Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 12:01 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,455 times

Advertisements

Uncle Ruslan is on cnn.com saying he talked to neighbohrs in the past, and a new islam convert, of armenian descent, has been trying to get the kids of the neighborhood more radicalized. That might be why the fbi is trying to get the young kid to spill the beans on this person, and have not mirandized him yet. This person might be the link to an international connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 12:03 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
If they can work with him to confess to every detail of his crime, outside Miranda, that will immunize the evidence, and they can then let him walk.

That's what the military did for the helicopter killers in Iraq in order to let them walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdAZ8AzZnLU
That only works if his confession is used as evidence against him in court. If the confession is never used, then all the other evidence can be lawfully submitted as evidence against him.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He is an American citizen. Do you really want to trample on everyone's right because he "might" know something? Why not send him to gitmo. Oh wait I hear that's closing. Funny how the left fall all over each other defending muslim terrorists and now want to deny a US citizen their rights. I wonder what you will think if they decide you "might" know something in the future?
All the people who are subjected to search without probable cause are also American citizens.

Miranda rights merely state that any statements made before the warning is given, are not admissible in court.

Last edited by jojajn; 04-20-2013 at 12:28 PM..

Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
If he admits, outside miranda, placing the bomb per the video, it does immunize.

It is an ex post facto, government-manufactured vaccination.
No it doesn't. His statements cannot be used, but everything else can, assuming no miranda exceptions apply. I also don't think you are using the term ex post facto correctly.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
If he admits, outside miranda, placing the bomb per the video, it does immunize.

It is an ex post facto, government-manufactured vaccination.
No, it doesn't.

If he admits to it outside Miranda, the only thing that cannot be used is his admission.

The video and any other evidence not obtained through his interrogation can be used.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read a comment by a medic on another forum who said that it was a King airway they were inserting into him and that is never a good sign.

Anyone here in the medical field care to comment ?
I know nothing about medical devices myself.

If he were in that bad of shape then I can see why they didn't do it.
They may have sedated the dude and used the king airway (i.e. combitube) to protect his airway from blood or aspiration. The report was that he was in serious condition, not critical.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, you are flat out wrong. The miranda warning is not about whether they can or can not use information obtained .... the miranda warning is about the protection of one's constitutional rights ... specifically the 5th Amendment, which prohibits the government from forcing a person to provide information that might incriminate them in a crime.
I stopped here because you just contradicted yourself..

So let me see if I get this straight, its not about if they can use the information obtain, its about if they can force people to provide information that they can use.
Quote:
1) Not all arrests necessarily result in prosecution, but that is ALWAYS the intention when arresting people. Law Enforcement does not arrest people for whom they do not intend to prosecute, else they could be liable for false imprisonment, which itself is a serious crime.
One could argue you are wrong again, but what the hell does that have to do with the topic? (especially considering the laws says you can be detained for 48 hours, and not charged with a dam thing).

Not everyone arrested is read their miranda warnings..
Quote:
2) Arrests which do lead to prosecution need to observe the miranda warning because, a) any information provided in absence of the miranda warning will be information illegally obtained, and cannot be used in the subsequent prosecution, and b) if such information obtained illegally was used to obtain additional evidence (such as the location of additional explosive devices) that information or evidence would thusly not be admissible either ... and c) it would be next to impossible for the prosecution to prove that the discovery of any evidence obtained after the arrest was not aided by the illegally obtained information, which is why entire cases have been dismissed because no miranda warning was issued.
They fn do not. The court case you listed actually says you are wrong..

They didnt provide a miranda warning, the Supreme Court said THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, could not be used, the man was retried, and re-convicted.

HE was NOT read his miranda warnings..
Quote:
Technically, you are correct in that law enforcement need not EVER issue a miranda warning, because the constitution doesn't require it ... it only declares that citizens cannot be compelled to provide testimony against themselves. So they can obtain any information they care to without issuing a miranda warning ... but they will be seriously jeopardizing any hope of successful prosecution if they do
So if I'm correct, why the hell are you telling me I'm wrong?

Quote:
which is contrary to the entire purpose of the arrest and questioning.
No its not.. Often times you question someone you arrested to obtain information to arrest and convict OTHER people. For example, who helped you rob the bank?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No, it doesn't.

If he admits to it outside Miranda, the only thing that cannot be used is his admission.

The video and any other evidence not obtained through his interrogation can be used.
Why not so with the U.S. military murders?

Was it because the video was kept classified until Bradley Manning came along?

If you are right, then the helicopter killers would need to be retried with the video evidence released by Wikileaks.

Concealing evidence is a virulent form of spoliation of evidence.

The spoliators should also be tried for fraud on the court - marshall, that is!

The military tribunal's decision against Bradley Manning is void ab initio.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Those are all FACTS..

They are not required to read you your rights upon an arrest.. And the Supreme Court ruling Miranda Vs The State of Arizona actually validates that to be true.

That case was because they used the informatino PROVIDED to convict him.. He was still retried and convicted based upon OTHER evidence, without his miranda warnings ever being read to him.

You are flat out WRONG..
This is accurate. People, please review the Miranda v. Arizona case.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Where do you guys get this sh.t?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies