Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:53 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Idk, i'm sure things are back to normal in Boston today.

How many times has a terrorist manhunt taken place in Israel? isnt the attacks in Israel mostly from rockets?
No they have had hundreds of manhunts for bombing suspects, and they never shut a city down for them.

List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 02:57 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Having a lockdown made perfect sense.

Release the pictures of the bombers and tell everyone to stay home so there is no chance anyone sees them. lols.

Once they lifted the lockdown the suspect was found by a civilian within minutes in an area that was flooded by law enforcement. lols.

Why take millions of eyeballs off the streets for no reason? Lockdowns are clearly a joke.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:00 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
those Israelis you say are wondering the streets are also armed.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:55 PM..

Old 04-21-2013, 03:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
The authorities probably feared liability issues and being 2nd guessed. I do agree though it seemed like over kill but it all ended well so maybe there is more than one way to skin a cat or terrorist.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:04 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
No they have had hundreds of manhunts for bombing suspects, and they never shut a city down for them.

List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So if a suicide attack happens who would you go on a manhunt for?

Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the 'lockdown' was largely done on a voluntary basis. No one was threatened with arrest for going out on the streets. This was a pretty unique situation where they had the guy boxed in to a particular area, and calling a lockdown greatly limited his options for getting out. It's pretty tough to argue with the results.

We just have to make sure that there is not a slippery slope where authorities think they can invoke 'lockdown' because the mayor is passing through, the police chief's daughter is getting married, a big drug raid is planned, etc.
No it was not voluntary.

Boston residents ordered to stay in their homes

Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Israel is quite different than Boston, they have walls and a defense system surrounding their state and they can easily lock down their borders, the assailants aren't going anywhere.

By the way, many of those attacks are suicide bombers no need to look) in addition to attacks at the border

Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
those Israelis you say are wondering the streets are also armed.

Well i know where i'm going this summer.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:55 PM..

Old 04-21-2013, 03:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I thnik that terrosism that is common and often by remote means its quite different than what happened in Boston. People do not wuite driving because the rate is higher to die in a acciden there but its just a accepted fact, Israle lives with threats all the timel;so lockdown to make finding such people has this is less common ;of course.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:12 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Having a lockdown made perfect sense.

Release the pictures of the bombers and tell everyone to stay home so there is no chance anyone sees them. lols.

Once they lifted the lockdown the suspect was found by a civilian within minutes in an area that was flooded by law enforcement. lols.

Why take millions of eyeballs off the streets for no reason? Lockdowns are clearly a joke.
This was already addressed in another thread. What are the chances that he would have made it to the boat if he was most likely trying to dodge being seen? The guy already was aware that his pictured ws plastered all over the place. He wasn't going to take a stroll in the park ...bleeding no less. He we ws going to hide somewhere...right?

All I can say about all of these idiotic posts that attempt to negate what a great job law enforcement and the city of Boston did are pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies