Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Actually the mother was caught shoplifting in 2012. Usually that means deportation.

As well it should.
Are you sure about that? I know of an American woman here that has a child with a Pakistani guy and had an order of protection against him. He spent time in jail, I think 3 months, after a 2nd altercation with her and was not deported even though he is not a citizen. He flew home for a visit with parents in Pakistan and is now here again. Why would shoplifting be a worse crime? And what about the older brother bomber, who was not a citizen and had a domestic violence complaint against him, which is why his application for citizenship was halted. He traveled freely to and from here as well.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,589,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Are you sure about that? I know of an American woman here that has a child with a Pakistani guy and had an order of protection against him. He spent time in jail, I think 3 months after a 2nd altercation with her and was not deported even though he is not a citizen. He flew home for a visit with parents in Pakistan and is now here again. Why would shoplifting be a worse crime? And what about the older brother bomber, who was not a citizen and had a domestic violence complaint against him, which is why his application for citizenship was halted. He traveled freely to and from here as well.
I don't know if that's why she is in Russia. I do know that it is GROUNDS for deportation.

For that matter I don't know if this was her first offense.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,665,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The mother was arrested in June in the US for shoplifting.

Here's something I don't understand. Apparently this family has been on government assistance for around a decade, which means they have to qualify income-wise. I don't understand how they managed this much back and forth air travel between the US and Russia. I mean, they're a regular bunch of globetrotters!
The mother was working from her home giving facials so probably never reported that income in order to qualify for welfare. One of her clients reported that she stopped going to her in 2012 because of the mom's increasingly radical views --- she was a huge 9/11 Truther. The younger son was a 9/11 Truther also according to his tweets.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
There has been so much focus on immigration from Mexico and other Latin American countries that immigration from other countries that are not Latin American goes under the radar and they are milking the system in a big way. Due to where I live, I see this all the time. Russian immigration to the USA is never discussed on the forum, but I could write book.
Huge Russian population in NYC.

We see a massive influx of Eastern Europeans who arrive in the Chicago area on tourist visas. Many are skilled trades people and work for general contractors, for cash. When business slows down, they fly home and return the following spring.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,716,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it--fundamentalist nuts are fundamentalist nuts, whether they're Muslim or Christian. Eric Rudolph was a fundamentalist Christian nut who bombed the Olympic Park in 1996 (killing one and injuring over 100) to make a statement about abortion. Tim McVeigh was an anti-government extremist Christian too. The faith people belong to isn't the issue--it's when people have a nutty, extremist view of ANY faith that they start carrying out violent acts in the "name of God."

I'm a Christian, and I can no more be roped in with what Eric Rudolph and Tim McVeigh believed than the average Muslim should be included with what the fundamentalist Muslim terrorists believe.
Please stop trying to eqiuvocate. You have been all over the bombing threads trying to claim the bombers were no different than all those Christians out there waiting to kill people in the name of Jesus and saying they had "conservative" ideology. It's maddening.

Christians didn't kill 3,000 people on 9/11, they didn't attack the USS Cole, they didn't masscre 300 people including 180 children in the Beslan school massacre, they didn't bomb trains in Madrid to kill 180 people, kill 200 with bombs on trains in India, or kill 4 and wound 200 others in Boston. And they didn't plan the newest attacks in Canada.

The fact that these attacks were done in the name of Islam doesn't mean every Muslim or even most Muslims are bad. But it also has nothing to do with Christianity, so please stop with the nonsense.

And stop going back hundreds of years into history to try to excuse this. That would be like someone screaming "Muhammad raped a 9 year old girl" in response to a priest being found guilty of pedophilia. It's insane to try to equivocate and excuse behavior because you want to protect the people involved. Wrong is wrong, and this wrong was done by two radical Muslim men.

We can talk about Christianity the next time Christians blow people up, and I'll be happy to discuss any possible religious motives then as well.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it--fundamentalist nuts are fundamentalist nuts, whether they're Muslim or Christian. Eric Rudolph was a fundamentalist Christian nut who bombed the Olympic Park in 1996 (killing one and injuring over 100) to make a statement about abortion. Tim McVeigh was an anti-government extremist Christian too. The faith people belong to isn't the issue--it's when people have a nutty, extremist view of ANY faith that they start carrying out violent acts in the "name of God."

I'm a Christian, and I can no more be roped in with what Eric Rudolph and Tim McVeigh believed than the average Muslim should be included with what the fundamentalist Muslim terrorists believe.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,589,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
The mother was working from her home giving facials so probably never reported that income in order to qualify for welfare. One of her clients reported that she stopped going to her in 2012 because of the mom's increasingly radical views --- she was a huge 9/11 Truther. The younger son was a 9/11 Truther also according to his tweets.

That's true - I read that article by a former customer of hers too.

GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
If the guy is found guilty and avoids the death sentence, chances are that he will spend his life in prison and not within the general prison population.
Massachusetts eliminated the death penalty in 1984.
I agree that he will likely not be placed within the general prison population. Darn shame.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,190,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I don't disagree with most of what you say here. However, you were one of the first to come out in the thread in a dismissive way by trying to change the topic to events of the past and a different religion. I have a problem with this. You are grasping just a little to try and draw some sort of parallel... why?
And McVeigh's primary drive was an anti-government, not religious one. These are simply not comparable to the worldwide Islamist jihad in recent events. The "but, but" comparisons are more of a diversion than anything worthwhile for anyone who wants the world to be a safer place.
How did I change the discussion? Allahu Akbar means God is good--there's no nefarious intent to it. It's no different than a Christian saying "Praise Jesus" or "Praise God." That's pretty straightforward--you're the one coming with calling my comments "dismissive." Of course I'm trying to draw parallels--context is everything, and only a total simpleton looks at situations without the wider view and comparisons. As far as McVeigh goes--the Christian Identity movement may not be as large, but it is ABSOLUTELY comparable to Al Qaeda.

As for the rest--you've caught me out. I'm a Muslim terrorist extremist posing as a middle aged mother of 5 and Sunday School teacher in the midwest. The truth is that if you say stupid, ignorant things, I'm going to call you out on it. If you want to make the world safer, you have to deal with real problems vs. made up boogeymen. The overwhelming majority of Muslims in this country are no more dangerous than anyone else, and the occasional nut is just as much of a nut as the Christian extremists we have in this country. When you want to deal with the real problem--EXTREMISTS of all stripes--vs. painting a whole religion as evil--and then trying to accuse me of heaven knows what--then we can have an intelligent discussion. Until then--buh bye!

And on that note, I have a meeting.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Notice how hard Obama comes accross against Americans,, but so very soft to the muslims.. his bias. His beliefs, his baggage. We are not equal in Obama's eyes. Muslims will be favored over Americans.

In Obama's book :

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.
Here's the actual quote:
  1. Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction. “The Audacity of Hope,” page 261 (paperback version)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.