Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He said this:

"That is what we saw play out the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

He mentions the video 6 times during his speech.
Seems that an attack which killed four Americans and destroyed our US consulate slipped Obama's mind, so he just lumped all the attacks under the hateful, disgusting video, by that "shady character."

Old 05-08-2013, 02:09 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
If death is just a part of life,then why worry about gun deaths? What a disgrace. His love for Obama and racial loyalty supercedes his humanity.
snap.

you can bet that his sorry butt would have never been anywhere near danger, while he waxes on about death.

it has been disgraceful the way the Benghazi deaths have been "minimized". If Obama's kids were over there, you can bet he would have taken the calls, and you can bet Hillary would have got her butt in action also. (and same for every other politician's kids)

normal life spans are also a "part of life".

Old 05-08-2013, 02:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Seems that an attack which killed four Americans and destroyed our US consulate slipped Obama's mind, so he just lumped all the attacks under the hateful, disgusting video, by that "shady character."
Well he went on to bash Iran and Syria and tell the UN how bad they were to their people.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:11 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Yes one was Stevens and one was unknown, when he called back the unknown, Stevens answered the phone.
I believe he said that was the number for Stevens' attache'. I presume he was calling to report he attack as well. I'm stumped as to why he wasn't there and Stevens answered that phone.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:14 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I believe he said that was the number for Stevens' attache'. I presume he was calling to report he attack as well. I'm stumped as to why he wasn't there and Stevens answered that phone.
Maybe he had already been injured.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:16 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Stevens called Hicks and said, "we have been attacked", then the phone went dead. Hicks was asked, had there been any protest around the Annex or nearby, would Stevens had called Hicks...Hicks answered yes and I find him incredibly believable.
After what happened in Egypt, a few hours earlier, you can bet your ass Stevens would have been on the horn if even a small protest group started to form outside of the consulate.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:16 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am wondering why Cummings and the Dems were not allowed to interview the witnesses prior to the hearing. Issa's guys certainly did. Perhaps to not allow the Dems time to develop questions? You know, question about what can be done to keep this from happening again, rather than just questions to imply some blame to Clinton.
If I recall Eleanor Norton made it a point to mention it twice directing it to Thompson that he refused to meet with the democrats. I could be wrong, so don't hold me to it!!!! If I'm correct, why didn't she ask him why he refused. Oh, wait, she used up all her time stumbling through reading her notes.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
He thinks huh.
Are you not following the testimony? He didn't want to go through the checkpoints because his best judgment told him not to do that at night, not trusting the militia checkpoints. People in charge have to *think*, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..one Democrat citizen calling in said the Republicans got with the 3 testifying before the meeting and worked out all the Q&A's all to bring Obama down

Wow..to think people actually think this way.
That's the liberal way of thinking, especially when they feel they're cornered. Deflect! Deflect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Aren't we looking for facts instead of opinions though?
See above.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:21 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
DoD has said in hindsight they would not have made it in time.
Their prep would have taken more than 7 hours to come help.

12 hours later they were able to get 2 C-130s to Libya but that was under extraordinary prep time.
In hindsight - everyone would have done it differently, if nothing else to make sure that proper security was provided in general, and those who were listening to the chatter days before the attack had acted on what they heard.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
In hindsight - everyone would have done it differently, if nothing else to make sure that proper security was provided in general, and those who were listening to the chatter days before the attack had acted on what they heard.
With protests already happening around the ME, you'd think the DoD would have had prepped some jets to take off "just in case".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies