Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

"Furthermore sources present during the deadly six-hour assault have said that a desperate last request for military assistance once the CIA themselves came under attack was denied, even though elite counter-terrorism units were only two hours away."

Read more: CIA agents in Benghazi twice asked for permission to help Ambassador Chris Stevens as bullets were flying and twice were told to 'stand down' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"OMG... I read it on the Internet do it must be true."

The Daily Mail is not known to get a lot of stuff right. This is just one example.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
No, this is only wishful thinking by right wing lunatics. They can't stomach the fact Obama is going to go down in history with Lincoln and Kennedy and are grasping at straws to find something to nail him with. Obama is still one of the most loved and popular Presidents in all history, especially with people under 30.
I don't know if you're joking or serious. If you're serious, wow! Delusional....

Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Good thing it was a long long time ago...

Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The status quo is that there is no issue. One has to prove that there is an issue. Otherwise, I presume that you are an axe murderer and you need to prove otherwise.

On the issue at hand, there was a terrible attack upon an embassy with loss of life. The original assumption was that it was a reaction to a video. That turned out to be incorrect as it was later determined it was a terrorist attack. That's the size of it but some would rather expand this into something sinister on the Administration's part. There just simply isn't any evidence of that.

People made mistakes and the objective should be to change procedures so it never happens again.
This is a perfect summary of what actually happened. For further clarification of this non-issue:

https://soundcloud.com/mike-in-ralei...l-notification

Old 05-06-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
OK, since it takes 20 years to earn retirement you were in during the Vietnam war. Where were you during that time and with what unit?
Not to speak for Weichert, but since you challenged my service too.

1. Graduated from West Point, Class of 1978. As a cadet I was a member of F Company, 3rd Regiment for two years, and E Company, 1st Regiment for two others. I was commissioned a 2LT on June 7, 1978 in the Field Artillery. My degree was in Aerospace Engineering.

2. After FACBOC (the Field Artillery Cannon Battery Officer's Course) at Ft. Sill, I attended Ranger School at Ft. Benning, Georgia. I was already Airborne qualified, having attended Airborne School as a cadet in the summer of '76.

3. In March of 79 I deployed to Turkey as a member of the Turkish-US Logistics Group (TUSLOG), as a Maintenance and Assembly team chief with custodial responsibility for nuclear warheads (specifically 155mm Howitzer and Honest John rocket warheads). I served in two detachments during my year overseas... TUSLOG Det. 98 in Erzurum, and TUSLOG Det. 97 in Izmit. During that time I was (with other soldiers and civilian contractors) twice targeted in terrorist attacks, making me one of the very few members of this forum who have actually had that experience.

4. In April of 1980 I returned to the US, where I was assigned to 1st BN (ABN) 319th Field Artillery, 82d Airborne Division Artillery. I then served in a number of positions to include Fire Support Team Chief, Battalion Assistant-4, Battery XO and Divarty S-4 (as a 1LT in a Major's billet). During that time we were part of what was then called the RDJTF (Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force) with a no notice, 2-hours wheels-up deployment mission. The Division Commander at the time was James Lindsey. The Corps Commander was Jack Mackmull.

5. In 1983 I was promoted to Captain and moved to XVIII Airborne Corps General Staff as Corp Ammunitions and Training Officer. The Corps at that time consisted of the 82d, 101st and 24th Infantry Divisions, both Ranger battalions and both Special Forces Groups (to include Delta). I resigned my commission a year later to pursue a career in the Medical Devices industry.

I know a little bit about which I speak.

Your turn.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Are you liberals scared?
No. Disgusted.

You'd think we'd be used to it by now, but as liberals generally actually think highly of mankind we keep giving you the benefit of the doubt, in spite of your behavior.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Not to speak for Weichert, but since you challenged my service too.

1. Graduated from West Point, Class of 1978. As a cadet I was a member of F Company, 3rd Regiment for two years, and E Company, 1st Regiment for two others. I was commissioned a 2LT on June 7, 1978 in the Field Artillery. My degree was in Aerospace Engineering.

2. After FACBOC (the Field Artillery Cannon Battery Officer's Course) at Ft. Sill, I attended Ranger School at Ft. Benning, Georgia. I was already Airborne qualified, having attended Airborne School as a cadet in the summer of '76.

3. In March of 79 I deployed to Turkey as a member of the Turkish-US Logistics Group (TUSLOG), as a Maintenance and Assembly team chief with custodial responsibility for nuclear warheads (specifically 155mm Howitzer and Honest John rocket warheads). I served in two detachments during my year overseas... TUSLOG Det. 98 in Erzurum, and TUSLOG Det. 97 in Izmit. During that time I was (with other soldiers and civilian contractors) twice targeted in terrorist attacks, making me one of the very few members of this forum who have actually had that experience.

4. In April of 1980 I returned to the US, where I was assigned to 1st BN (ABN) 319th Field Artillery, 82d Airborne Division Artillery. I then served in a number of positions to include Fire Support Team Chief, Battalion Assistant-4, Battery XO and Divarty S-4 (as a 1LT in a Major's billet). During that time we were part of what was then called the RDJTF (Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force) with a no notice, 2-hours wheels-up deployment mission. The Division Commander at the time was James Lindsey. The Corps Commander was Jack Mackmull.

5. In 1983 I was promoted to Captain and moved to XVIII Airborne Corps General Staff as Corp Ammunitions and Training Officer. The Corps at that time consisted of the 82d, 101st and 24th Infantry Divisions, both Ranger battalions and both Special Forces Groups (to include Delta). I resigned my commission a year later to pursue a career in the Medical Devices industry.

I know a little bit about which I speak.

Your turn.
You are aware that on City-Data, "I saw it on TV/YouTube/Alex Jones/Hollywood trumps any actual real world experience, right?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Well the story of the attack in that it was an flash mob attack due to a YouTube video is conspiracy theory cooked up by the Administration.
Since these flash mob attacks due to a YouTube video were going on in several other countries, I can understand the initial assessment of this.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you believe that when Al-Quaeda attacked we sent "2" people???? That is incompetence in itself.

When the Benghazi consulate came under fire, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty reportedly requested to intervene to suppress the attack. This would be in line with their tasked mission. As numerous reports surfacing now show, requests for military assets to be dispatched to the consulate were denied, on multiple occasions. They ignored orders to stand down.
I never said we only sent 2 people, i clearly said groups in my comment. You are so partisan that you are gliding over comments just to promote your argument.

0 of these reports you speak of have been proven true, again you are regurgitating FOX NEWS lies that FOX NEWS isnt even claiming anymore.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Do you know where the closest fighting force was in relation to the mission? Have you not heard that the attack on the mission was essential over before anyone would be able to get there?

It's called logistics. Imagine a fire bell going off in a Firehouse, the firefighters scramble to get to their gear and trucks only to find the fire is 100 miles away. the house is fully in gulfed with flames...What chance does that fire team have to get to the fire in time to put out the fire?

This was not a war zone, we are not at war with Lybia, We do not have military forces there. This is a Diplomatic mission not a military base.
The ambassador asked for help before the attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies