Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:34 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Ive had to teach my children as much about academics as they have learned from the meat headed corrupt union protected teachers have. I hope to get them to the point where they have learned to learn and they dont need their teachers to excel academically.
Some teachers seem to just go through the motions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times
Kudos, home schooling is a tough job, especially 10 kids, I wish them well!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
More proof the South in not as smart as the North.

The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

A mother who home-schools her ten children in Montgomery, Alabama, has opened up about how six of them began their college degrees by the age of 12.

Those of the Harding siblings who have already graduated from college have gone on to become a doctor, an architect, a spacecraft designer and a master's student. Another two - 12 and 14-years-old - are still finishing up their degrees.

But despite the Hardings' incredible achievements at such young ages, their parents - Mona Lisa and Kip - insist they are a family of 'average folks' who simply find and cultivate their children's passions early on.

Read more: The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12 | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Lots of families send all their kids to college. Is this an unusual achievement for a home schooling family? I'm wondering why this is news.

I'm betting I could find a family of 10 who sent their kids to public school where all went to college. What would I prove by doing so?

Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:

The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

A mother who home-schools her ten children in Montgomery, Alabama, has opened up about how six of them began their college degrees by the age of 12.

Those of the Harding siblings who have already graduated from college have gone on to become a doctor, an architect, a spacecraft designer and a master's student. Another two - 12 and 14-years-old - are still finishing up their degrees.

But despite the Hardings' incredible achievements at such young ages, their parents - Mona Lisa and Kip - insist they are a family of 'average folks' who simply find and cultivate their children's passions early on.

Read more: The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12 | Mail Online
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Yep, that's a good thing, good for them. What's the problem here?

Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Liberals who praise the virtues of public indoctrination centers just can't come to grips with the fact that these home schooled children weren't exposed to their radical ideology and are doing more with their lives then these same liberals could ever dream of achieving.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yep, that's a good thing, good for them. What's the problem here?
It is a story because liberals hate home schooling because it means that students aren't indoctrinated in liberalism.

Liberals always claim that home schooled children can't succeed.

These kids proved the lefties wrong.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:09 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Lots of families send all their kids to college. Is this an unusual achievement for a home schooling family? I'm wondering why this is news.

I'm betting I could find a family of 10 who sent their kids to public school where all went to college. What would I prove by doing so?

Maybe you should have read the article and not just the headline, the kids were in college at the age of 12.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

OK, wait...what???

So, sending kids to college at the age of 12 proves the South is not as smart as the North? Do you live in bizarro land?

Old 04-22-2013, 06:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is a story because liberals hate home schooling because it means that students aren't indoctrinated in liberalism.

easily said but unprovable. anyone that hates education is an idiot. anyone that wants kids not to succeed is an idiot.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

We dont hate home schooling. You really need to stop over exaggerating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies