Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The mother was arrested in June in the US for shoplifting.

Here's something I don't understand. Apparently this family has been on government assistance for around a decade, which means they have to qualify income-wise. I don't understand how they managed this much back and forth air travel between the US and Russia. I mean, they're a regular bunch of globetrotters!

As well as criminals.
Hence the rift between this branch of the family and that of the Uncles I suspect.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Check out Exodus 22:20, Leviticus 20:1-5, Deuteronomy 17:2-7 and see what the Old Testament says about worshiping false idols (meaning anything other than "our" God). There's plenty of rules about HAVING to kill people for failing to follow our faith in the Old Testament too.
Oh I know, thats actually from Deuteronomy, I was just baiting some bible thumpers

Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by putlocker View Post
I don't care that her oldest son was shot and run over by her younger son. I also don't care that the younger son will be rear raped for the rest of his life. I just don't care, GOD IS GREAT. lol
If the guy is found guilty and avoids the death sentence, chances are that he will spend his life in prison and not within the general prison population.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
True but muslim nuts outnumber the christian nuts 1,000,000,000 to one. There is no comparison. There is no world wide issue with christians going off the deep end taking many lives with them. In fact, if you've noticed, its the crazy muslim issue that is a world wide issue. Although most muslims to not partake in such terror, they know to keep their place or else.
But that still doesn't mean that even a tiny fraction of the Muslims in this country are terrorists--just like most Christians aren't terrorists. The tide on support for terrorism among fundamentalist Muslims is starting to turn internationally. I think the mom is a certifiable nut, but even the Taliban has started denouncing terrorist acts because they're realizing that they can't get other Muslims to support them when they pull that stuff--they begged Al Qaeda to stop jihad because it was turning Muslims away from them.

The Taliban: We Didn

Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hence the rift between this branch of the family and that of the Uncles I suspect.
The sisters seem to have distanced themselves too. I hear that there are relatives in their native region that said they believed the older brother was capable of such an act.

I have been wondering why the mother and father sought political asylum in the USA, but now are back in the place they fled. This entire thing reeks.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Obama was caught in an uncharacteristic moment of loose language. Referring to working-class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses, the presidential hopeful said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." Those Muslims.... clinging to their bombs and religion...immigrating to a country they hate.
Notice how hard Obama comes accross against Americans,, but so very soft to the muslims.. his bias. His beliefs, his baggage. We are not equal in Obama's eyes. Muslims will be favored over Americans.

In Obama's book :

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Oh I know, thats actually from Deuteronomy, I was just baiting some bible thumpers
Oh good--I wasn't sure. So much of the Quran is identical to the Old Testament that I had no idea if it was also part of the Quran or not, but I knew it was Christian scripture.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Check out Exodus 22:20, Leviticus 20:1-5, Deuteronomy 17:2-7 and see what the Old Testament says about worshiping false idols (meaning anything other than "our" God). There's plenty of rules about HAVING to kill people for failing to follow our faith in the Old Testament too.
By the way, McNeigh was strongly anti-government, not Christian.
You claim to be a Christian, but I have a hard time believing you. You would realize these specific Old Testament laws of thousands of years ago you bring up don't apply to today. So why bring it up? Are there Christian terrorists currently using these to commit mass murder? If not, it's not relevant. Why try to incorrectly infer that McVeigh's motives had anything to do with religion?

Stirring the pot to divert, it seems.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
The old testament is under the Law.. and the law was an eye for an eye.

We now do not fight against flesh and blood but against principalities and evil in the spirit realm. We are now in a spiritual war. Good against evil.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Notice how hard Obama comes accross against Americans,, but so very soft to the muslims.. his bias. His beliefs, his baggage. We are not equal in Obama's eyes. Muslims will be favored over Americans.

In Obama's book :

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.
He stands with Muslims and not with the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies