Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 01:19 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I assume Obama knew Rice would appear on the shows and that her comments would reflect the latest U.S. Intelligence reports. Her comments did reflect the latest reports.
Her comments were based on CIA reports. Just how accurate would the reports be seeing as how the CIA was involved in some covert operations? The CIA has proven that it isn't the most trustworthy agency in government.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:20 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Really, Obama is no longer a D? Hillary is no longer a D? You insult yourself with comments such as you just made.
Benghazi was an attack on Americans, not Dems or Repubs, Americans.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Ignoring that he actually can testify only for himself, this is one man's recollection of an event at which he wasn't even present. Being one of the few people on this forum who has actually been shot at in a terrorist attack, I promise you that any three people experiencing an event like that, even first hand, will have three different recollections of what took place.

I'm certain he was not ignored, and I'm also certain the folks who prepared the talking points had more sources of information than he did.
Senior White House and State Department officials played a much larger role than they acknowledged in drafting erroneous administration “talking points” about the Sept. 11 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, according to congressional investigators preparing for a dramatic hearing Wednesday in the House.
The House Oversight and Government Reform committee will hear from the man who took charge of the U.S. mission to Libya after the Benghazi attack left Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans dead.
SPECIAL COVERAGE: Benghazi Attack Under Microscope
The Obama administration’s handling of the assault, and the way top officials first characterized the assault as a protest rather than a terrorist attack, will come under new scrutiny.
“I thought it was a terrorist attack from the get-go,” Gregory N. Hicks told congressional investigators. “I think everybody in the mission thought it was a terrorist attack from the beginning.”
The weekend after the attack, Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, made the rounds of Sunday political

Read more: Benghazi
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Benghazi was an attack on Americans, not Dems or Repubs, Americans.
Another massive Red Herring from the bastion of desperation.

We are talking about the ineptitude, the malfeasance, the treason, the coverup by, and read this very carefully, Obama, Clinton and the Administration in general, who are, surprise, surprise - DemocRATS.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've watched all the stations - there is very little coverage of the incident on any national TV besides CNN and Fox.
That's because most news stations cover news, not old, already been reported months ago, nothing new to see here, news. Well, except for CNN and Fox.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Nixon? Ford? Stuck in the past, are yah? Your desperation is showing - in spades!!
No desperation. Just showing that history shows our government officials are not beyond reproach.

Also showing that there were those defending Nixon before all the dirt came out on him.

Also shows that power can corrupt.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Whistleblowers are disgruntled axe-grinders?? I guess you see them the way the government does. That people who know there is something wrong or something went wrong need to shut their mouth or suffer the consequences.

Cummings praising whistleblowers?? He just wants people who know where the bodies are buried to speak out so that he and government can bury them. We've seen over time how whistleblowers are treated. Ask Tom Drake and John Kiriakou how things turn out when you blow the whistle on the CIA. You end up with trumped up charges and the possibility of facing jail.
Or at the minimum the IRS crawling up your behind with a microscope. Pity when a federal agency is used as a weapon.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Errr, I wasn't referring to you, but the poster you were addressing, along with others. We're pretty much on the same page (as you so acknowledged.)
My sincere apologies.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Did they legalize marijuana in your state? Post my quote where I'm blaming youtubers for the attack? I believe that was Susan Rice, but I'll wait for you to find my post where I did.
I never said you did I said Obama did. That is why you need to link him to your CNN article.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No desperation. Just showing that history shows our government officials are not beyond reproach.

Also showing that there were those defending Nixon before all the dirt came out on him.

Also shows that power can corrupt.
Aint that the truth yet these folks still believe every word all these guys say every day of the week. It's quite the spectacle. Brain damage is what I call it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies