Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Didn't realize C-D forum was the professional world or work environment.
Who said it was? I certainly didn't. Nice try at putting words in my mouth, though.

I merely said that in the professional world and work environment, proper grammar is paramount. No more, no less, so why did you feel the need to misconstrue what I said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Who said it was? I certainly didn't. Nice try at putting words in my mouth, though.

I merely said that in the professional world and work environment, proper grammar is paramount. No more, no less, so why did you feel the need to misconstrue what I said?
If you are correcting someone else's grammar here on city data, then say proper grammar is paramount in the work and professional environment: ergo you are saying city data is a professional or work environment otherwise you would not be correcting others grammar.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellington View Post
And people wonder why California is out of money? Well good for them, now more of the homeless in our states will move there. Good move Kali.
How does arresting a homeless person generate money for the state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Then they need to rethink such a law and rewrite it with excempotion not ingore enforcing the law on some and not others.No new rights bill is needed and I think perhaps other legislators will see this in the end.
What is the difference between passing a bill that says not to arrest the homeless and rewriting all of the ordinance laws to provide exemptions for the homeless? The outcome is the same, but only require writing one bill vs 2,000.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If you are correcting someone else's grammar here on city data, then say proper grammar is paramount in the work and professional environment: ergo you are saying city data is a professional or work environment otherwise you would not be correcting others grammar.
...except I never once claimed that C-D was a professional work environment, ergo your statement is false and doesn't even address the issue in the slightest. By all means, continue to think you have done so, but you'd be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I did clarify it. I posted the definitions of the word. I guess you missed that one as you were building up your feigned outrage.
Nope I didn't miss them. You still didn't clarify them in your initial post, which is what I said.

Quote:
"I did my duty to this country so I'm not exactly inclined to help out more than I already did. This country got enough out of me, so now it's time for me to get what's rightfully due to me"
Nice, you just posted something I already said. America got enough out of me from the 4 years I served in the USN. Now I am taking full advantage of my benefits as I work towards a new career. Seems to me you're either extremely envious or jealous that I get to do that. Why you would do that is bizarre in and of itself.

[quoteGood thing the millions who have served the country don't have the attitude you do. Your "duty" to America is done as you say and you sit there and claim somebody else has no sense of duty. Just stick to your school work yute and brag about how you don't have to work as if it's some kind of new honor in this country and think everybody else is jealous lol. You sound like you are still in junior high to me actually. Yes everybody owes you something and your damn well gonna get it is all I see outta your gibberish.[/quote]

It doesn't matter if millions have the mind-set that I do or not, I gave enough to America and whether or not you agree with that is irrelevant to this discussion. Well I'm not saying it to make people jealous (who would get jealous over that on some internet forum?). I'm saying it as an objective fact. I've been in college full-time (when I was in Florida and after I transferred out here last year) for the past 2 years without having to pay a penny out of pocket. It's an accomplishment and something I will gladly tout because getting a college education is amazing. Not in "junior high", as I finished high school back in 2006. I'm in college now or did you some how miss that?

Nobody owes me anything. When did I ever say that specifically? Please find the date, time, post # and exact quote in which I said somebody owes me something. Do I owe you anything? No the hell I don't. No one owes me anything either. I'm a grown adult living on his own in Los Angeles while going to college full-time.

You just sound very jealous of that for whatever reason. Let go of the hate, dude. It's not healthy for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies