Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Don't you have any intelligent to know that there is one man and one woman in marriage.
Time for Betty Bowers on Biblical marriage again:

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube

Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh my, did you get a god will smite you threat?
Not exactly. I decided to play a game with Taratova and said that his "god" had 24 hours to smite since he believes I'm something called the "anti-christ" or whatever. That was last night at 9:46 PM PST.

24 hours and some change later, I'm still standing, hence his "god" doesn't exist.

The end.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Don't you have any intelligent to know that there is one man and one woman in marriage.
And once Same Sex Marriage is a thing in the United States, it will still be one man and one woman; however, now US law will state that one man one woman, one and one man, and one woman and one woman will be allowed to marry.

Such is the secular law of the United States. Such that it trumps your little "book".

Old 04-22-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The Boy Scouts already have a big gay problem, but it's not the scouts- it's the camp counselors.

A multi million lawsuit against the local council here was settled in 2 scout's (brothers) favor a few years ago after the eldest brother was molested several times by a councilor. When he saw the counselor's same behavior beginning with his younger brother, he complained to the camp master, who did nothing. The family then brought a lawsuit against the council. During the trial, a couple of other adult pedophiles were discovered, and the number of molested scouts rose to about 15 who testified. There may have been more. In the end, the brothers received about $2 million when the case was settled in their favor.

The offending counselor had been fired several years earlier for molestation, but was re-hired. His mother was a member of the local council's board of directors. The counselor ended up doing about 5 years in prison and moved out of state after he was paroled.

The local council's president was fired and replaced by another who came from the national council. The new guy has apparently cleaned the council up, and now requires thorough background checks for any councilor applicate.

This case is not unusual. The national council had kept records of their adult offenders, and eventually, those records were forced to be released as part of another trial that happened elsewhere.

I don't know what the organization has done to correct this, but I believe that allowing gay scouts is one way their lawyers have decided is a way to limit further damage.
And what does this have to do with gay men?

Sexual molestation and rape of male children is far more of a heterosexual male thing- according to all the research and stats.

There is a small percentage who are true pedophiles who have no adult sexual orientation, so they are neither gay nor straight, and a small percentage of gay males. The vast majority of child molesters (of both boys and girls) are heterosexual men.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Chaos and confusion...
Where?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow!

Are you really going to tell parents of gay children that you are more "blessed" than they are?

That they are "unfortunate" and that your kids are "healthy normal children" and theirs aren't?

Someone, please, pinch me. Tell me that this poster doesn't really think this way.
Sadly, Yeah, she does. She also thinks it's okay for her son to beat the crap out of gay boys at school.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
This thread is just...wow, there are no words strong enough to describe the level of crazy in here. The ignorant, hateful words in this thread have literally given me a headache. I can't believe people actually believe this nonsense. Constantly screaming about god and the bible and bashing gay people only serves to make you look deranged, unbalanced, uneducated, and perpetually angry. Some of you seem to be nearly foaming at the mouth rabid with your religious talk and bible thumping. You claim that gay people are sick and evil, yet you are the ones promoting hate. You are completely blinded by your own hatred and can't even see beyond it. The only evil I see here is coming from fundamentalists who use their religion as an excuse to hate and demean anybody and everybody who is different from them.
Needs repeating.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
I agree. It should be apparent to those who can think, but so many morons continue to support their so called fight for equality. They are destroying the very fabric of this nation.
Destroying? Where?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
if there is no God there is no good.. so how can you be good?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steve Weinberg.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
I read this entire thread and many people aren't being honest at all. People keep statinghomosexual men like men and not boys, but is this really true?

By the same token, can we really say that heterosexual men only like women and not girls? Ok let me clarify. A heterosexual man likes attractive girls and women. He is not going to distinguish between whether she is 14, 15 and 16. Recall that program with Stone Phillips, "Catch a Predator." Those men weren't trying to sleep with young 5 or 6 year olds, but they were sexually interested in young teenage girls, because they found them sexually appealing.

Now, my point is, there will be a number of homosexual males as well, that will find attractive 14, 15 and 16 year old teenage boys sexually appealing. I find it strange that many people seem to overlook this. The very nature of a homosexual is attraction to the same sex, so how can you deny this?

Are you really telling me that homosexual males do not find "hot" teenage boys attractive, because I have news for you, many do and such attractions may very well lead to them making sexual advances. Will they always act out on their attractions, probably not, but some will definitely take advantage, just as some heterosexual males take advantage of young girls.

BSA knows this, that's why they don't want to officially open the doors to homosexual males.
There are some common misunderstandings about sexual molestation. So lets see what all the research shows. Here's just a small sample:

The Abel and Harlow Child Molestation prevention study (2001) (over 4000 child molesters)

Adult sexual orientation of men who molest boys.

"While it is a commonly held belief that men who prefer men as adult sex partners molest boys and men who prefer women as adult sex partners molest girls, our study results suggest something different.
The 1,038 men who molested boys reported a range of adult sexual preferences. Contrary to popular belief, only 8 percent reported that they were exclusively homosexual in their adult preferences.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Adult Sexual Orientation and Attraction to Underage Persons

"In over 12 years of clinical experience working with child molesters, we have yet to see any example of a regression from an adult homosexual orientation. The child offender who is also attracted to and engaged in adult sexual relationships is heterosexual. It appears, therefore, that the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater sexual risk to underage children than does the adult homosexual male."

“The belief that homosexuals are particularly attracted to children is completely unsupported by our data.”

(Groth and Birnbaum, “Adult Sexual Orientation and Attraction to Underage Persons.” Archives of Sexual Behavior)

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Paedophiles, child abuse and the internet. Adrian Powell.

"An adult’s heterosexuality or homosexuality is not an indication as to the abuser’s sexual preference of children. As an example, an adult male abuser may prefer to sexually abuse male children aged between six and eight years while maintaining a heterosexual relationship with an adult female."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies