Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 01:31 AM

147 posts, read 113,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
I always find it amusing that so many of you immediately assume that anybody who supports gay people and don't view them as "the other" must also be gay themselves. Secondly, you seem to assume that my post was directed at you. I didn't quote you (or anybody else for that matter), and I was speaking in general about the many folks who seem to think that all gay people ever think about is sex and their lives are ruled by it.
Whether you care to acknowledge this truth or not, gays have built an identity around their sexual orientation. I am not suggesting that most gay people only think about sex, but let's be honest, sexual identity is always at the forefront of the discussion, with most gays.

The BSA is a case in point. The organization never stated that gay boys could not be scouts, but they did ask that sexual orientation not be discussed, kind of like a "don't ask, don't tell policy." Many Homosexuals however, took issue with this. You can agree or disagree with their position, but the point is, they made their sexual identity the defining characteristic. It became the central issue when they told BSA that they did not want to abide by policies akin to don't ask, don't tell.

Quote:
Lastly, I don't see how homosexuals have built a culture based on their sexual identity any more than heterosexuals have. And it doesn't matter if you have to explicitly state that you're straight or not. That's part of the privilege of being part of a majority group.
If you are a minority and you don't like the norms of the majority, create your own clubs, and organizations so that you can co-exist with like minded people. I'll never understand why people want to belong to organizations or groups that don't want them. Rejection hurts, but it's a fact of life. It's far better to develop your own than to beg others to let you in.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 AM

709 posts, read 598,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I think you're sprinkling your perverted ways on others to make yourself feel normal. 16? That is disgusting.
Nah, just an honest Scout who had a great straiter then straight Troop leader.

You would rollover in your grave Mr. K if you heard about this s***!

Old 04-21-2013, 01:36 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
You won't admit that if you see a 16 year old girl who is busty and curvy at the mall with a tight top and short shorts that you don't at least glance her way.

We all know you do.....

Unless you are dead.
It's scum like you that need to be kept miles away from scouting and malls. You prove the point that perversion has nothing to do with gender orientation.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Pedophiles by far are NOT gay but hetorsexual men. The attraction is the child is a child. Many don't care what sex it is just that the victum is plyable.
Your spelling is off-kelter but what you say is right on. Pedophilia is the problem, and that has nothing to do with gender orientation.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It's scum like you that need to be kept miles away from scouting and malls. You prove the point that perversion has nothing to do with gender orientation.
Yeah but we have a PROBLEM!

This "scum" was a REAL Scout.....Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts....

It's people like you who don't know a GD thing about it spouting off to seal the fate of an organization.

It's ok...y'all would love Mr. K's favorite blade.....

Stick it where it hurts and rub ointment on the wound.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
No offense, but there is plenty of empirical evidence pointing to the idea that God is a fairy tale.
Please point me to such evidence, I'd love to see it.

Quote:

Not so much pointing to the idea that homosexuals have a higher rate of molesting boys or would be unfit to be involved in boy scouts. If you can provide any, I would gladly read it.
Again, if you are a male and you claim to be attracted to the same sex, you are going to find some teenage boys attractive, just as heterosexual men find some teenage girls attractive. BSA doesn't allow male leaders to take girl scouts into the woods overnight (to lesson the risk of improprieties), but you want them to lift the ban on homosexual men and allow them to take boys into the woods overnight. It just doesn't work that way, because protections need to be in place, to protect any all improper behaviors from occurring.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 AM

596 posts, read 730,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
Whether you care to acknowledge this truth or not, gays have built an identity around their sexual orientation. I am not suggesting that most gay people only think about sex, but let's be honest, sexual identity is always at the forefront of the discussion, with most gays.

The BSA is a case in point. The organization never stated that gay boys could not be scouts, but they did ask that sexual orientation not be discussed, kind of like a "don't ask, don't tell policy." Many Homosexuals however, took issue with this. You can agree or disagree with their position, but the point is, they made their sexual identity the defining characteristic. It became the central issue when they told BSA that they did not want to abide by policies akin to don't ask, don't tell.

If you are a minority and you don't like the norms of the majority, create your own clubs, and organizations so that you can co-exist with like minded people. I'll never understand why people want to belong to organizations or groups that don't want them. Rejection hurts, but it's a fact of life. It's far better to develop your own than to beg others to let you in.
You are free to believe whatever you like, as am I. As I stated before, my post was not directed at you, but it clearly did strike a nerve for whatever reason and you seem incapable of letting it go. Your going on and on about gay people building their lives around their sexual identity (as if straight people don't do the same in their own way) really doesn't mean a thing in reference to my post. Being cognizant of one's sexual identity does not mean that person's life is ruled by sex. You can choose to ignore that if you want to, that's your business, but your ignoring it certainly doesn't make you right. Again, my point was that I don't believe that sex rules the lives of gay people any more than it rules the lives of straight people. You are free to believe otherwise. See how that works?

Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Damn! For someone professing to be so against homosexuality, you sure seem to have researched it in depth. In excruciating detail. Studied it under a microscope and scoured the interwebz. You regale us with stories of man chains and bath houses and glory holes. You seem rather obsessed with the subject matter. Most peculiar. Is there something you would like to share with the class? Methinks thou doth protest a tad too much.
I know about bath houses and glory holes as well, and I'm not gay. I don't think there is anything wrong with people researching a particular topic. If anything, people should be aware of a given issue, before they comment on it.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
Please point me to such evidence, I'd love to see it.

Again, if you are a male and you claim to be attracted to the same sex, you are going to find some teenage boys attractive, just as heterosexual men find some teenage girls attractive. BSA doesn't allow male leaders to take girl scouts into the woods overnight (to lesson the risk of improprieties), but you want them to lift the ban on homosexual men and allow them to take boys into the woods overnight. It just doesn't work that way, because protections need to be in place, to protect any all improper behaviors from occurring.
Hetro men wouldn't do it, much less want to anyways.

At least I don't know any who would. Much less cry about it when they say NO!

Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The schools in my town do not have cameras in every room. Sure, we have two LCD TVs, iPads, Smartboards, and all other forms of technology in classrooms. We don't have cameras. The teachers do not have assistants in the classrooms for the most part.

Now, I can tell you for certain that most schools, infact, do not have cameras in their classrooms. If you've read my posts in other subforums, you will know that I do research on the impact of technology in education and academia for my University (Princeton). You're perception of the use of cameras is false. Cameras are typically only used in low-performing urban schools and some low-income suburbs. Maryland is the only state where a significant amount of schools utilize cameras in their classrooms.
The cameras are not used as "technology" they are used for surveillance by the school's security team. This is common in both suburban an urban schools for security measures, throughout the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies