Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
How much money did the US just send to the Syrian rebels for "medicine and humanitarian aid" as well as education and sanitation??

I guess "medicine and humanitarian aid" is code for weapons.
I betcha there was a box of bandaids and a bottle of tynelol on that ship that we paid for

I'm sure the Captain could have found it amid the crates of guns, grenades and rocket launchers.

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
How much money did the US just send to the Syrian rebels for "medicine and humanitarian aid" as well as education and sanitation??

I guess "medicine and humanitarian aid" is code for weapons.
Can you read? The guy said he can ONLY talk about the medicine and humanitarian aid meaning there was something else on board he couldn't talk about..................hmmmmmmmm.

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Clinton isn't stupid. Her Chief of Staff is the one who Hicks ended up dealing with.
It wasn't Clinton on the air that Sunday was it ?
And now Hillary is gone..sipping Pina Coladas by the pool.
Never get yourself directly involved in a sticky situation.
Yep, that seems to be the case. Does anyone know where Obama was during the attacks? When it gets too hot to handle pull out except if you are people in Benghazi of course.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post

buh buh buh.....it's a scandal, a SCANDAL I say!!!

Oh the fake outrage.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
I haven't seen the original CIA version that was given to the WH. Can you provide me with it? I don't recall Rice even mentioning the possibility that it was an attack by Al Qaeda. Do you have a link where it says that she did? If she was aligned to "many of the points" what points did she omit?
Flashback: What Susan Rice Said About Benghazi - Washington Wire - WSJ

We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to — or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in — in the wake of the revolution in Libya are — are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.
So we’ll want to see the results of that [FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that– in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.
Well, first of all, Chris, we are obviously investigating this very closely. The FBI has a lead in this investigation. The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control.
What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya.

The bolded parts were in the early version of the CIA talking points, but not in the final version.

I would point out that the language on it being a spontaneous attack linked to Cairo was in the early versions of the CIA talking points and survived the edits.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Hate to overuse this, but it's still the best response to this kind of drivel:

Nice...

Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The poop is getting deeper. I remember some brought this up back when this went down and of course the left said we were all crazy for thinking anything like this.
Yea I remember this too. Fox News was talking about it but you are right, the liberal news called them crazy.

I also remember Fox saying that former Navy seals Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were actually CIA contractors to collect guns, not security officers, as originally publicly stated by the officials.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
You put these bozos in charge and of course bad decisions will be made or they'll get blindsided by not being able to do their jobs. Then they'll compound their stupidity by thinking they can cover up their mistakes.
Its across the board nincompoopery from the White House to the State Department to the Justice Department.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The poop is getting deeper. I remember some brought this up back when this went down and of course the left said we were all crazy for thinking anything like this.
Was part of the debate over Benghazi being called a 'consulate'.

CIA base and with over 30 employees only 7 were State Dept employees.
Ambassador got caught up in a covert operation gone bad.
Looks like it was planned to go down right after he met with the Ambassador from Turkey because they let the guy from Turkey walk before they attacked.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We are only seeing 3 of the 12 versions and we have no idea where in the revision history those 3 fall.

The other 9 are classified and I'd wager the first 9 would be the ones we won't see.
I have no idea what the process was internal to the CIA, or how many revisions they went through prior to requesting review from the State Dept.

My point has always been that Susan Rice was referencing points that didn't make it into the final edit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies