Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
thats nice..I would like to have a coffee.
Yeah, so you've got nothing. Where's the study? You've had more than enough time to look for one, while claiming you're too busy to look for one.
You made the claim, you substantiate it. That's how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Pit bull defenders continue to try to knock this thread off-track. Lest we forget, here's one account of how the horror went down:

"According to neighbors, the boy's father was at work and rushed home. Police said the boy's father was so distraught that he had to be restrained.

A mother's scream is a sound neighbor Joseph Messam will never forget.

"I heard the mama rolling around out there screaming on the ground and neighbors came and we tried to see what we can do, but I stayed back to look and I saw all the blood on her arms," said Messam.

That's when Messam said he knew something was terribly wrong.

"'The dog killed the baby, the dog killed the baby,' that's what I heard her say," said Messam."

Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You do know that news reports - and people in general - often mislabel dogs that are NOT pit bulls AS pit bulls, right?
So, you think all the news reports are wrong and it was a cocker spaniel who killed this child, right?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Pit bull defenders continue to try to knock this thread off-track. Lest we forget, here's one account of how the horror went down:

"According to neighbors, the boy's father was at work and rushed home. Police said the boy's father was so distraught that he had to be restrained.

A mother's scream is a sound neighbor Joseph Messam will never forget.

"I heard the mama rolling around out there screaming on the ground and neighbors came and we tried to see what we can do, but I stayed back to look and I saw all the blood on her arms," said Messam.

That's when Messam said he knew something was terribly wrong.

"'The dog killed the baby, the dog killed the baby,' that's what I heard her say," said Messam."
I am genuinely sorry that a dog killed this child.

But that is not the point I am making -which you keep missing. I have to wonder - is this intentional or are you truly unable to understand what I'm saying? Seriously - I don't know.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
So, you think all the news reports are wrong and it was a cocker spaniel who killed this child, right?
This is the second time you've twisted what I've said into something that I absolutely did NOT say. So I'm done talking about this with you. I don't like your deceitful tactics.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
But that is not the point I am making -which you keep missing. I have to wonder - is this intentional or are you truly unable to understand what I'm saying? Seriously - I don't know.
I do miss your point. What are you saying, as it relates to this tragedy and not your personal affinity for pit bulls who can be warm, snuggly teddy bears who would never attack a two-year-old child?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:38 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
More than 90% of YOU cannot identify a copperhead snake or a cottonmouth (water moccasin) snake but that doesn't mean that they are not killers - more so than the other breeds.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:39 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I am not defending the guy or even saying I agree with the premise, but if you google L-tyrosine and pitbulls, there seems to be a lot of info on it...whether or not it's true is another thing.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
More than 90% of YOU cannot identify a copperhead snake or a cottonmouth (water moccasin) snake but that doesn't mean that they are not killers - more so than the other breeds.
But if I call any snake I run across that scares me, a copperhead or a cottonmouth, then at some point you gotta know - I don't know what I'm really talking about.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am not defending the guy or even saying I agree with the premise, but if you google L-tyrosine and pitbulls, there seems to be a lot of info on it...whether or not it's true is another thing.
I don't think L-tyrosine has anything to do with this thread topic. I don't know but am pretty sure the two-year-old's parent's don't give a hang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies