Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
California, the land of extremely expensive houses and limitless pockets to support the downtrodden. The middle class is so screwed there. I guess it's a good thing it has great weather or no average person in their right mind would want to live there.
I'm remarkably average and I'm living here attending college.

Who are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They are vagrants.
...but they are Americans, are they not?

Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
So if somebody breaks into your home and robs you and beats you and they are down on their luck that is perfectly fine with you? Do you even read the nonsense you post?
Burglary and aggravated assault are felonies. We are talking about minor crimes like loitering, park curfews, sleeping in public (like on a beach), and not having ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Homeless or the fakers? We have so many fakers out here it's hard to tell who is really homeless and who is just "working" a corner with a sympathy sign. I've seen people working the same corner for years that have an apt across the street.
The other option is to give them tickets and when they don't pay you will pay to house them in the local jail. What is the point of arresting a homeless person.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
I'll complain about whoever I want. Actually I wasn't complaining about the homeless but about forcing taxpayers to provide for them. It's mind boggling that they were even thinking of allowing them to urinate in public to boot. The race to turn the US into a third world country is led by California that's for sure.
You complain about the problem (as it is your Constitutional right to do so), yet don't want to contribute anything to solve it?

Double standard much?

Come back at me when you decide to be a real American and help your fellow Americans out.

Adios.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Well some human beings are vagrants. That is a fact. You have a hard time dealing with facts it seems.
Actually, I'm a vagrant and a Veteran. My dad was in the Navy so we moved around a lot. By your definition (and this isn't an attack on your argument, just so you know) all military personnel are vagrants.

I lived in Virginia Beach, then Norfolk, back to Virginia Beach, then back to Norfolk before moving to Tampa, Florida. I then moved out here to Los Angeles and have been having the time of my life paying cheap, cheap rent (for California standards anyway) and attending college.

I am a vagrant, a human being, a military Veteran, and most of all I am an American.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Why does the OP keep talking about a city in Colombia?

Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Problem is ,when efforts have been made to house them, the community objects.
Pray you never become homeless.
Been there, done that, no fun.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I'm remarkably average and I'm living here attending college.

Who are you talking about?
Not people whose primary occupation is going to college. I'm talking about the middle to upper-middle class, you know, the ones who end up being negatively impacted by laws like this.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Why does the OP keep talking about a city in Colombia?
Cali is a bastardation of the bastardation Califas...Other Bastardations SoCali and SoCal...

Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
I simply called them what they are........vagrants. Take it up with the dictionary if you don't agree.

1. One who wanders from place to place without a permanent home or a means of livelihood.
2. A wanderer; a rover.
3. One who lives on the streets and constitutes a public nuisance.
adj.1. Wandering from place to place and lacking any means of support.
2. Wayward; unrestrained: a vagrant impulse.
3. Moving in a random fashion; not fixed in place:

What would Jesus have to say about your characterizations of him?
He wandered from place to place, doing his sermons and feeding his fellow poor?
He was a public nuisance to the status quo.
He had to relieve himself along the way I am sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies