Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
White men feel threatened by the size of a black man's penis; he probably figures he'll never measure up sexually since she's been with a black man.
There is some truth to that IMO. Some of the white women that I have spoken to who have dated both white and black men, have often stated that once the white men found out, they immediately asked about "the sex." Questions were raised about size, and/or how frequently they engaged in sex if they did at any time date them. My guess is that some are both frightened, intimidated and just down right scared of what may have went on down there LOL!

This doesn't just begin and end with white men though...I have heard Hispanic, Indian, Asian, and Arab men who have chastised their women for either dating or finding a black man attractive. The first thing that these men want want to know is whether these women had a thing for "big ones" and more often than not, they would automatically label them as "sluts" for having such an attraction believing that the attraction had to be about sex.

On the other side, a lot of black men really don't care to dispel the idea that a woman can only be attracted to them aside for sexual purposes. Many of them feel that this is the only way to really attract women of other races.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Honestly, if you guys are running into a lot of people with this attitude, CHANGE YOUR FRIENDS.

I was MARRIED to a black man for eleven years, we had four kids together, and after we got divorced, I dated whoever I pleased - which was predominately WHITE MEN. I eventually remarried - a WHITE MAN.

My criteria for who I dated included that they absolutely could not be racist. I thank my kids for helping me filter out racist jerks. GOOD JOB, KIDS!
Unfortunately, changing friends is not going to change the mindset of the majority. Years ago, I worked with two black men who asked me for a ride home. The looks of contempt and disgust I saw on the faces of some people in the other cars was enough to convince me that even if I had an attraction to AAs, which I didn't, I did not have the courage or thick skin to encounter that attitude on a regular basis. Though I was only giving them a ride home, it was obvious they thought I was "with" them. I don't think the world has changed all that much. There is a stigma associated with interracial relationships that is still prevalent but not discussed much, since it is politically incorrect to do so these days.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,839 times
Yea you saw 10 single mothers and that speaks for millions of light skinned american ladies. Maybe do a better research in the American culture and especially go driving cross country. and of course you haven't seen the phenomenon in china, how many dark skinned or african people do you have over in china?? it's mostly chinese people not much diversity

Old 04-28-2013, 11:14 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
White men feel threatened by the size of a black man's penis; he probably figures he'll never measure up sexually since she's been with a black man.
Well, I'm white and very blessed . Sorry to dispel the myth.

How has this thread not been closed LOL so much racism from both sides.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,870 times
Quote:
You mean that there are still ignorant people who believe this myth?

Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Unfortunately, changing friends is not going to change the mindset of the majority. Years ago, I worked with two black men who asked me for a ride home. The looks of contempt and disgust I saw on the faces of some people in the other cars was enough to convince me that even if I had an attraction to AAs, which I didn't, I did not have the courage or thick skin to encounter that attitude on a regular basis. Though I was only giving them a ride home, it was obvious they thought I was "with" them. I don't think the world has changed all that much. There is a stigma associated with interracial relationships that is still prevalent but not discussed much, since it is politically incorrect to do so these days.
It is up to us to change OURSELVES - we can't change other people.

By that I mean, live as we believe - not as others believe we should.

LIVE BRAVELY. LIVE YOUR CONVICTIONS. LIVE WHAT YOU KNOW TO BE RIGHT and don't be afraid of what others may think or how they will react.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:30 AM

OMG this thread needs to be closed. I'm reporting it.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM

66 posts, read 82,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OMG this thread needs to be closed. I'm reporting it.
Why? You are a woman with four grown children, the content of the discussion should not offend you.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Well, I'm white and very blessed . Sorry to dispel the myth.

How has this thread not been closed LOL so much racism from both sides.
Yes, by all means close this thread. After all, a controversial subject shouldn't be discussed under the politics and controversies thread (sarcasm). I haven't seen one post that was disrespectful or attacking. Probably could do without the anatomy references, however.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Why? You are a woman with four grown children, the content of the discussion should not offend you.
It's amazing to me that you can't see how inappropriate your comments are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies