Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 05:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times

Advertisements

Once the Patriot Act comes into play, there are no Constitutional Rights. This boy will be lucky if he isn't in Gitmo in a few days. btw Due Process doesn't exist for him.

The Feds stated they did not need to mirandize him as is was for the public safety.... If you think he is escaping on this technicality you will be wrong. He will be lucky to have a trial in the public, my bet is he won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 05:16 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He IS an American citizen and has the same rights as ALL American citizens.

If he were NOT a citizen, I couldn't care less what they do with him.

The constitution giveth and the constitution taketh away.
Suspected terrorists DO NOT have to be merandized per the Attorney General on the news yesterday. The constitution does not apply to idiots who place bombs at Marathons or at any other place. The idiot they just caught stood directly behind the 8 year old child who got killed and STILL knowingly placed HIS bomb in that position. OH...yes and what about them going up to the car they hijacked and saying to the driver "We are the Boston Bombers"...uh...Mirandize...?? Not in this lifetime.
By the way, how does everyone feel now about better background checking for gun owners seeing that one of these idiots walked up to the SUV the M.I.T. police officer was sitting in and shot him at point blank range.
I watched the news coverage ALL DAY into the night until they caught this second maniac. He was hiding in a boat that was covered in a back yard. The home that had the boat in the back yard was located DIRECTLY across the street from my son's Aunt's home. She had to be evacuated to a parking garage so the bomb squad good detonate the crap (bombs) this jerk left behind.
Hmmm...more marandizing needed?? NO, no and NO. He is a Terrorist murderer.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:16 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Once the Patriot Act comes into play, there are no Constitutional Rights. This boy will be lucky if he isn't in Gitmo in a few days. btw Due Process doesn't exist for him.
He is an American citizen....his rights certainly matter.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Suspected terrorists DO NOT have to be merandized per the Attorney General on the news yesterday. The constitution does not apply to idiots who place bombs at Marathons or at any other place. The idiot they just caught stood directly behind the 8 year old child who got killed and STILL knowingly placed HIS bomb in that position. OH...yes and what about them going up to the car they hijacked and saying to the driver "We are the Boston Bombers"...uh...Mirandize...?? Not in this lifetime.
By the way, how does everyone feel now about better background checking for gun owners seeing that one of these idiots walked up to the SUV the M.I.T. police officer was sitting in and shot him at point blank range.
I watched the news coverage ALL DAY into the night until they caught this second maniac. He was hiding in a boat that was covered in a back yard. The home that had the boat in the back yard was located DIRECTLY across the street from my son's Aunt's home. She had to be evacuated to a parking garage so the bomb squad good detonate the crap (bombs) this jerk left behind.
Hmmm...more marandizing needed?? NO, no and NO. He is a Terrorist murderer.
Keep emotion out of it.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 AM

His entire case could be thrown out because of procedure.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times
He does not deserve any rights.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
He does not deserve any rights.
That is a fair and totally reasonable reaction....but since he is an American citizen, he does deserve the same rights as you and I.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Patriot Act = violate constitutional rights. Miranda was absolutely needed. Search warrants were needed for all the dwellings they broke into. The military can't be used for criminal pursuit per Posse Comitatus. What do you call a lock down if not marshall law? Will these procedures become accepted by the people?
I think the citizens of Boston accepted them. Would you have complained?

Old 04-20-2013, 05:25 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,261,146 times
Thanks, Alphamale. I'm glad to see that you understand why these rights exist, or should exist. They are for the protection of ALL. I wonder if some of the other posters could ever imagine being wrongly accused...They'd sure want their rights then! Innocent unless proven guilty -- THAT is the law of the land, and it's best that way.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:32 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Do you think that Dorner was going to allow himself to be captured alive?
We will never know since the police was not going to take him alive anyway judging by the way that they shot up the ladies SUV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies