Jewish school. We had an outstanding female Teacher there for Years with NO PROBLEMS.
her partner would even visit and take her lunch.
NO ONE BATTED an eye or brought shame upon her to the board or Rabbi.
They were welcomed and respected by most. The kids loved her, as did the parents.

I saw Texas on that map posted earlier.
Come on, How many gay coaches/ Drama teachers have you had or seen in schools? My history teacher, my drama teacher, my coaches.....GAY and everyone knew it!!!!! AND this was back in late 80's!!!!!!
ask your kids what's up?

Catholic or not, it was wrong. Such BULL**** when you stop and see/read/hear the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church and their morals, rules, covenants, and dirty secret sex crimes.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,951,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
It is a religious institution, and those involved must uphold certain values.
Oh the irony of this statement.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,580,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, the girl is disgusting for lying.. she is a practicing lesbian and is teaching chidlren in a Catholic school. her being a lesbian got her fired.Good! The truth is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How about being a satan worshipper and giving Bible lessons..as in this case.
^^^^ The Christian pharisee. And Jesus weeps.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 PM

29,437 posts, read 16,355,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Really ?

Catholic Church attendance is down and trending down. This is a global trend.
Not everyone has to stage public protests.
There are other ways to "get your message across" cometclear and hitting them in the pocketbook is one way.

I thought membership was down, not attendance. i know that may not seem like much, but there is a difference between the 2.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:49 PM

33,506 posts, read 18,023,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
^^^^ The Christian pharisee. And Jesus weeps.
Yes, he did weep but no more. now he wipes his feet off from all those who reject his Word of repentance. have fun in supporting deviant behavior and of course the Word of God does say you will reap what you sow... not my word , but God"s..

Support the destruction of childrens minds as they attend the hedonistc gay pride parades and be happy with your choice..

every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen and Amen... now to fellowship with my friends at church and in life Oh happy day...when Jesus walks, took my sins away ,, Oh happy day... God is so good..

Old 04-20-2013, 11:58 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,437,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Yeah, there are exceptions in the law for sex appropriateness (locker room attendant) and in the case of Hooters, Hooters argues their female waitstaff are the product they are selling (that would make an interesting court case if it ever came to one).
I think a man did sue them and lost.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:01 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,057,172 times
Given the Catholic aspect, one wonders if instead of being outed as gay she was caught molesting children if she would have been promoted rather than fired.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,266,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Do I think it's morally right? No. Would I do it? No. But she works for a religious school, which comes with certain expectations of acceptable behavior by employees from the employer. What she is doing is against their religion. Right or wrong, many of the parents send their kids to that particular school in order avoid people in situations like hers.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:12 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,142,533 times
I take it this school would also terminate any employee who revealed they had been working on the Sabbath, had cheated on their spouse or had expressed envy towards their neighbor's stuff? Yes, of course. Those are bigger ones than laying down with someone of the same sex, yes?

How any thinking person still aligns him/herself with this corrupt outfit is beyond me. They take hypocrisy to unprecedented levels. What a bunch of phony baloneys. The whole smelly outfit should be put out of business for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies