Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 PM

709 posts, read 597,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I think this is what you meant to say.
Um, no...live events trump online forum bulls***!

Anyone can say anything. Explain that^?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 02:46 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
Um, no...live events trump online forum bulls***!
yes they do. but you are not using "live events" you are using heavily edited youtube videos.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
As do i. Call it as you may.

Money gives means motive and ample opportunity. Don't say things are not done in this day and age for money, cruel as this may sound. I'm a realistic not someone who lives in a fairy-tail land. As some naive people.

To say not in this day and age, with all the new technical advancements is plain ignorant.

It is always better to questions things of uncertainity, then to just assume it as fact. Better safe then sorrry, right.

When you give someone power, they possess a lot at their fingertips anything is possible.

Most of us know better, and were not born yesterday!

Too many people in this country have this false sense of security that just because we're the United States of America...you know One Nation Under God (allegedly) that we, nor our government can do no wrong. History has shown time and again, that the Establishment can cause harm to it's people.... slavery, forcing Native Americans off of their land, women's rights, meddling in the affairs of other nations who pose no direct threat to our shores... I could go on. Now, all nations have their share of corruption, and dark moments in history, but you're a fool to think that we are totally squeaky clean here. I love my country, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize it, or call bulls*** when I see it! Power can, and does at times corrupt. Now, are all government officials corrupt? No. Of course not. But a lot of them do get sucked in to go along to get along.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM

258 posts, read 238,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Too many people in this country have this false sense of security that just because we're the United States of America...you know One Nation Under God (allegedly) that we, nor our government can do no wrong. History has shown time and again, that the Establishment can cause harm to it's people.... slavery, forcing Native Americans off of their land, women's rights, meddling in the affairs of other nations who pose no direct threat to our shores... I could go on. Now, all nations have their share of corruption, and dark moments in history, but you're a fool to think that we are totally squeaky clean here. I love my country, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize it, or call bulls*** when I see it! Power can, and does at times corrupt. Now, are all government officials corrupt? No. Of course not. But a lot of them do get sucked in to go along to get along.
Ok so if this is the prevailing opinion in this thread, then why do so many respond as if it's the opposite?

Why are there so many dissenting opinions when someone even dares question a specific account of an event?

I'm more curious in the opposite of the spectrum? Can anyone play devil's advocate?

Is there not anyone who can articulate why they believe there are restrictions to corruption here in the United States? (Especially by the unseen, unelected parts of our government many of which are protected under the guise of national security)

Old 04-25-2013, 09:36 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
It is entirely possible for some small group of people within the government to commit a terrorists attack.
It is possible for well place terrorists within the government to hide evidence or "run interfearance" and thus allow some terrorist to act.

What is not possible is for "The Government" to take such an action. The reason is simple. Far too many people would have to be complicit, far too many people would have to be involved and you cannot have such an action without the secret getting out.

Boston is certainly NOT an example of any element of government blowing up Americans.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,015 times
Of course they can, and probably have done so.

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
It is entirely possible for some small group of people within the government to commit a terrorists attack.
It is possible for well place terrorists within the government to hide evidence or "run interfearance" and thus allow some terrorist to act.

What is not possible is for "The Government" to take such an action. The reason is simple. Far too many people would have to be complicit, far too many people would have to be involved and you cannot have such an action without the secret getting out.

Boston is certainly NOT an example of any element of government blowing up Americans.
The Government is an ambiguous terminology. I don't think many who challenge an official account of an event think that every Congressman, Local City Councilmen, the Mailman, etc would be involved.

Most would say that it would be criminal elements within the government. And not mainly elected officials who are basically just used to push through legislation.

Mostly it would be the ever growing DECLASSIFIED side of government. The unseen, unelected, unaccountable to no one side of government. The side of government with such secrecy and so little accountability that even their budget is undisclosed

The side of government that even if someone had some level of knowledge of corruption, no one in the public would even know who they are even if they had the pedestal and change of heart to be a whistleblower

But I'm more curious if you can expand beyond that common surface level refrain. Can you give a list of the individuals who would have to be directly involved in such an attack? What number and how do you come to that conclusion? In other words, why does can an event be 2 terrorists who acted alone but it has to be 200 or 2,000 officials in government? And why would most of those officials have to be public figures?

Certainly you don't believe that the contemplation of plans would be as out in the open as trying to pass legislation to authorize an act of terror in the Congress with the legislation available for the public to read online do you? This isn't exactly something that would before a House or Senate Committee with some guy from the Department of Defense proposing the plans to the committee and the public on C-Span.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
So you're saying that because of social media that if the government had an account of events that did not match up with what was visibly seen, they couldn't get away with it?

It has been through social media where people have seen interviews of a couple of individuals who said that there was a drill going on before the bombing and that they were told not to be alarmed.

It has been through social media where people resurfaced the images and report of the naked man who looks like one of the suspects who seemed to be under arrest and claimed to be the suspect by the Aunt.
Why do you suppose it is illegal in areas for citizens to video police officers while performing their "duties"?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,397,939 times
Anyone that places more than an ounce of trust in the American mainstream media and/or the American government is a fool.

End of story.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Of course they can, and probably have done so.

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What's quite astounding that the common refrain that you get from bringing up Operation Northwoods is that "but the President didn't sign off on that"

Which is a total diversion from the fact that individuals from the Joint Chief of Staff had the gall and the audacity to even propose such a treasonous plan. And this wasn't just some plan that they wrote up because they thought it would be great for a Tom Clancy novel. They literally planned on implementing it

So the true question to ask is what happens when the "National Security" sector of government grows so large that they no longer ask for the President's permission to perform all, most, or even any of their covert actions?

What happens when the "National Security" form of government instead becomes more and more mercenaries for the banking and corporate class? Overthrowing democratically elected leaders and installing puppet dictators. Or only removing non democratic leaders when it's in the best interest of those who profit from the resources of the land? What happens when you outsource more and more of the armed military forces as "private military contractors"? And your "just cause" for war becomes "Just because" we want to prop up the dollar as a reserve currency and tie it to petroleum.

Then more and more you can have decisions that are being made out of Washington DC so no matter how benevolent a President may be, he doesn't have a voice in those plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies