Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Its meaningless. Obama has made his decission, when you elect the next president, he can retroactively give all the surviors all the benefits and all medals, and all parades till your heart's content.
Yup. And that's what we get when a Muslim-loving president gets into power. He empowers all the sheep that hate the military, and defend terrorists.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You of course are once again correct, yeppers I'm clueless and all I'm concerned about is their purple heart medal. Good thing I'm not delusional though.
Some of the victims "had to find civilian doctors to get proper medical treatment"
It seems just as you make out that what these people are asking for is just a small insignificant thing and the DOD takes it's time. Well it looks like the DOD made at least one decision.

An Army review board initially classified Manning's injuries as "combat related," but that finding was later overruled by higher-ups in the Army.

Manning says the "workplace violence" designation has cost him almost $70,000 in benefits that would have been available if his injuries were classified as "combat related."

"Survivors of the incident at Fort Hood are eligible for the same medical benefits as all servicemembers," said Little. "The Department of Defense is also committed to the integrity of the ongoing court martial proceedings of Major Nidal Hasan and for that reason will not at this time further characterize the incident."

Secretary of the Army John McHugh told ABC News he was unaware of any specific complaints from the Fort Hood victims, even though he is a named defendant in the lawsuit filed last November which specifically details the plight of many of them.
Page 2: Members of Congress Demand Obama Administration Classify Ft. Hood Attack an 'Act of Terrorism' - ABC News

And:

Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning, who was shot six times that day, said his injuries prevented him from continuing to serve. But he won’t receive the same benefits as those severely wounded on the battlefield because an Army medical evaluation board didn’t deem his injuries to be combat-related, he said.
Fort Hood shooting victims seek added benefits - News - Boston.com

So yes, I guess you're right again.
There are hundreds of thousands of military men and women fighting DoD designations everyday in America. Hundreds of thousands that hit the DoD wall. Many...Many of my own family members and friends have hit the DoD wall.

My neighbor just got his "agent orange' classification. 10 years after trying to get his benefits.

My own father battled the DoD for years...before he got any relief. And his saying while he was...was, "I volunteered".

What you seek may be a noble cause, but I more suspect it's only because "Obama did it". I dont think you or anybody else screaming about this issue really cares about all the men and women that are struggling with their DoD designations, benefits, or health issues as you all profess.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
OK. Then it stands to reason that Boston is over? So all talk of gun grabbing should stop.
Gun grabbing should be stopped... or at least localized to known gun violence communities

...which, as we see are communities that might be described as BLUE.

Dems love guns. No, really. Stop laughing. | Rare

Last edited by Willsson; 05-01-2013 at 11:38 AM..

Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
I also am not looking for impeachment, just someone to be honest and take responsibility for their actions (or inaction) for once instead of denial and laying it off on others.
Where does the buck stop now? Wherever it can be hidden from sight.
Yea..it kinda is about impeachment even though you guys know that it's nothing more than a right wing fantasy.

The bucks stops at the boss at the time...Hillary Clinton. And she already took full responsibility.
Quote:
Using this interpretation so is Iraq for that matter but that hasn't stopped the left from constantly bringing it up (of course to pass blame to others).

People were killed and to this day there's no clear reason as to how,who and why. I'm so happy that you can be so cavalier about it.
Meh..4500 soldiers are dead in Iraq for no clear reasons or objectives. What was that for?

Talk about cavalier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is not about "the election". It is about political corruption and a defiance of the law, just as Watergate. Your response show that you do not care about the rule of law and are only concerned with protecting your political agenda, regardless of what is legal and what is not. This clearly shows that liberals support tyranny and not the laws that govern ALL MEN, regardless of class or position in the US. To do so is to accept a feudal system of men who are "above the law". It used to be, in the US, that no man was above the law. Watergate showed that to be true.

When you consider the actions at Benghazi to be "acceptable", it suggests that the rule of law is no longer relevant in the oval office. Do you really want that? What if a republican had done the same thing?

I think Nixon got what he deserved. Obama, however, has committed a far worse act and has gotten off scott free.
Bull. It really is about the election.

You guys were chirping about this nonsense in the first place NOT because you really wanted to get at the truth, but because you thought it would damage the president enough to give Romney an opening.

And this isn't Watergate. There are no Erlichmanns, Haldemans, Deans, MacGruders, Colsons, or Mitchells in this saga.

I mean, "Obama has committed a far worse act?" LMAO...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You obviously don't know a damn thing about Watergate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The ONLY thing that is over, is the lives of the 4 men who died because of, well we don't know why.

That is why the interest is there.

If you were related to one of those 4 I'd bet you would be singing a different tune.

If you don't care then don't bother posting on this thread.
Wow...underwear in a bunch because 4 people are dead, huh? We don't know why?

Because the terrorists wanted to kill some Americans, that's why. You need a long, deep explanation to understand that?

There are 4500 Americans soldiers dead fighting a useless war in Iraq? What was that all about? Why aren't you guys demanding answers to that debacle?

And i'll post wherever the hell i feel like posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Here's Hillary when she wanted to nail Nixon for his wrongdoings during Watergate.....fast forward 40 years later.....shouldn't she be paid the same courtesy for Benghazi???

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust curious.....because the left is all about being "fair".....right? Remember I, like most Republicans, believed Nixon should have been tossed.....so I, like most Republicans and any commons sense Democrats, think Hillary should be tossed.....seems right....oh and on her watch, 4 got killed.....Watergate? A humorous scandal by comparison....

Hillary's new tag line......"I'm not a crook"
Hillary should be tossed FROM WHERE?

Uhhhh..she's no longer our Foreign Secretary. So where should she be tossed from?

No, what's gonna happen is that she's probably gonna run in 2016 and destroy whatever clown ass Republican that wants to waste his time trying to get elected. And of course, you guys will scream about Benghazi, but to no effect.

Get used to the idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The Obama cult will defend Obama no matter the evidence of his lying and despicable economy. No matter how little he has done for them. Watch them here on cd. Now if they would only work as hard at a job.
Do you even have a job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
OK. Then it stands to reason that Boston is over? So all talk of gun grabbing should stop.
Boston? How is that relative to gun grabbing?

You right wingers always have guns on the brain even when no one is talking about it.

Calm down...no one wants to take away that little P-shooter you have (that you wouldn't use anyway).

Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Democrats and Lefties in general don't care that people got killed by inept people and were lied to. They just simply DO NOT CARE!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Democrats and Lefties in general don't care that people got killed by inept people and were lied to. They just simply DO NOT CARE!
Best exemplified by Madame Secretary's Benghazi meltdown ...

What difference does it make?

Fairly well describes the entire administration principles.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Ah yes, Benghazi, remember when Obama infamously referred to it as a mere “bump in the road.”

Obama and friends thought everyone was stupid and tried selling that "it was because of the video". The liberal media also tried selling the video too. And he was right, the people who believe everything "dear Obama and Hillary" say bought it.

Now Obama is saying he is unaware of longstanding efforts by Republican lawmakers to question survivors of the Benghazi attacks but pledged to investigate the issue. Seriously Obama?? Your followers may be stupid enough to believe that but others aren't. Obama wants us to all believe that we live in a safer world because he saved us LOL because Osama Bin Laden is dead. What a joke.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea..it kinda is about impeachment even though you guys know that it's nothing more than a right wing fantasy.

The bucks stops at the boss at the time...Hillary Clinton. And she already took full responsibility.

Meh..4500 soldiers are dead in Iraq for no clear reasons or objectives. What was that for?

Talk about cavalier.

Bull. It really is about the election.

You guys were chirping about this nonsense in the first place NOT because you really wanted to get at the truth, but because you thought it would damage the president enough to give Romney an opening.

And this isn't Watergate. There are no Erlichmanns, Haldemans, Deans, MacGruders, Colsons, or Mitchells in this saga.

I mean, "Obama has committed a far worse act?" LMAO...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You obviously don't know a damn thing about Watergate.

Wow...underwear in a bunch because 4 people are dead, huh? We don't know why?

Because the terrorists wanted to kill some Americans, that's why. You need a long, deep explanation to understand that?

There are 4500 Americans soldiers dead fighting a useless war in Iraq? What was that all about? Why aren't you guys demanding answers to that debacle?

And i'll post wherever the hell i feel like posting.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The phony outrage that this is actually about the lives lost, is alive and well only in the FOX Echo chamber.
And I thought you were an adult. At least I admit when I am wrong!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Does MSMBC keep you in the dark again? No wonder you people are called the uninformed.

"Does MSMBC keep you in the dark again?"

I think it is YOU are in the dark!

I suggest YOU read the posts being responded to before using juvenile attacks on the poster doing the responsing.

The Fort Hood shooting that they have been neglected by the military and 'betrayed' by President Obama. The Obama administration classify the attack as a terrorist act and will not provide full benefits to the victims and their families. The Obama administration claims it was workplace violence.
Obama administration classify as work place violence

"Your honor, in the name of almighty Allah, I am a Muslim,”. “I believe that my religion requires me to wear a beard.”. The highest military appellate court ordered the removal of facial hair. The rule goes back decades. Hasan’s attorneys argue that under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act he should be exempt from the military’s ban on beards

The Beard Fort Hood Killer Nidal Hasan Would not shave - muslim

"Thirteen people were killed, including a pregnant soldier, and 32 others shot in the Nov. 5, 2009

"Dec. 12, 2012
The Beard Alleged Fort Hood Killer Nidal Hasan Wouldn’t Shave"

Hmm! It took 3 years to get him to trial so could deny shaving.

Why has it taken so long?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies