Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 09:38 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The boy scouts don't sell cookies.
Exactly... They sell overly priced Popcorn... My son was in Scouts a few years ago. No Longer though..

Old 07-14-2015, 09:41 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Christian parents aren't going to let their kids be involved with this. They'll just simply start their own thing.

And the boy scouts will be a mere shadow of what it was if it can still operate financially.

It used to be God and country, buy we've foolishly embraced humanism and evolution theology as fact. Therefore Sodomy becomes a race as opposed to an abomination.

So let the scouts die the death if that's the destiny they choose.

So be it. Let them eat the fruit of that decision alone.
We will be fine, but thanks for your concern.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've spent 20+ years in scouts, we've never ONCE had adults sharing tents with children...
I have, iff it was the parent out the scout. Just as there wasn't supposed to be one leader.

As I said earlier, just leave it to the charter organizations to decide. Many units where I grew up were used as a child group for a church. Only one Cub Scout pack and one Boy Scout troop by me had a PTA sponsorship and one had a "friends of troop ____" charter it. Perhaps make it easier to charter them by friends and do lone scout programs. I went through the program and my parents were unit commissioners, so I know what I am talking about.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:56 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Yep. A boy may share a tent with a parent but not with an unrelated adult.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:03 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Christians have already their version of the Boy Scouts... It is called Royal Rangers.
There is a reason why reactionaries want to shape Boy Scouts policy to support their own religious intentions. Due to its federal charter, and dominate position in the marketplace of youth organizations, the Boy Scouts have influence on the level of compassion and consideration for others that the next generation will manifest, and have influence on the level of bigotry and hatred for others that the next generation will manifest. With the Boy Scouts moving away from religious reactionarism by adopting more policies that less antisocial, less Dominionistic, and less intolerant, people who prefer antisocial policies, Dominionistic policies and intolerant policies are justifiably motivated to try to stop the progress and roll it back if possible.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:33 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Christian parents aren't going to let their kids be involved with this. They'll just simply start their own thing.

And the boy scouts will be a mere shadow of what it was if it can still operate financially.

It used to be God and country, buy we've foolishly embraced humanism and evolution theology as fact. Therefore Sodomy becomes a race as opposed to an abomination.

So let the scouts die the death if that's the destiny they choose.

So be it. Let them eat the fruit of that decision alone.
Evolution theory IS fact and homosexuals do not constitute a race.
I shouldn't have commented on this post since I realize now that it's ancient, but the poster must have been drunk or off his meds at the time.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:30 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Christians have already their version of the Boy Scouts... It is called Royal Rangers.

This is their site.
National Royal Rangers
Royal Rangers! Are you serious? That really sounds gay!

Old 07-14-2015, 11:32 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I shouldn't have commented on this post since I realize now that it's ancient, but the poster must have been drunk or off his meds at the time.
Religion is not a race either

Old 07-14-2015, 12:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Who said homosexuality is a race? That is like saying it isn't racist to be against gay marriage. It is irrelevant and just a baseless excuse to condone your hatred towards gays.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:25 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I wonder if those making accusations have ever been involved in scouts?

My son is a scout. They do not shower with the leaders (generally the boys don't shower at all), they do not sleep in the same tent as the leaders, the leaders are not allowed to be alone with any boy that is not their child (two deep leadership).
LOL... I have two... boy is that accurate!

we don't agree on much but the above is just simple truth. Haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies