Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
What about the Unabomber? He was pretty old wasn't he?

But yeah, you're right, I mean most Wilford Brimley-types usually just write angry letters to the editor or give longwinded speeches complaining about something at town hall events...
..and login to CD with screen names that begin with "Old (something)"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
I agree, far fewer murders and maybe wars. Although with women now going into combat like men, you might see that change a bit. My wife knows how to use an M-16, L.A.W. and handgrenades (Army). Remember some years back when I answered a domestic call where a woman discharged a handgun. Her and her boyfriend got into a squabble where he grabbed her by the throat and shook her around. He sat back down thinking it was over. She went to his truck, got out his Ruger redhawk .44 magnum pistol, went upstairs and blasted one off about two feet from his head through the fridge. He jumped so hard he put a hole in the sheetrock wall. She "killed" a gallon of milk (the bullet kept penetrating through walls to the outdoors, we never found it. Does anyone remember the tv commercial about in the early 70s or so where the host said "what if all wars were fought like this". It showed two old men meeting out in a field with their coaches. They (were presidents/leaders of countries) were disrobed and went out with the gloves and shorts on boxing each other. What a novel idea.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
..and login to CD with screen names that begin with "Old (something)"
Spice!

[aftershave for real men]

Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
That RARELY happens, especially compared to the number of murders that men commit against women who leave them. Not even close.
Yeah but men usually strangle them wrap them up in rugs and then throw them in the bottom of the ocean.

According to LMN anyway

Old 04-19-2013, 04:30 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Seriously fellas, what's our problem? The vast majority of acts of terrorism or mass killings because of men. Even if you point to the very few instances of female suicide bombers overseas, their bosses are always men. Boston bombing, man. 9/11, men. Atlanta, man. Oklahoma city, man. CT shooting, man. VT shooting, man. Columbine, men.

What gives?
I suggest you go found your nation of womyn then. I'm sure it would be easy to take over, but no one would need bother. It would last about a month, then self destruct.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:37 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Women have developed coping skills. Men, when they don't get their way, will explode. How many female road rage incidents have we seen? Women have higher tolerance levels for stupidity too - the women who are married to men are seasoned pros in that regard. Men can carry a grudge for generations, sometimes even carry it on for their forefathers with a burning desire to one up their perceived transgressors.*

*not all men are like this. Some of them have evolved beyond caveman visceral responses.

Yep, I see those coping skills all the time on "Cops" when some female with a fresh shiner and a fat lip begs the police to not take her abusive BF to jail and then runs down to bail him out so he can beat-up her and her children all over again.

****in' BRILLIANT!

I wish I knew how to cope like that.

You be sure to let me know when males literally starve themselves to death because they think they might get fat.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, I see those coping skills all the time on "Cops" when some female with a fresh shiner and a fat lip begs the police to not take her abusive BF to jail and then runs down to bail him out so he can beat-up her and her children all over again.

****in' BRILLIANT!

I wish I knew how to cope like that.

You be sure to let me know when males literally starve themselves to death because they think they might get fat.
Only in your mind does the exception become the rule.

And here's me letting you know:

Boys dying to be thin: the new face of anorexia - The Daily Nightly

Old 04-19-2013, 05:29 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Seriously fellas, what's our problem? The vast majority of acts of terrorism or mass killings because of men. Even if you point to the very few instances of female suicide bombers overseas, their bosses are always men. Boston bombing, man. 9/11, men. Atlanta, man. Oklahoma city, man. CT shooting, man. VT shooting, man. Columbine, men.

What gives?
Are you seriously asking this? Testosterone and natural male aggressiveness.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,634 times
Because women drive us crazy.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM

645 posts, read 1,276,056 times
Quote:

What gives?
What gives is that women are actually more violent, controlling, and emotionally unstable than men. Perhaps if women didn't view everything as some power struggle with the opposite sex and serviced their men while instead of giving it out to every other man, or if every mother didn't build up their sons only to tear them down or keep them on their skirt, men wouldn't snap every so often.

men men man men whoa-man...

It's always been a woman's world, I don't understand why so many are quick to quip it's a man's world. It's just further proof at how aggressive women are. They've already dominated most men, and yet they still look to the richest man at the top or above their own station as though he's some pillar of manhood when in fact the top dog is just a puppet on a string controlled by his mother, lover, and or wife.

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 04-19-2013 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies