Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Since conservatives often like to claim liberals are generally stupid and/or uneducated, one would think the universities are spilling over with right-leaning professors. Correct? So either they're wrong about that assumption, or they're complaining about their own "kind" and how they teach. Which is it? Make up your minds, conservatives!!

In reality, there are probably more professors who lean left - but that certainly doesn't mean ALL professors do. And again, I have absolutely no idea how my professors leaned (with the exception of maybe one or two).
If anyone has claimed that ALL faculty lean left, they're wrong. Anyone who claims that the liberal arts, social 'sciences' faculty aren't predominantly left, democratic party leaning are also wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 08:55 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
My college professors were bleeding heart, blinded by the light libs. My econ teacher had to have been the worst. She kept teaching us a bunch of Marxist crapola. Not only did she drink the coolaid, I think she dove into the bowl head first. She was foolish enough to spend a small fortune buying up property in Detroit. Ha, have fun with that!

Hard to tolerate these types, which is why I decided to forgo the rest of the college experience. You can keep your coolaid libs. And all this talk about everyone needing a college degree these days... Nothing more than the loony leftists trying to indoctrinate more unsuspecting victims.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
First... it depends on the course. As an engineer, I can confidently say that none of my hard sciences course had an ideological bias.

As to the social sciences or humanities, I would agree that they tend to have a liberal bias. But I attribute that to the fact that reality leans to the left.
I agree. Nearly every humanities course leaned to the left. Having taken several philosophy courses (ethics, biomedical ethics, etc.), in which you were forced to defend your viewpoint in a logical manner, it was extremely difficult to argue the conservative side of most issues. I hold a degree that is heavily loaded with science courses, and not a single professor ever showed any preference to liberal, conservative, etc.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Did you go to college, and if so, did this happen to you often? I attended a total of three colleges, and not once was I "forced to keep my mouth shut" or inundated with ANY politically-leaning biases. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be able to tell you the leanings of my professors if you paid me.

Please enlighten us on your educational background, and cite examples of where you witnessed what you claim - and if you cannot do that, just admit this is your active imagination at work.
Pretty much the same experience here. Never had a single professor give any indication of their political leanings.

I'm sure many far right conservatives would be outraged at the things they did say, though, given my professors' propensity for stating objective facts.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:32 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
While the higher education system if inundated with liberals many highly educated people get through college without buying in to their failed liberal ideas. The intolerant left loves to force their liberalism on to college students who have little choice but to put up with it to graduate
Liberals also control science, only 6% of scientists are republicans.

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll
Only 6% of scientists identify themselves as Republicans | FreakOutNation

94% of scientists are liberals. Science/liberals invented your computer, cell phone, radio, DVD player, air conditioner, ex.ex.ex.

And liberals/science just found the gene in our DNA that makes people liberals. One day liberals will find the gene that makes people conservatives.

Conservatives should show a little respect (before liberals remove conservative genes from human DNA.)
I don't mind conservative females, but any more than 20% of men being conservatives is dangerous.

How long do you think it will be before science/liberals, are able to remove conservative genes from human DNA ???

Conservatives will lose in the end. But hopefully conservatives will lose in 2016 (our national debt can't handle any more supply side tax cuts.)

Last edited by chad3; 04-20-2013 at 10:27 PM..

Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Liberals also control science, only 6% of scientists are republicans.
94% of scientists are liberals.
Probably because they were brought in on an H1B visa, and immigrants overwhelmingly vote democrat. With the dreadfully low pay in many of the science jobs today, the only people who want them are foreigners.

Quote:
Science/liberals made your computer, cell phone, radio, DVD player, air conditioner, ex.ex.ex.
No, the Chinese do the work, while the Japanese come out with the cutting edge technology inside many of these gadgets. The liberal run education system is a complete failure. We aren't exactly pumping out great minds these days, which is why various east Asian countries have been kicking our butts in areas like science and technology with students excelling in areas like math and science. Why do actual science, research and development jobs keep leaving the country? Because American students simply can't compete any longer. And seriously... Why would companies want to hire a B- student/graduate for top dollar when they could hire an A+ one for a fraction of the price, and a fraction of the entitlement mentality?

Quote:
Liberals/science just found the gene in our DNA that makes people liberals. One day liberals will find the gene that makes people conservatives.

Conservatives should show a little respect (before liberals remove conservative genes from human DNA.)
I don't mind conservative females, but any more than 20% of men being conservatives is dangerous.

How long do you think it will be before science/liberals are able to remove conservative genes from human DNA ???

Conservatives will lose in the end. But hopefully conservatives will lose in 2016 (our national debt can't handle any more supply side tax cuts.)
It's clear that someone has urinated in your gene pool, and perhaps dropped some "air mail" as well. Only that would explain such a meaningless strand of dribble which you have presented.

Your boy B bop "the flop" Obama doesn't seem to be doing much to improve the national debt situation. Quite the opposite. 1 in 6 Americans are collecting food stamps. National family income has dropped 5K on his watch. But you're going to blame a dead president from the 80's? I'll see your Reagan and raise you a Carter. And an Obama.

Romney proposed eliminating many of the loopholes that allow people like Obama to pay a lower effective tax rate than working class Americans like me. You libs thought you have it better with the communist in chief. Don't whine to us about the debt situation. After all, we can always borrow more money to pay off the interest, which seems to be the game plan with the Marxist.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:04 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
My college professors were bleeding heart, blinded by the light libs. My econ teacher had to have been the worst. She kept teaching us a bunch of Marxist crapola. Not only did she drink the coolaid, I think she dove into the bowl head first. She was foolish enough to spend a small fortune buying up property in Detroit. Ha, have fun with that!
(full disclosure: I'm middle of the road libertarian...if I were to put a label on myself)

Can you honestly say you were open to her ideas before dismissing them or did you outright wave them away? Reason I bring this up is due my recent experience working for a public opinion firm, taking political surveys for the DNC. It seems to me most people have their minds made up based on any number of reasons and hardly any of them are rooted in any deep understanding of the issues. I'm not saying this applies to you but rather, I'm using this to demonstrate a much broader issue. For every person who hand waves away the liberal teachings, there are one who conforms to it.....both with out giving critical thought and applying any sort of advanced study. Once this occurs, it's ingrained and one quickly becomes antagonistic to the other side. Interestingly enough, the politicians play upon this. To a very large degree. So it becomes more about who's side you are on and using the issues to reinforce that, instead of using the issues to decide which side you are on.

Quote:
Hard to tolerate these types, which is why I decided to forgo the rest of the college experience. You can keep your coolaid libs. And all this talk about everyone needing a college degree these days... Nothing more than the loony leftists trying to indoctrinate more unsuspecting victims.
So you think the answer is to just give up and let it go? It was always interesting to me how the conservative side viewed the surveys we registered. Most (of those who gave a reason) who ended the call prematurely but while taking the survey chose to end it instead of finishing in the surveys because of the liberal bias. Ultimately, their opinion would not count with out a complete survey.

I just find it odd that people who complain about a liberal bias (to which I largely agree with) stop participating and then wonder why there is a liberal bias. It is because the objections are never heard.

For the record, I think both sides follow largely logically inconsistent ideologies.

Last edited by billydaman; 04-20-2013 at 10:21 PM..

Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,063 times
Quote:
Did you go to college, and if so, did this happen to you often? I attended a total of three colleges, and not once was I "forced to keep my mouth shut" or inundated with ANY politically-leaning biases. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be able to tell you the leanings of my professors if you paid me.

Please enlighten us on your educational background, and cite examples of where you witnessed what you claim - and if you cannot do that, just admit this is your active imagination at work.
I totally agree. I've gone to four different colleges now plus a massage school. I've never felt the need to keep my mouth shut or suppress my political leanings for a grade. Even at the very new age massage school (I mean new age in the worst way, people!), I didn't feel the need to suppress my scientific/rational leanings to pass.

I can say the same about my middle/high school experience in a very conservative town with very conservative teachers...when I was very left-leaning myself.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
(full disclosure: I'm middle of the road libertarian...if I were to put a label on myself)

Can you honestly say you were open to her ideas before dismissing them or did you outright wave them away?
I took my money and ran. I hope she enjoys her property in Detroit as she anxiously awaits for her democratic utopia to finally turn the corner. That wasn't my primary reason for leaving however. I received a full time job offer to fill the time, instead of paying money to listen to libs praising dear leader and other assorted Marxists.

Quote:
So it becomes more about who's side you are on and using the issues to reinforce that, instead of using the issues to decide which side you and reinforcing it with which side you are on.
I am a conservative without a party affiliation. Both repukican'ts and democraps are one in the same these days. They all want a massive federal government that intrudes into our lives at every turn. The only real difference is where they want that massive government to intrude. What is particularly vile about this current crop of republican'ts... They are willing to throw their base under the bus for votes, or for various corporate special interests.

Quote:
So you think the answer is to just give up and let it go? It was always interesting to me how the conservative side viewed the surveys we registered. Most (of those who gave a reason) who ended the call prematurely but while taking the survey chose to end it instead of finishing in the surveys because of the liberal bias. Ultimately, their opinion would not count with out a complete survey.

I just find it odd that people who complain about a liberal bias (to which I largely agree with) stop participating and then wonder why their is liberal bias. It is because the objections are never heard.

For the record, I think both sides follow largely logically inconsistent ideologies.
What choice do I have? I have no party to turn to. The repukes gave up representing conservative values. This last election was particularly painful to watch. We got two choices that were basically the same. Of course, Romney was a particularly weak candidate who now represents exactly what this country does not need. Another loser. And how obnoxious it was that the idiot Rove thought this one was in the bag.

The republican party has lost it's way, and I don't think it's ever going to find it's way back. Doesn't matter how many legendary western movie actors the conjure up do make awkward dialogue... It's kinda like watching kids play pin the tail on the donkey with these geezers. Except, they are on the other side of the room sticking the pin into an electrical socket.

But what do I care about liberal bias? Makes for good entertainment value.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:37 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Probably because they were brought in on an H1B visa, and immigrants overwhelmingly vote democrat. With the dreadfully low pay in many of the science jobs today, the only people who want them are foreigners.

No, the Chinese do the work, while the Japanese come out with the cutting edge technology inside many of these gadgets. The liberal run education system is a complete failure. We aren't exactly pumping out great minds these days, which is why various east Asian countries have been kicking our butts in areas like science and technology with students excelling in areas like math and science. Why do actual science, research and development jobs keep leaving the country? Because American students simply can't compete any longer. And seriously... Why would companies want to hire a B- student/graduate for top dollar when they could hire an A+ one for a fraction of the price, and a fraction of the entitlement mentality?

It's clear that someone has urinated in your gene pool, and perhaps dropped some "air mail" as well. Only that would explain such a meaningless strand of dribble which you have presented.

Your boy B bop "the flop" Obama doesn't seem to be doing much to improve the national debt situation. Quite the opposite. 1 in 6 Americans are collecting food stamps. National family income has dropped 5K on his watch. But you're going to blame a dead president from the 80's? I'll see your Reagan and raise you a Carter. And an Obama.

Romney proposed eliminating many of the loopholes that allow people like Obama to pay a lower effective tax rate than working class Americans like me. You libs thought you have it better with the communist in chief. Don't whine to us about the debt situation. After all, we can always borrow more money to pay off the interest, which seems to be the game plan with the Marxist.
I changed my post to "science/liberals (invented) your computer, cell phone, ex.ex."
Thanks for bringing the error to my attention.

And the following history of US national debt, clearly shows Obama is slowing down our national debt growth.
(see "Growth Rate YoY" section.)

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Clinton had it at (negative) -2%.
GW Bush brought it up to 15.9%
Obama brought it down to 8.6%

All the republicans raise our deficits and national debt.
And all the democrats reduce our deficits and national debt.
(see above source.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies