Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 06:26 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

I saw a very laughable article on the Huffington Post that read " Why MSNBC is ruling the bombing investigation." What a dream world they live in.
They have the least resources of any of the major news outlets and can barely cover breaking news. Their agenda driven news programming is based almost completely on partisan politics and they have the dregs of the journalism world as moderators.
I split between CNN and Fox. CNN has some good news coverage and Fox has the superior commentary and the more high profile guests to offer analysis.
MSNBC uses high school kids of staffers as researchers and their news crew was hired from a temp agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 07:23 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I just listened to the scanner and watched reddit transcribe it. Way better than any of the news channels.
Yep, mainstream media is behind the curve these days.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, thanks it's been corrected. Anyway this is Chris Matthews reporting even before anyone knew anything, already trying to blame it on the right.

“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?”
You already posted that, whats the point of repeating it ? To counter your point, Did fox not claim they were middle Eastern Muslims?

Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
I don't see what Mathews said was wrong, domestic terrorists DO tend to be on the far right. That doesn't mean that EVERY domestic terrorist plot is from the far right and it hasn't been established that this was a domestic terrorist plot.

Here is the actual clip:

Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't see what Mathews said was wrong, domestic terrorists DO tend to be on the far right. That doesn't mean that EVERY domestic terrorist plot is from the far right and it hasn't been established that this was a domestic terrorist plot.

Here is the actual clip:
Slurp.............

Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
Chris Matthews said
“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You already posted that, whats the point of repeating it ? To counter your point, Did fox not claim they were middle Eastern Muslims?

Look at the post below. Chris Matthews is radicalizing Americans. Good old home grown radicalization, the Chris Matthews MSNBC way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech

Last edited by petch751; 04-21-2013 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-21-2013, 10:34 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I think you meant Chris Matthews, and last time i checked "far right" includes religious reasoning.

Tea Party = Muslim terrorists ?

Old 04-21-2013, 10:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
They were the only ones that got it right. CNN and MSNBC are disasters:
Ratings: Fox News Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News'
That's because O'Reilly and others at Fox did fair and honest reporting. They didn't cover up the facts and they didn't automatically assume it had to be a white Chrisitan American like MSNBC and CNN so clearly tried to make people believe.

All MSNBC and CNN could do and are still trying to do is make it seem that these were the two most nicest, most Americanized in every way kids. They downplayed the Russian trip and the Russian government warning, they refused to report on the links to Jihadist websites.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:45 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
If trust is measured in ratings then the NCAA Basketball Tournament is a televised version of the Bible.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:46 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Everyone should find and watch that video "Jihad in America" -- this is exactly what that video was about. The Muslim mullahs are in this country and stirring up all kinds of anti-American hatred and we allow them to keep pouring into this country.

The Muslim terrorists have many more rights in this country than do the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies