Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

You can't take your way out of obvious dereliction of duty. Benghazi should never have happened. They took their eyes of the ball...Your job as President is to keep your eyes on the ball and never take your eyes off situations where the loss of human life is possible. I guess the administration did not think the safety of others was than important.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What lesson did you learn from these deaths? Were not these lives important to right-wingers? If so, where was the investigation into how/why they occurred and how to prevent them from happening again? Did I miss the hearings for such?

Many embassies attacked during the Bush years before Benghazi
Still trying to get traction with this? It's been shot down each time it's been barfed onto this board so anything new?
Oh darn, we must be in the summer repeat season already.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
What lesson did you learn from these deaths? Were not these lives important to right-wingers? If so, where was the investigation into how/why they occurred and how to prevent them from happening again? Did I miss the hearings for such?

Many embassies attacked during the Bush years before Benghazi
Did the government intentionally lie about the cause of these?

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
He's a Democrat.
Is this why the right-wingers are trying to make an issue out of Benghazi, because a Democrat is president? What investigations occurred after these attacks on our embassies and consulates?

Religion and Ethics BBS - Deaths at embassies and consulates under Bush

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is exactly what MSNBC said when Obama was running around saying that Osama Bin Laden is dead and Al-Quaeda is on the run and at the same time there was a terrorist attack that killed our Ambassador. How dare the right dispute Obama when he is pumping out a bunch of lies.
Al-Qaeda has been severely weakened; many of their leaders and operatives have been eliminated. I don't recall anyone saying that they have been totally eliminated or would be incapable of striking. There is a difference between challenging Obama on policy and hyperbolic spin.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The status quo is that there is no issue. One has to prove that there is an issue. Otherwise, I presume that you are an axe murderer and you need to prove otherwise.

On the issue at hand, there was a terrible attack upon an embassy with loss of life. The original assumption was that it was a reaction to a video. That turned out to be incorrect as it was later determined it was a terrorist attack. That's the size of it but some would rather expand this into something sinister on the Administration's part. There just simply isn't any evidence of that.

People made mistakes and the objective should be to change procedures so it never happens again.
Well if you caught me with an axe in my hand and it was covered with blood - you can presume I killed someone, or you can presume I slaughtered a cow.

Have you never heard of evidence being "buried" that could prove innocence or guilt?? Have you ever heard of evidence being tampered with or gone missing? It happens.

The issue at hand is that Benghazi is a gray area.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Bwahaha, now the Republicans have even lost "Fox and Friends" on this issue:

They've Lost Fox And Friends: GOP Claims Of Benghazi 'Cover Up' Collapses | ThinkProgress

Btw, who is "Verie Plame"?
Interesting. The GOP is fabricating an issue for political purposes. The GOP will lose face when it is discovered there was no credibility in their claims. The Obama administration is silent in order to give them enough rope to.....................

Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Al-Qaeda has been severely weakened; many of their leaders and operatives have been eliminated. I don't recall anyone saying that they have been totally eliminated or would be incapable of striking. There is a difference between challenging Obama on policy and hyperbolic spin.
Actually the thought now is that A.Q. is just fine and all that's been accomplished has been to decentralize them and spread them out. So now they're not run by a singular OBL "head" but a bunch of little ones all over the place.
This may be worse than OBL given that we'd studied him for so long we had some idea of how he operated and could watch his communication lines for chatter. Now that it's decentralized what/who do we watch?
Also, there now may be some "leaders" that are more insane that OBL and willing to risk way more to strike a blow.
Sometimes better the devil you know.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Interesting. The GOP is fabricating an issue for political purposes. The GOP will lose face when it is discovered there was no credibility in their claims. The Obama administration is silent in order to give them enough rope to.....................
How does that compare to all the other embassy bombings? You're the expert right?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You can't take your way out of obvious dereliction of duty. Benghazi should never have happened. They took their eyes of the ball...Your job as President is to keep your eyes on the ball and never take your eyes off situations where the loss of human life is possible. I guess the administration did not think the safety of others was than important.
How outraged were you when 9/11 occurred?

Because with your reasoning, it had to be Bush's fault 100 %.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies