Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The video was sent to a news station in Cairo and it was aired in Egypt. Upon it being aired that's when protesters started to gather and protest at the American Embassy. It was only hours after the US embassy in Cairo was breached when the attack took place in Libya. Saying that Benghazi happened because of the video was a convenient lie.
Just wondering, do you read what you write?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It wasn't just aired, it was played over and over and over all day long by one station.
The poster asked how the video originated. I didn't realize I had to mention that it was "aired" and played over and over.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Please point out where I went wrong?? If you can't then you have a comprehension problem, or have no memory or don't know how it went down.

Last edited by softblueyz; 05-13-2013 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Please point out where I went wrong oh wise one??
"It was only hours after Cairo" reaction to video airing. Then to say it is a "convenient lie" to say Benghazi started with demonstration. I would say, that would be a natural thing to suspect. The terrorists had most probably planned the attack on the CIA site at some point and used the opportunity.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
The poster asked how the video originated. I didn't realize I had to mention that it was "aired" and played over and over.
I was only clarifying what you posted.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
"It was only hours after Cairo" reaction to video airing. Then to say it is a "convenient lie" to say Benghazi started with demonstration. I would say, that would be a natural thing to suspect. The terrorists had most probably planned the attack on the CIA site at some point and used the opportunity.
It was convenient for the WH to use the video as an excuse - or more to the point - a lie as the cause for the ATTACK in Benghazi. There was no so-called demonstration or protest at Benghazi. The attack on Benghazi did happen hours after the attack on the US embassy in Cairo. Look it up.

You obviously don't know the difference between a protest and an attack. More than likely if you were going to a gun fight you would take a knife - or more than likely a water pistol. Your problem, not mine.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Well yeah, they had no other information to go on.
The CIA had an "intelligence gap" and didn't know there was a terrorist plot to attack Benghazi.

If you don't know what's going to happen then you can't stop it from happening can you ?
The CIA didn't know their base was going to be attacked.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I was only clarifying what you posted.
My bad. Sorry. Ahhhh, if only Obama could say those words. LOL

Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz
The video was sent to a news station in Cairo and it was aired in Egypt. Upon it being aired that's when protesters started to gather and protest at the American Embassy. It was only hours after the US embassy in Cairo was breached when the attack took place in Libya. Saying that Benghazi happened because of the video was a convenient lie.
Quote:
Again, if you dispute what someone writes why don't you post WHY you dispute it instead of attacking.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
So you are saying that terrorist were able to react within hours when the U.S. could not?

And exactly how did we know when the terrorist attack was going to end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies