Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by putlocker View Post
Yes many if not all religions try to convert, but they don't bomb others. Wait the Muslims do.
How many abortion clinics/doctors/workers have been bombed and/or murdered over the past few decades... now how many of those were done in the name of Christianity? While I agree Islam certainly has a larger share of bat, ***** crazy extremists, don't act like they own a monopoly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Have Israelis tried to coexist with Palestinians?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
I know your gay and bi types want us to all just get along, but do you know the Muslims would kill you first? LOL
*LOL* I'll be sure to tell my boyfriend that. Enjoy your morning happy hour!!!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,192 times
Quote:
But Islam is not a religion of coexist. They are the ones who want to force others to their way of thinking. There is no coexist in Islam. The left screams that the NRA stops studies on gun violence but the left forbids the Gov. from studying the Islam war ideology.
I know a Muslim acquaintance. I told him about another acquaintance who follows the religion of Asatru, which is a modified version of the religion of the Vikings. I told him the person's mother also followed the religion of Asatru, and that each year they have two ceremonies, one to celebrate the lesser gods and another to celebrate the greater gods. I told him I was suprised that religion was still around. My Muslim acquaintance smiled and said, "good."

Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 AM

90 posts, read 64,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I know a Muslim acquaintance. I told him about another acquaintance who follows the religion of Asatru, which is a modified version of the religion of the Vikings. I told him the person's mother also followed the religion of Asatru, and that each year they two ceremonies, one to celebrate the lesser gods and another to celebrate the greater gods. I told him I was suprised that religion was still around. My Muslim acquaintance smiled and said, "good."

I think you're wrong here. I think all religions compete, and all members of all religions desire for theirs to spread.
All the bombing and planes flying into buildings and you think I am wrong because some friend who may be or may not be Muslim said 'good" WOW all I can say is WOW your powers of reasoning are only out done by my ability to fly UFOs.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
My point is, religious coexistence can only exist with the rejection of all religion.
are you saying no religion should be allowed to be practiced like in france where the have a religious symbol ban? if so I am 100% against you. I believe we should allow all religions to practice in peace so long as they do not act out in violence.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
All the bombing and planes flying into buildings and you think I am wrong because some friend who may be or may not be Muslim said 'good" WOW all I can say is WOW your powers of reasoning are only out done by my ability to fly UFOs.
Good for you, you can generalize and blame an entire group because of the actions of the few.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
are you saying no religion should be allowed to be practiced like in france where the have a religious symbol ban? if so I am 100% against you. I believe we should allow all religions to practice in peace so long as they do not act out in violence.
I'm not saying I think all religions should be eliminated... I'm simply pointing out that peaceful religious coexistence will only be possible if all religions are eliminated. The fact is that humans have been fighting violently over religion for all of recorded history.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,192 times
Quote:
He came from Pakistan...where they have death penalties for blasphemy.

He also plays basketball at a church, and he's never proselytized, though he knows I'm an atheist.

Furthermore, on the religion forums, and on all forums I've been on, Muslims seem considerably more polite than either atheists or Christians.

By boss was born in Iran. He moved to Germany during his early teen years, then to the U.S. He is not a Muslim, but he knows many. He took me to an Iranian restaurant. He eats pork pruducts routinely. I cannot be sure that the people who appear Middle Eastern he knows and talks to are Muslims, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are. They seem fine with him.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
I'm not saying I think all religions should be eliminated... I'm simply pointing out that peaceful religious coexistence will only be possible if all religions are eliminated. The fact is that humans have been fighting violently over religion for all of recorded history.
In most cases they weren't fighting over religion but rather over the usual things....territory, power etc.

Religion was a useful tool to motivate or control....maybe use as an excuse but they weren't fighting over religion.

WW2? WW1? US Civil War? Vietnam? Korea? Russo-Japanese war? Gulf 1? Spanish-American war? Napoleans various campaigns? The cold war?

None of those were over religion or even had religion factoring prominently in the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies