Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Obviously you were there or wouldn't have posted this.......

"Without the lockdown, he could of easily escaped the town and the manhunt would of had a much harder time tracking him down."

So please fill us in on all these details we seem to be missing since you were actually there.
Simple, you roadblock every road in the 4 mile town, have everyone stay in doors, and the chances are the only one who is gonna be outside are the reporters that kept getting in the way and the terrorist that they had a shootout with. This isn't complicated.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM

39,848 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, you were so hurt, yet you still have the freedom to voice your opinion. Again, how many people were physically hurt during the lockdown?
During WWII, we interned American citizens of Japanese decent. Who was physically hurt during that?

We set up "free speech cages" well away from anyplace a politician or public figure gathers. Who is physically hurt?

We lock up people for more than a decade, with no charges and no trial, at Gitmo. Who is physically hurt?

It's kind of ironic. There once was a time when liberals opposed police states, excess police power and yes, even police brutality. During the 60's they even protested such things. While conservatives were considered "law and order" types, generally supporting anything the police do. How times change. Now "liberals" support the ever expanding police state, the loss of individual rights and freedoms, while "conservatives" are questioning the power structure.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
During WWII, we interned American citizens of Japanese decent. Who was physically hurt during that?

We set up "free speech cages" well away from anyplace a politician or public figure gathers. Who is physically hurt?

We lock up people for more than a decade, with no charges and no trial, at Gitmo. Who is physically hurt?

It's kind of ironic. There once was a time when liberals opposed police states, excess police power and yes, even police brutality. During the 60's they even protested such things. While conservatives were considered "law and order" types, generally supporting anything the police do. How times change. Now "liberals" support the ever expanding police state, the loss of individual rights and freedoms, while "conservatives" are questioning the power structure.
So the people of Watertown are now prisoners? And here I thought they were clapping and cheering when the terrorist was caught....silly people of Watertown, they didn't realize they are the new Gitmo.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:22 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
So the people of Watertown are now prisoners? And here I thought they were clapping and cheering when the terrorist was caught....silly people of Watertown, they didn't realize they are the new Gitmo.
And what would have happened to them had those citizens told the police, "No, you may not come in and no I'm not leaving this house."

Answer honestly.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Seeing you were there for this, how many houses did they go in and check? And yes, I remember that the terrorist was spotted because the man noticed the blood on the boat. Without the lockdown, he could of easily escaped the town and the manhunt would of had a much harder time tracking him down.
Only a portion of the town was locked down.

The area he was in was reccommended to stay indoors.

If I had lived in Watertown - I would have stayed home, but been outside checking the perimeter and any potential hiding spots on my property every 30 minutes.

I would have been armed and if I had found anyone in my boat, they would have been restrained, or shot if they made any threatening moves.

The lockdown was a failure - and the willingness of Boston(a liberal city) to comply like meek sheep with the orders of unelected government thugs is a direct slap in the face of the liberty-oriented people of Massachusetts 237 years a go, who laid down their lives so that you and I can be free today.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And what would have happened to them had those citizens told the police, "No, you may not come in and no I'm not leaving this house."

Answer honestly.
How many houses did they check? How did those conversations go? Did they ask the houses? There are plenty of questions, but none of us are apart of the investigation and none of us were there.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
You talk big, but I seriously doubt you would have the guts to do anything if the police forced their way in.
You think wrong.

I am willing to die if it means that Americans can be free.

Can you say the same?

Quote:
"Death is not the worst of evils"
- General John Stark

Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Only a portion of the town was locked down.

The area he was in was reccommended to stay indoors.

If I had lived in Watertown - I would have stayed home, but been outside checking the perimeter and any potential hiding spots on my property every 30 minutes.

I would have been armed and if I had found anyone in my boat, they would have been restrained, or shot if they made any threatening moves.

The lockdown was a failure - and the willingness of Boston(a liberal city) to comply like meek sheep with the orders of unelected government thugs is a direct slap in the face of the liberty-oriented people of Massachusetts 237 years a go, who laid down their lives so that you and I can be free today.
So you would be willing to walk around your property waving your gun around while there are police all around, that sounds like a dumb idea.

What does Boston have to do with Watertown? You do know that Watertown is 34% Republican, right?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Oh you can question it all you want, like I have said before, you armchair quarterback away, you are totally free to do that, but if the police pounded on your door and wanted to check your house, you would do what you were told....as you have admitted.
What is this obsession with heavily armed thigs forcing compliance on innocent people?

Are you into BDSM?

Do you watch the clips of the Boston Police searching these houses like they are some fetish video?

You are a liberal - so it follows that you are into control, regulation, and domination.

I'm not surprised if this scenario makes you aroused.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You think wrong.

I am willing to die if it means that Americans can be free.

Can you say the same?

- General John Stark
Yeah, sure you are tough guy. You would be dumb enough to wave around a gun while cops are looking for a terrorist? You would of been the idiot that accidentally got shot while police were looking for the actual terrorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.