Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 11:49 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Most people get all their news from MSM which always cites conservatives, and the teaparty as dumb or evil.
Speaking of which....it's Benghazi.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:50 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What is sad is that the democrats on the committee were more interested in protecting the admin and clinton then they were at getting the truth about what happened. Disgusting is what comes to mind. The media and liberals are complicit and in all this and it is more than obvious they are now the enemy of the US. The enemy within.
I noticed how Mahoney (D) spent her entire 5 minutes whining about how the repubs were responsible for the lack of security because they held back funding.

Then when she was finished Issa reminded her that at the Oct. hearing the State Dept official, Lamb I believe, stated that FUNDING was NOT an issue.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:59 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
The role of the press is supposed to question the government and its leaders. It is not supposed to give them cover. That is why the first amendment exists.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The GOP already had their hearings on this months ago and found nothing. What new things do you think more hearings will uncover that two rounds have not?

The Republicans are the ones insinuating something more insidious happened at Benghazi. The burden is on them to come up with some hard evidence. Vague assertions and innuendos coupled with histrionics do not count.
I know it is hard for you to accept but, this last hearings was the FIRST time that they have had the opportunity to talk to people who WERE ACTUALLY in Libya. and we found out a OT of new info.

I know you probably didn't watch it because it was on FOX and you refuse to watch FOX.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:13 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I know it is hard for you to accept but, this last hearings was the FIRST time that they have had the opportunity to talk to people who WERE ACTUALLY in Libya. and we found out a OT of new info.

I know you probably didn't watch it because it was on FOX and you refuse to watch FOX.
FOX didn't air the hearing in it's entirety, c-span did though. FOX cut and ran after Gowdy and Chavez lost their minds, because they knew they were getting nowhere, to cover the Jodi Arias verdict!

Last edited by wytrvn; 05-11-2013 at 12:27 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Which FOX News? This FOX News?

Many news agencies lie and distort facts, not many have the guts to admit it...in court...positioning the First Amendment as their defense!

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.
Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling | Media Reform | CeaseSPIN.org

Old 05-11-2013, 12:29 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The State Dept didn't want Hicks to meet with anyone unless their lawyer was present. It was demanded that the LAWYER ATTEND every MEETING and was upset when he was denied 1 meeting because of his lack of the proper clearance.

Why did they send a lawyer to a congressional visit in the first place?
It was stated to be SOP that an State Dept Atty be present in such meetings. I think even Issa's staff could verify that. If that isn't the case, I am sure we will hear about. I don't know, but would assume not hearing about it's validity would pretty much say that it's true.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Taking things to their logical conclusion this afternoon, Oklahoma Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe suggested on a conservative radio show that President Obama may be be impeached over Benghazi. “Of all the great coverups in history — the Pentagon papers, the Iran-Contra, Watergate and all the rest of them — this … is going to go down as the most serious,” Inhofe said, a tad hyperbolically. “People may be starting to use the I-word,” he added.

There’s no doubt that people will start using the “the I-word” around Benghazi considering they’ve already invoked impeachment so, so, so many other times.

“Impeach Obama! Again!” - Salon.com

What follows is a list of at least 14 times since Obama has taken office that Conservatives have invoked impeachment. More serious than selling arms to Iran to fund contra rebels in Nicaragua? Seriously?

I expect this thread to draw the usual hysteria from the far right, but there must be some sane Republicans here (or is that merely wishful thinking on my part?). When do you start to get embarrassed by how ridiculous the GOP has become and attempt to inject some sanity into the party? Or have all sane Republicans already fled the party? It sure seems like it.
and we heard the same thing from a handful of Democrats when Bush was in office, we also heard both Bush and Chaney should be tried for war crimes. is there something else you want to talk about today or just bring up stuff that means nothing, especially when it comes from Salon?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and we heard the same thing from a handful of Democrats when Bush was in office, we also heard both Bush and Chaney should be tried for war crimes. is there something else you want to talk about today or just bring up stuff that means nothing, especially when it comes from Salon?
Some Democrats called for Bush to be investigated for a possibly impeachable offence on one issue only, and it was a pretty big one. Conservatives have called for impeachment investigations on Obama at least 14 times already. There really is no comparison.

So you really do believe that Benghazi is worse than Iran-Contra?

Last edited by HeyJude514; 05-11-2013 at 01:03 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Yes, they have cried wolf one too many times and, as such, are losing all credibility even among moderate Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies