Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post

I don't know why you are so angry, but stop sensationalizing these rare events as being "common practice".
Congratulations. You're the second poster today wondering why people are upset/angry over TWO KIDS being dead.

Were I the tin-hat type I'd wonder if all the fundamentalists were being sent a memo that told them this is no big deal and to question why anyone is angry. One guess: Two kids are dead, dead, dead. Point fingers at the fundamentalism. Not at the people who are calling out the parents, and the belief system, that lead to this.

THIS is the danger of fundamentalism in any religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM

15 posts, read 16,352 times
So is it an attack on one set of idiot parents or a whole religion? Because we all know you lefties will want to defend Christians as much as Muslims. Wait no you don't LOL

Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,876,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Congratulations. You're the second poster today wondering why people are upset/angry over TWO KIDS being dead.
You just made that up, as I never even implied it, much less said it. Careful, credibility is a hard thing to earn, and that's an easy way to lose it.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 PM

11,185 posts, read 10,963,202 times
Quote:
Just because you hate Christians doesn't mean you are right, bud.
I don't hate Christians. I hate ignorant people. I have many Christian friends. After all, according to you, 250 million people in this country are Christian.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,500,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellington View Post
So is it an attack on one set of idiot parents or a whole religion? Because we all know you lefties will want to defend Christians as much as Muslims. Wait no you don't LOL
Any Christian that I know takes their kids to the doctor and prays. They don't just pray for the child to get better.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't hate Christians. I hate ignorant people. I have many Christian friends. After all, according to you, 250 million people in this country are Christian.
I stated the other day that I would appreciate if religion "phased itself out", and I mean that. But I also hate ignorance, so I felt I needed to speak up and defend Christians or the funamentalist devout Christians, because a handful of cases a year, of any religious denomination, is pretty ****ing rare, amirite?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Whatever helps your lousy argument. The fact is, it is 8 times more uncommon than death by lightning strike.

Just because you hate Christians doesn't mean you are right, bud.

Wow! Just wow!

According to Ramdomguy, there is nothing to see here folks. Those Christians, who let their children die by denying them medical care, are "not that common!" Go look at the deaths by lightening instead. (BTW, isn't death by lightening considered to be a death by a god?)

Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wow! Just wow!

According to Ramdomguy, there is nothing to see here folks. Those Christians, who let their children die by denying them medical care, are "not that common!" Go look at the deaths by lightening instead. (BTW, isn't death by lightening considered to be a death by a god?)
No, I'm saying the OP (YOU), is misrepresenting this event and its commonality in an effort to bash a certain faction of people for your own selfish, anti-religion agenda.

I said it was sick and wrong, but my point was that you are a liar. But now, you are a liar and a poor reader.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Control freaks would love to use the odd isolated incident to make easier to take children from parents and have their beloved state raise them. And yet so many of them support state sanctioned baby killing.
What a creepy hypocritical lot.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
No, I'm saying the OP (YOU), is misrepresenting this event and its commonality in an effort to bash a certain faction of people for your own selfish, anti-religion agenda.

I said it was sick and wrong, but my point was that you are a liar. But now, you are a liar and a poor reader.
What have I lied about? And, what makes you so angry?

Look, nothing makes me feel worse than a child slowly dying while hearing his parents chant instead of helping.

Regardless of the religion, this practice stems out of ignorance that comes from religious indoctrination. If I was a religious person, I would go to hell before I would standby while a child of mine suffered and slowly died!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies