Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Let me just say a common theme for black and white single moms is what?

The black man...so now,we see that its the BLACK man's fault.

Watch this...I bet if black men moved on to Asian women,guess what? The same thing. We would see an increase in Asian signle moms.

Oh wait,that happened in Vietnam already.
There were more white Americans who left children in Vietnam than black................

Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There were more white Americans who left children in Vietnam than black................
This seems to me to be true but I don't know for sure. The folks working at the Vietnamese nail shops I've frequented look quite caucasian, with a bit of Vietnamese thrown in. I didn't see any dark-skinned folks working there. I don't know why, but that's what I saw.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
This seems to me to be true but I don't know for sure. The folks working at the Vietnamese nail shops I've frequented look quite caucasian, with a bit of Vietnamese thrown in. I didn't see any dark-skinned folks working there. I don't know why, but that's what I saw.
It's because the vast majority of Vietnamese Amerasians are children of white men.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Even after marriage, having a slew of kids, or having kids too early is a disaster. I won't go into the reasons why, but I've seen enough to know.
How so? My wife and I had a kid right after we got married. It hasn't been a disaster for us. I mean We could have always waited until we were 40 i guess. No complications there.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
How so? My wife and I had a kid right after we got married. It hasn't been a disaster for us. I mean We could have always waited until we were 40 i guess. No complications there.
You're both right. Kids too soon, not good. Kids too late and chromosomes worn out, not good. What's so hard to understand about that?

H

Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 AM

445 posts, read 864,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
This is my thought on this.

Some women just do not care about all that you mentioned. Some women are just simply open to the prospect of one day having a baby, no matter the circumstance that comes from it. Being a mother at some point just means more to them.

I am figuring this because I have known of women that wanted a baby and the next guy in line turned out to be the lucky baby daddy. I don't know if there was a discussion about it or what but #1 was, they wanted a baby; this guy would do. Nevermind the fact that new Baby Daddy later turns out to not be such a great father, their priority was just having the baby. I don't think they truly consider the rest. For whatever reason, its not as important to them. In the situations that I know personally of they were not seeking husbands but babies.

When I was single with no man in sight in my late 20s, I actually had women in my family ask me when I was going to have a baby. They did not understand that I wanted a husband first. I was told that I didn't need to have a man to have a baby and to not wait for one.

That is the way some women's minds work.
This has been my experience as well. I think a lot of "modern" women think like this.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
well, how old were you when you got married? my husband and I were 26 and had our first child before our 2nd anniversary, but we weren't terribly young and not too immature. I know people who got married in their early 20s, even late teens who married and had kids right away. I can only think of one couple who is still together and they are first generation Portuguese immigrants. everyone else I know is divorced. The only other couples I know who married young and are still together either still do not have kids or waited years until they had kids.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 AM

723 posts, read 2,193,484 times
Quote:
While it's true that any man can turn out to be a complete waste (I know I'm going to be bashed for this), why select one that already has a Guarantee Label on him that he will be a deadbeat, only there for himself, cruel, mean, immature, and a disaster on wheels?
Some of these ladies think they can save a wayward man with the lure of a family. Perhaps the baby, if nothing else, will provide a scant income stream via child support if the man decides to get his act together in the later years and starts bringing home cash $$$ to his new family.

Sorry ladies that's not how it works. If a man doesn't want to get married, period, giving him babies and letting him sleep in your house won't produce a marriage. If he didn't have his stuff together before you shacked up with him, why would he change? If he doesn't take care of his other children, why do you think he will take care of yours?

I'd say 99% of the deadbeat guys who women choose to mate with show some type of red flag that can be seen by anyone who is paying attention. Low/no educational attainment, poor job prospects, apathy towards marriage (if that's the woman's goal), etc. If a ladies goal is to merely hang out with/casually date the guy, then none of the above really matters, but if you know good and dang well that you want the wife+kids+house package then the guy above just won't give it to ya. DON'T give this man a child and presumably some of your younger years, because that will make it that much harder to find a man who wants to give you "the package".

Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
I just have to observe that for the most part, maybe in the very large part, the women here are completely discounting their percentage of blame in marriage transactions. A significant percent of women stop being worth the pain and suffereing and a significant percentage of men give up the pound of flesh just to be free. That's huge. Why does a middle class guy with everything to lose walk away from his family? Do you think all these high IQ men, black, white or anything else are alll mentally retarded? All of them?? I also doubt women give any kind of thought to the fact that they might help rehabilitate a marginal brother by giving him a baby to be responsible for. In America 65% of pregnancies are unplanned. That's within wedlock. That means women, even in the very highest classes of human social strata simply mess up and get knocked up. In Europe, men and women don't get married because they are having sex. They don't get married because they have children together. It is hard to imagine, but men and women in Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands other enlightened places like that, form attachment bonds, have children and maybe get married. IF they get married, however, they are MUCH more likely to stay that way than American couples. One key difference between Europe and America... IF a European man leaves his family, neither he or his family are financially destroyed as a result. Could it be that when the pressure is off, people can be more natural? Maybe women aren't out to trap a man when they need to be taken care of? Just wonderin'

H

Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
I suspect we all have different levels of intelligence. It is not often you see a really intelligent white woman with a bi-racial child because she dates only those of her own race. The white girls with a a lower intelligence level will date anyone who asks them out. Some of them are not smart enough to use birth control. Some of them think having another child will raise their monthly welfare payment. It's impossible to tell what the rest of them think, maybe they just aren't thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies